Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological (26062 Views)

Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. / A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological by TheShopKeeper(m): 6:10pm On Oct 25, 2014
BE ONE OF THE 8500!!!!!!!

In April 2010, EIWM took possession of a Dassault Falcon 900 B. It is named The Weapon of Prosperity II (The Citation III that EIWM currently own is called The Weapon of Prosperity I). This aircraft is a weapon to destroy poverty in the Body of Christ by allowing my team and I to take this message of prosperity to the four corners of the earth.
There are so many people around the earth that know Jesus died for their sins (2 Corinthians 5:17), but don’t know that Jesus also died for their prosperity (2 Corinthians 8:9). God has given me a mandate to take this unique and rare anointing around the world to break the bondage of poverty. I’m also a pastor of a local church. The Weapon of Prosperity II allows me to do both assignments with efficiency and with the greatest amount of affect.

On my way to see this aircraft, the Lord spoke to me and this is what He said:
God:“This plane will be a DIVINE MARK in your ministry! You have been patient, so now your time has come!“
Me: “God, I’ll go anywhere you want me to go!”
God: “REALIZE THIS: I am sending you to the nations with a special Word from me. Get Ready! Big doors are about to open supernaturally. All that you have preached is about to begin to start manifesting. You’ve been faithful over your small jets. Now I am about to give you a bigger one. So receive it as a “Gift With A Mission! GET READY TO RECEIVE! Immediately, I knew that plane was now a part of the Kingdom of God.

God told me what amount to put down on the loan. I had more than that but I have learned to obey God. So I put that amount down along with the debt free Weapon of Prosperity I (The Citation III that EIWM currently owns).
I didn’t know why God didn’t want me to put more money down on the aircraft until spending time with Him in prayer about it. Now I know why God wanted me to put down a certain amount. With the economy in the condition that it’s in, those that know the laws of sowing and reaping are looking for good soil to plant seed. The mission of the Weapon of Prosperity II makes taking part in this debt cancellation a good place to sow seed.

Matthew 13:8
But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
There was a balance of $8.5 million dollars on the loan. If 8,500 people give $1000, that would pay the loan off. There are 8,058 spots (This number will change daily!) left to get in on this opportunity to sow into the debt cancellation of the Weapon of Prosperity II. 442 people have already committed to this project. If you are one of the 8o500, you will have seed in good ground ready to receive a harvest.

Here’s the wonderful news! You can give it all at once or pledge the amount you want to give. I’m allowing pledges because it gives everyone a chance to get involved. You may have never given a large seed, but here is your opportunity! On top of that, the deadline for pledge completion is 24 months from the date you pledge. That’s 2 years from now!

That means, if you pledge $1000, you can sow into The Weapon of Prosperity II with only $41.66/month and as each month passes you will have significant seed in the ground. You don’t have to stop at $1000. If you want to give more, you can. Look at the examples below:
If I pledge :
The monthly breakdown is
$1000 $41.66/month $1250 $52.08/month $1500 $62.50/month $2000 $83.33/month $2500 $104.16/month $5000 $208.33/month $7500 $312.5/month $10000 $416.66/month $15000 $625/month $20000 $833.33/month I want to use this giving opportunity to train my partners in receiving! Once again, I’m allowing pledges to give you a chance to give towards this debt cancellation, which puts you in a position to receive.

A harvest needs 2 things: good soil and seed! I already know what’s going to happen to you! As soon as you purpose in your heart to give, God will begin to send seed to your hands. That’s 2 Corinthians 9:7-10. It reads:
7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
8And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:
9 (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.
10 Now He (God) that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousnesswink

Once you begin to put that seed in the ground, God will start you on a process of multiplication of seed and fruit (results). Some of you will complete your pledge before the 24-month deadline! If you pledged already and have finished your pledge, you may want to pledge again.
As soon as you point your focus on what God wants, He begins to point His focus on what you want. There will be wonderfully strange ways God begins to put seed into your hands. I’m excited to begin hearing about these adventures in faith. As I said earlier, I want to use this giving opportunity to train you how to receive. I’ll send you a confession that I want you to say at least 3x’s daily. This will cause your thoughts to be right and eliminate every thought that doesn’t agree with your increase. You will begin to see increase immediately because God will begin to send the money your way to fulfill your commitments and cause you to increase!

To join the movement, you can submit your pledge below!

Blessings on Your Life,
Dr. Leroy Thompson Sr.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological by Image123(m): 7:14pm On Oct 25, 2014
Bidam:
grin i never no say shdemidemi aka demisquare get vinegar for mouth like this. Chei..Image123 don suffer persecutions for nairaland o. Imagine calling some one a love-vendor? Na christians una be so?

hahahaha, truth is bitter.
Re: The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological by Image123(m): 7:17pm On Oct 25, 2014
christemmbassey:
I thought u're a Nigerian?

So? i thought you were a professing Christian?
Re: The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological by WinsomeX: 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2014
nannymcphee:

yes i did, you're the one who didnt reply

Sorry, I will do so now.
Re: The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological by Candour(m): 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2014
TheShopKeeper:

In April 2010, EIWM took possession of a Dassault Falcon 900 B. It is named The Weapon of Prosperity II (The Citation III that EIWM currently own is called The Weapon of Prosperity I). This aircraft is a weapon to destroy poverty in the Body of Christ by allowing my team and I to take this message of prosperity to the four corners of the earth.
There are so many people around the earth that know Jesus died for their sins (2 Corinthians 5:17), but don’t know that Jesus also died for their prosperity (2 Corinthians 8:9). God has given me a mandate to take this unique and rare anointing around the world to break the bondage of poverty. I’m also a pastor of a local church. The Weapon of Prosperity II allows me to do both assignments with efficiency and with the greatest amount of affect.

God:“This plane will be a DIVINE MARK in your ministry! You have been patient, so now your time has come!“
God: “REALIZE THIS: I am sending you to the nations with a special Word from me. Get Ready! Big doors are about to open supernaturally. All that you have preached is about to begin to start manifesting. You’ve been faithful over your small jets. Now I am about to give you a bigger one. So receive it as a “Gift With A Mission! GET READY TO RECEIVE! Immediately, I knew that plane was now a part of the Kingdom of God.

God told me what amount to put down on the loan. I had more than that but I have learned to obey God. So I put that amount down along with the debt free Weapon of Prosperity I (The Citation III that EIWM currently owns).
I didn’t know why God didn’t want me to put more money down on the aircraft until spending time with Him in prayer about it. Now I know why God wanted me to put down a certain amount. With the economy in the condition that it’s in, those that know the laws of sowing and reaping are looking for good soil to plant seed. The mission of the Weapon of Prosperity II makes taking part in this debt cancellation a good place to sow seed.

But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
There was a balance of $8.5 million dollars on the loan. If 8,500 people give $1000, that would pay the loan off. There are 8,058 spots (This number will change daily!) left to get in on this opportunity to sow into the debt cancellation of the Weapon of Prosperity II. 442 people have already committed to this project. If you are one of the 8o500, you will have seed in good ground ready to receive a harvest.

Here’s the wonderful news! You can give it all at once or pledge the amount you want to give. I’m allowing pledges because it gives everyone a chance to get involved. You may have never given a large seed, but here is your opportunity! On top of that, the deadline for pledge completion is 24 months from the date you pledge. That’s 2 years from now!

That means, if you pledge $1000, you can sow into The Weapon of Prosperity II with only $41.66/month and as each month passes you will have significant seed in the ground. You don’t have to stop at $1000. If you want to give more, you can. Look at the examples below:
If I pledge :
The monthly breakdown is
$1000 $41.66/month $1250 $52.08/month $1500 $62.50/month $2000 $83.33/month $2500 $104.16/month $5000 $208.33/month $7500 $312.5/month $10000 $416.66/month $15000 $625/month $20000 $833.33/month I want to use this giving opportunity to train my partners in receiving! Once again, I’m allowing pledges to give you a chance to give towards this debt cancellation, which puts you in a position to receive.

A harvest needs 2 things: good soil and seed! I already know what’s going to happen to you! As soon as you purpose in your heart to give, God will begin to send seed to your hands. That’s 2 Corinthians 9:7-10. It reads:
7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
8And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:
9 (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.
10 Now He (God) that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousnesswink

Once you begin to put that seed in the ground, God will start you on a process of multiplication of seed and fruit (results). Some of you will complete your pledge before the 24-month deadline! If you pledged already and have finished your pledge, you may want to pledge again.
As soon as you point your focus on what God wants, He begins to point His focus on what you want. There will be wonderfully strange ways God begins to put seed into your hands. I’m excited to begin hearing about these adventures in faith. As I said earlier, I want to use this giving opportunity to train you how to receive. I’ll send you a confession that I want you to say at least 3x’s daily. This will cause your thoughts to be right and eliminate every thought that doesn’t agree with your increase. You will begin to see increase immediately because God will begin to send the money your way to fulfill your commitments and cause you to increase!

Blessings on Your Life,
Dr. Leroy Thompson Sr.

Is this for real shocked shocked

meanwhile see what Hagin (on page 126-127) had to say about the fraudulent use of the parable of the sower to manipulate people into parting with their cash

''Several years ago, I made that mistake with the concept of the hundredfold return. I picked up on what others were saying and started saying it too. When I took an offering, I would pray that God would bless the people's giving by sending them a hundredfold return. It sounded good. And people seemed excited and enthusiastic about it. But every time I said it, I felt vaguely uncomfortable. Something wasn't quite right, but I couldn't put my finger on it.
One morning I was getting up to come teach a class at RHEMA. I was sitting on the side of the bed putting on my socks. I had one on and was starting to put the other one on when the Lord said to me, "No one has ever received a hundredfold return yet on all their giving."
Well, that stopped me in my tracks—with one sock on and one sock off. I thought, Did I hear right? I believe I know the voice of the Lord. I've heard it many times.
"Well, Lord," I said, "Jesus talked about the sower who went out and scattered seed. Not all of it produced good results, but some produced a hundredfold, some sixtyfold, and some thirty."
The Lord pointed out to me that the parable I was referring to was not talking about money. The seed is the Word. The stony and thorn-infested ground has no return at all—some who hear the Word do not respond. But even in good ground, the amount of return differs. Some Christians don't grow and develop much
—maybe thirtyfold. Others may develop more. And some become great, devout, faith-filled, productive Christians—the hundredfold folks. In other words, they receive the maximum benefit from the Word of God they have heard.
And the other commonly used hundredfold passage that we looked at earlier isn't about giving money, either. Mark 10:28 through 30 is talking about Christian service. Jesus wasn't talking about multiplying tithes and offerings.''

If the guy who sent that mail out isn't a certified criminal predator preying on the gullible, i don't know what else he'll be except of course he didn't originate or send that mail out

3 Likes

Re: The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological by BabaGnoni: 7:42pm On Oct 25, 2014
^^^
Yes ooo. Of course now, it is real.
- Was sent out to his partners
This is old news nau, has been in public domain long time.
like shdemidemi said, we are just looku and laffing

2 Likes

Re: The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological by WinsomeX: 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2014
I don't know if you guys notice the phrase "the Lord said to me...", the root of all errors and false doctrine.

Consider this discussion from https://www.nairaland.com/1955990/guilty-practising-mysticism/2

WinsomeX:

Colossians 2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind

The above text is the reason for this thread titled "Are you guilty of practising mysticism?". I did not open the thread to find out about mystics; I opened the thread to show that mysticism is actually anti Christian and therefore Antichrist. I am glad however that many mystics have found the thread to espouse their theology. Those of you who find then inviting, may imbibe it to the detriment of your souls and to your eternal damnation. My concern for the thread is with my own constituency: the church. Particularly Pentecostals. I hope to show that they are in danger of delving into mysticism and that the so called results they obtain or the spirits they hear actually cab actually be of demonic origin. I base my premise on the word of God as quoted above in Colossians 2:18.

Let us be reminded of the purpose of Paul writing to the Colossians. It was to warn them of a certain false gospel called Gnosticism. The Gnostics had various dimensions in which they operated: including, intellectualism, ritualism, mysticism and legalism. Paul addressed these issues in that order from Colossians 2: 8-23. In Colossians 2:18, he began to speak on mysticism. He enumerated the following as their stock in trade:

1. Voluntary humility and worshiping of angels.
2. Taking authority from visions.
3. Pride from a fleshly mind.

1. Worshipping of Angels: A group guilty of this practise in Christendom are Catholics and white garment churches. Make no mistake about it, these people have had tremendous experiences from these devotions and thus are enslaved to them. The reason why many of them hold to these practices is bc they have found solution to life challenges through them. So now they are enslaved.

2. Visions: Those guilty of these are mostly pentecostals. Some tell of Jesus appearing to them to teach doctrines not found in the bible. Some make trips to heaven and hell, returning to tell their stories in bestseller books and largely attended conferences. While I do not deny God can give visions, vision in themselves are not final authority. If whatever vision you have do not line up with scripture, may that vision perish with you.

3. The result in all of the two above is pride, and not faith or humility. First the individual that has these experiences puts on the toga of exclusivity. He is seen as special. He is proud; basing his pride on a fleshly thing, a vision rather than God's word. But God's word says the just will live by faith: Faith in Christ and a deep humility that resorts from being a debtor to God's grace in Christ.

I said all of that to warn my Pentecostal friends against mysticism and to ask them to beware of delving into realms that are wholly dominated by demonic spirits. In this vain I would like to speak briefly on the following practices in such churches:

1. Speaking with tongues.
2. Hearing voices.
3. Fasting.

1. Tongues: My study of scriptures reveal that tongues is a valid gift of the Spirit. But I must of certainty agree with many who question the modern day practices of speaking with tongues, in the basis that much of those tongues cannot be interpreted and of necessity are gibberish. I believe that a valid gift of tongue which can still operate today, will come with interpretation or be a means to evangelize hitherto unreached nations for Jesus. I fear that much of tongue praying today is speaking gibberish into the air and Satan's wise way of denying the Christian an opportunity for rich communion with God. I sincerely believe that the tongue practise should be investigated more closely by Christians with the view to judging its scriptural foundation and if found faulty, the practice discarded.

[b]2. Hearing voices: This is another mystical dimension of Pentecostalism that is worrisome. The phrase "God told me.." is so prevalent in these religious circles that one begins to wonder if God is talkative. Most of the epistles were written with apostolic authority and rarely do we find any of them saying God told them anything. Except Revelation that was a clear encounter with Christ. In the Old Testament, we see God appearing to the prophets in far in between periods. How this same God has suddenly developed a penchant for always talking is bewildering. John warned us that many spirits have gone into the world. Are these the spirit speaking to these people? Whatever any man says he heard from God, let us know that the bible is the final authority. If what a man hears does not line up with scripture, it is not God. If however another man claim he heard nothing but is doing the bible, follow that man. Let us be aware of all these God told me talk. Its the root of many extra biblical doctrines.
[/b]
3. Fasting: a legitimate spiritual exercise when inspired by God. However, Lengthy fasting periods not directed by God can open up a man to new dimensions in the spirit realm. And anyone not properly grounded can have encounters with evil spirits that will forever influence with him negatively. The story is told of how Mohammed encountered an angel in a cave who gave him the Quran. It all started through a quest into mysticism. Many Pentecostals in the quest for anointing indulge in protracted fastings, the results are usually revelations that lead to extra biblical teachings. Let us beware.

In conclusion, I remind us of MacArthur statement that I put at the OP:

Mysticism may be defined as the pursuit of a deeper or higher subjective religious experience. It is the belief that spiritual reality is perceived apart from the human intellect and natural senses. It looks for truth internally, weighing feelings, intuition, and other internal sensations more heavily than objective, observable, external data. Mysticism ultimately derives its authority from a self-actualized, self authenticated light arising from within. This irrational and anti- intellectual approach is the antithesis of Christian theology.

Biblical truths should be learnt via objective studies into scriptures.
God's Spirit who authored it, is ever near to guide us into all truths. We do not need subjective experience or a certain word from the Lord to know biblical truth. They are open to us if we are studios and prayerful enough in our study. I do not deny the fact that God can reward such studious endeavors with certain subjective experiences but it will not be the norm. And even when they happen, they cannot supercede the authority of scripture and our duty is not to go looking for them.

I still will like to hear the opinions of leading Pentecostals on this forum in this matter. I hope Bidam, who has written a bit on pentecostalism here, will honor the invitation; and Image123, along with others.

Cheers.
Re: The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological by nora544: 8:23pm On Oct 26, 2014
Jesus He Knows Me Lyrics

Do you see the face on the TV screen
Coming at you every sunday
See that face on the billboard
Well, that man is me

On the cover of the magazine
There's no question why I'm smiling
You buy a piece of paradise
You buy a piece of me

I'll get you everything you wanted
I'll get you everything you need
Don't need to believe in hereafter
Just believe in me

Cause Jesus he knows me
And he knows I'm right
I've been talking to Jesus all my life
Oh yes he knows me
And he knows I'm right
And he's been telling me
Everything is alright

I believe in the family
With my ever loving wife beside me
But she don't know about my girlfriend
Or the man I met last night

Do you believe in God
Cos that is what I'm selling
And if you wanna get to heaven
I'll see you right

You won't even have to leave your house
Or get out of your chair
You don't even have to touch that dial
Cause I'm everywhere

Cause Jesus he knows me
And he knows I'm right
Oh yes he knows me
And he knows I'm right
And he's been telling me
Everything gonna alright

Won't find me practicing what I'm preaching
Won't find me making no sacrifice
But I can get you a pocketful of miracles
If you promise to be good, try to be nice
God will take good care of you
Just do as I say, don't do as I do

I'm counting my blessings
Cos I've found true happiness
Cos I'm getting richer, day by day
You can find me in the phone book
Just call my toll free number
You can do it anyway you want
Just do it right away

There'll be no doubt in your mind
You'll believe everything I'm saying
If wanna get closer to him
Get on your knees and start praying

Cause Jesus he knows me
And he knows I'm right
Oh yes he knows me
And he knows I'm right
And he's been telling me
Everything is alright

The song is a satire of televangelism, released in a period when several televangelists such as Robert Tilton, Jim Bakker, Larry Lea and Benny Hinn were under investigation for promising financial success to their listeners, provided they sent money to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EprQGmZ3Imw
Re: The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological by vooks: 8:43pm On Oct 26, 2014
I would appreciate if you pasted your sources because am still reeling in shock over the depths of Satan some have descended

TheShopKeeper:

If I pledge :
The monthly breakdown is

Blessings on Your Life,
Dr. Leroy Thompson Sr.
Re: The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological by BabaGnoni: 8:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
vooks:
I would appreciate if you pasted your sources because am still reeling in shock over the depths of Satan some have descended

BabaGnoni:
^^^
Yes ooo. Of course now, it is real.
- Was sent out to his partners
This is old news nau, has been in public domain long time
like shdemidemi said, we are just looku and laffing

^^^
http://exministries./2010/10/02/dr-leroy-thompson-wants-to-give-you-an-opportunity-to-help-pay-for-another-jet/

http://web.archive.org/web/20101005231529/http://exministries./2010/10/02/dr-leroy-thompson-wants-to-give-you-an-opportunity-to-help-pay-for-another-jet/

The letter has been taken off Dr. Leroy Thompson’s website. Isn’t that nice?
and they have got their legal team to censor publishing on other websites
the blogger who first put out the letter had his website taken offline but the archived version is still available as seen above
Re: The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological by nora544: 9:03pm On Oct 26, 2014
vooks:

that is the information

https://www.nairaland.com/590571/sow-1000-into-leroy-thompsons

that is the orginal from where it comes and I know it is tru that is not a fake.

http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread.php?t=262122
Re: The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological by nora544: 9:16pm On Oct 26, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oXhYVm2MW8

That could only happen in america, I never see this in main europa but I know this could also happen in nIgeria
Re: The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological by nannymcphee(f): 7:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
Gombs:

Zac 1:17  Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem.

Can you also explain the above for me too? Thanks

Maybe you should do more study on the book of Zechariah wink

pls to understand this verse, you have to start from verse 1. This chapter is talking about the typical scenario where Israel will stray from God & the typical suffering/woes that normally comes with it & the blessing that comes later when they repent as evident based in Vs 2-4 of this chapter

2 The LORD hath been sore displeased with your fathers.
3 Therefore say thou unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn ye unto me, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will turn unto you, saith the LORD of hosts.
4 Be ye not as your fathers, unto whom the former prophets have cried, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn ye now from your evil ways, and from your evil doings: but they did not hear, nor hearken unto me, saith the LORD

here is what some translations has to say about V17

17 And again let your voice be loud and say, This is what the Lord of armies has said: My towns will again be overflowing with good things, and again the Lord will give comfort to Zion and take Jerusalem for himself.

17 “Proclaim further, saying, ‘Yahweh of Armies says: “My cities will again overflow with prosperity, and Yahweh will again comfort Zion, and will again choose Jerusalem.”’”

17 “Also announce the following: ‘This is what the LORD of the Heavenly Armies says: “My cities will again overflow with prosperity. The LORD will comfort Zion once more and will choose Jerusalem again.”’”

hope you get what God is saying, when they turn back to him, the cities will be filled back with prosperity

notice the later part of Vs17

The LORD will comfort Zion once more and will choose Jerusalem again

why is The Lord comforting them & choosing them "again"??

When they turn back to him, they will prosper then he will comfort them & they will become his again.

1 Like

Re: The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological by nannymcphee(f): 3:39pm On Dec 21, 2014
WinsomeX:

No I have not. Not having placed it on my scale of preference for duties.

I trust you are enjoying your weekend. BTW, you didn't reply my PM.

Cheers.

compliments of season!!!!

my books have finally arrived

Re: The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological by WinsomeX: 4:35pm On Dec 21, 2014
nannymcphee:

compliments of season!!!!

my books have finally arrived

wow!!!

I envy you o. Can we have a thread discuss on some of their contents either as you read or when you're finished.

My, my... enjoy every moment with them.
Re: The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological by Dereformer(m): 8:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
I will come back latter.
Re: The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological by nannymcphee(f): 10:31pm On Dec 21, 2014
WinsomeX:

wow!!!

I envy you o. Can we have a thread discuss on some of their contents either as you read or when you're finished.

My, my... enjoy every moment with them.

I'll try but no promises o, dunno if I'll have time to type & post(since I can't copy, it's not an ecopy)

But I might put up quotes I find notable

I guess u are familiar with two of the titles, the "path to wealth" was written in 1988, Hagin referenced it in the Midas touch, I kind of liked that quote, hence my getting the book to see what the author has to say though he is pro tithe
Re: The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological by cbravo(m): 11:16pm On Apr 26, 2017
Re: The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological by cbravo3: 11:20pm On Apr 26, 2017
Re: The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological by brocab: 11:56pm On Jun 11, 2017
Not only in America, everywhere-preachers catching on to the money Gospel, any preacher that preaches the Tithing gospel, are just as bad as each other, they all come under the prosperity preachers system, around the world.
No Church preacher should be richer than us all.
Churches are fill of unbelievers, none study, nor read their bibles, none test the Words that raises out from these men and women, who preaches the tithing message?
Christians that follow after these false doctrines, who claim to be saved, are not saved. {Money can not save you}
The sinners prayer-isn't the Health and Wealth prayer.
Jesus said-those who believe in Me will be persecuted, "this is right" all believers do and will suffer.
Jesus said His Kingdom is not of this world-He said-we brought nothing into this world, and sure enough, we can't take anything out of it.
Jesus warned us about these men of corrupt minds, destitute of the truth who suppose that godliness, is the means of financial gain.
Jesus said-From such withdraw yourselves.

And what do the unbelievers do, they worship after their own kind.
nora544:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oXhYVm2MW8

That could only happen in america, I never see this in main europa but I know this could also happen in nIgeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Stories Behind Great Hymns / Seminarian Onyekachukwu Martins Converts Nonbelievers To Christians In Akwa Ibom / Can I Still Go To Church After Having Sex On A Sunday Morning?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.