Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition (9484 Views)

TWRP And Root For Tecno L5, Infinix Zero 3 & Note 2 Testers Needed / Infinix zero discussion thread! / One Click Root For All Sony Xperia Devices (xperia Z,ZL,S,P,Z2,Z Tablet,z Ultra) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition by wolinty247(m): 4:31am On Oct 09, 2014
WELL.... SINCE ALL ONE CLICK ROOT METHODS DONT WORK PON THIS PHONE I DECIDED TO GO ALL OUT AND HERES THE RESULT... NO MUCH STORIES JZT HIT THA LINK BELOW ALL Y'ALL POSSIBLY NEED IS INSIDE THA ZIP... JZT MAKE SURE UVE GOH AN ARCHIVE SOFTWARE (7ZIP, WINRAR ANY).

**INSTRUCTIONS ARE INSIDE THE ZIP**

PS: LINK UPDATED
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxo5iyg3qhqkfvl/Infinix%20Zero%202Gb%20root%20kit.zip?dl=0

DUE TO NETWORK DROPS I HD AD TO USE DROPBOX ANYBODY WITH A GOOD NETWORK COULD UPLOAD TO ANOTHER SITE...

PS PS PS: HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE PART OF SELECTIN BOOT.IMG AND RECOVERY.IMG IN MTK DROID TOOLS, JUST RENAME THE BOIT AND INFINIXCWM.IMG TO Boot.img And recovery.img RESPECTIVELY... AND "W/O Q" IN THE TUT MEANS <WITHOUT QUOTS>

1 Like

Re: Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition by Sheggy13(m): 5:16am On Oct 09, 2014
wolinty247:
WELL.... SINCE ALL ONE CLICK ROOT METHODS DONT WORK PON THIS PHONE I DECIDED TO GO ALL OUT AND HERES THE RESULT... NO MUCH STORIES JZT HIT THA LINK BELOW ALL Y'ALL POSSIBLY NEED IS INSIDE THA ZIP... JZT MAKE SURE UVE GOH AN ARCHIVE SOFTWARE (7ZIP, WINRAR ANY).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dp3l2xlp099vobr/Infinix%20Zero%202Gb%20root%20kit.7z?dl=0

DUE TO NETWORK DROPS I HD AD TO USE DROPBOX ANYBODY WITH A GOOD NETWORK COULD UPLOAD TO ANOTHER SITE...
Does this work with a PC or just with d phone?

1 Like

Re: Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition by Sheggy13(m): 5:25am On Oct 09, 2014
this software u uploaded isn't extracting.. I'm tried all decompressing software like WINRAR, 7Zip,Android etc.. Thanks for the effort anyway
Re: Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition by wolinty247(m): 7:08am On Oct 09, 2014
seems it's a problem with the upload... re uploading.....
Re: Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition by McWelling: 2:29pm On Oct 10, 2014
I need help with rooting
Re: Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition by Abisofts(m): 2:30pm On Oct 11, 2014
Nice one.... Just a lil addition for Windows 8 users you need to allow installation of unsigned driver before the mediatek vcom driver will work. Follow this link http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-can-i-install-hardware-with-unsigned-drivers-in-windows-8/
Re: Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition by wolinty247(m): 11:46pm On Oct 12, 2014
for those having issues with the root procedure... Imma drop a NOOB PROOF tut to the rooting.. and if am well encouraged Ik might spare time to integrate the manual process in to a one click program... #Taal I see u.. thanks for helping help others..
Re: Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition by mrmesh: 4:02am On Oct 13, 2014
Installed everything but then when I Ope. D command line..it doesn't read ma device serial number...pls help
Re: Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition by mrmesh: 11:49pm On Oct 13, 2014
@wolinty 247 tnx bro...I finally was able to root d fone..with Ur aid...
Re: Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition by Don4life: 6:23pm On Nov 10, 2014
waiting forit
Re: Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition by mikelcool(m): 10:37pm On Nov 11, 2014
Thanks it works. But the tutorial will need a little polishing cos of people that have no experience using adb and fast boot
Re: Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition by aranthes: 12:45am On Nov 12, 2014
mikelcool:
Thanks it works. But the tutorial will need a little polishing cos of people that have no experience using adb and fast boot

I'd appreciate if you do that for guys like me. Thanks a lot
Re: Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition by mikelcool(m): 8:19am On Nov 12, 2014
aranthes:

I'd appreciate if you do that for guys like me. Thanks a lot
no problem Maby during the weekend
Re: Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition by Akamo5(m): 6:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
mikelcool:
guy pls help me with d step by step process of installing d vcom driver
Re: Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition by mikelcool(m): 8:55pm On Nov 12, 2014
Akamo5:
guy pls help me with d step by step process of installing d vcom driver
I did not use the driver I had Pda net installed before so I did not need a new driver
Re: Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition by Zillight: 7:17pm On Nov 18, 2014
...still waiting for the tutorial o!
Re: Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition by abubakr2014: 3:13pm On Dec 05, 2014
please i need a quick reply

i followed your tutorial < thanks for your effort and sharing your experience .

i know you said you aren't responsible for any damage
but i want your opinion in that problem .
i bout an infinix zero 16gb the last week from Egypt "iam Egyptian smiley " and i wanted to root it , i tried apps for one click root but non of them worked , so i decided to follow your tut , it did success in rooting my phone , but :

after i updated from sd card , and rebooted the phone , i opened the file manager and founded that the internal storage were full .
i couldn't take photos or screen shots , i opened the storage and memory entry from sittings i founded the same . "the actual size was just 4gb before rooting " .
i opened the apps entry from sittings , i founded its normal , just 4gb and about a free 9gb , i could install apps from Google play too ,
i thought if did a factory reset may the problem be solved , so i booted to recovery and did a hard reset/factory reset , but the problem is still there .
please if you know the soulution tell me here or email me at : abubakr.mohammed.2014@gmail.com

the phone i bought was already updated to the latest firmware from infinix : x506-j608-16gb-20141106
Re: Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition by xuantriqn: 10:14pm On Dec 08, 2014
Hi, I have exactly the same problem with you. Still I cant find the solution.
The problem is during rooting the phone we flashed wrong boot.img (unmatched image)
I'm trying to find the proper boot.img to replace. not found yet.

If you have any solution please share n help.
Thanks alot.

abubakr2014:
please i need a quick reply

i followed your tutorial < thanks for your effort and sharing your experience .

i know you said you aren't responsible for any damage
but i want your opinion in that problem .
i bout an infinix zero 16gb the last week from Egypt "iam Egyptian smiley " and i wanted to root it , i tried apps for one click root but non of them worked , so i decided to follow your tut , it did success in rooting my phone , but :

after i updated from sd card , and rebooted the phone , i opened the file manager and founded that the internal storage were full .
i couldn't take photos or screen shots , i opened the storage and memory entry from sittings i founded the same . "the actual size was just 4gb before rooting " .
i opened the apps entry from sittings , i founded its normal , just 4gb and about a free 9gb , i could install apps from Google play too ,
i thought if did a factory reset may the problem be solved , so i booted to recovery and did a hard reset/factory reset , but the problem is still there .
please if you know the soulution tell me here or email me at : abubakr.mohammed.2014@gmail.com

the phone i bought was already updated to the latest firmware from infinix : x506-j608-16gb-20141106
Re: Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition by awoleade: 8:36pm On Feb 14, 2015
I had the same problem. After rooting, the internal memory could not be read. However, I have managed to solve the problem.

1. I downloaded a rooted stock infinix x506 from from this address https://mega.co.nz/#!L9oC2TKD!1ssKKI_aH_mpkcKWyG_kxqf6oii2-EZucyKvVIQ6vl8.
2. Extracted boot.img from the stock rom
3. used adb and fastboot to flash the boot.img as per the instructions in the Tut.txt.
4. Reboot the system

I can now read the internal memory.
Re: Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition by OBAS3KI: 7:06pm On Feb 22, 2015
well in my own case my phones stuck in the infinix logo... phone does not boot anymore only enters the recovery mode and i don't have a user backup maybe that would help fix it i don;t kinda confused right now.. Infinix Zero 16gb it all happened after the fastboot flash boot boot.img command then i did the fastboot reboot but MTK doesnt even recongize or cant read it anymore saying error and now the phones just stuck in that boot view. Anyone with a user backup should please help out and post a link to download it from maybe that would work. Thanks
Re: Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition by Stanley08(m): 9:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
awoleade:
I had the same problem. After rooting, the internal memory could not be read. However, I have managed to solve the problem.

1. I downloaded a rooted stock infinix x506 from from this address https://mega.co.nz/#!L9oC2TKD!1ssKKI_aH_mpkcKWyG_kxqf6oii2-EZucyKvVIQ6vl8.
2. Extracted boot.img from the stock rom
3. used adb and fastboot to flash the boot.img as per the instructions in the Tut.txt.
4. Reboot the system

I can now read the internal memory.

Thanks mate! This was really helpful

(1) (Reply)

Request For Your Offline Nokia Firmware / Jumia Vs Konga / Glo 1k Is Now 1G Officially for Android and Non BlackBerry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.