Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,555 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) (11296 Views)

Saidat Sanni Is LAUTECH Best Student With 4.88 Cgp(pic / See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class / Student With Small-Stout While Reading For Exams (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) by Walexey(m): 6:16pm On Oct 09, 2014
benromeo39:
I find it funny when people say their grades went south because of relationships. It actually made mine higher. I loved the attention, and that was my trump card for getting it.
tot it was only me oh! My grades neva dropped cos of a relationship all u need is a strong mind to say no to somethings @ sometimes, and stand on ur decisions. I wrote my waec, jamb with a gf but still had a great result.
Re: Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) by golddeejay(m): 6:25pm On Oct 09, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

New School Physics.
MW anyakoha co -wrote the renowned textbook you know, Textbook of physics by PN Okeke
when did you write waec, Lol. if it has been that long, you might not know it anyway
Anyakoha textbook has bn arnd for long...used one in 2004. BTW, nice topic...the tin is neva put unnecesssary tinz(distractions) in ur head like datin, makin money...focus mainly on ur study, move wit brilliant frnds, read ahead of the class, study ursef n read wen u r at ur best(m an evnin reader)

1 Like

Re: Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:20pm On Oct 09, 2014
golddeejay:
Anyakoha textbook has bn arnd for long...used one in 2004. BTW, nice topic...the tin is neva put unnecesssary tinz(distractions) in ur head like datin, makin money...focus mainly on ur study, move wit brilliant frnds, read ahead of the class, study ursef n read wen u r at ur best(m an evnin reader)

yes I know.
but I didn't know the age of the guy I quoted.
he might have used pn okeke
Re: Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) by Bootybuttchic(f): 8:01pm On Oct 09, 2014
isnt there any accounting student in here.....whats the best textbook for the course?
Re: Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) by Adatob(m): 8:54pm On Oct 09, 2014
mesoade:
Very true,personal experience.

Through my JSS1-SS1 i was very good ,but when i started my SS2,i had a gf and my grades started dropping,her being my first love,i'll b thinking all day abt her nd stuffs like dat,i knew my grades were dropping bt i thought i really had nothing to do wit our relationship.
The whole thing was frustrating at first,I dat usually scores 90-70% nw started having scores as low as 40%,those that i'm defeating in class nd had respect 4 me started having little or no respect 4 me.
I thought i'l change thats it just a matter of tym,little did i knw that d greatest deceit is deceiving oneself,to cut d story shorter,i became used to d scores nd wasn't downcasted as i quondamly was.

We broke up,3rd term SS2. . lo and behold! My grades started rising i restored d mathematics geek that i was once was and the respect i once had.

My SS3 Was so fyn as i had had my waec in SS2(surprised?) nd was prep. 4 jamb . . I represented d skul in diff. Competitions,i wrote d NNPC(4th in d state) d olympiads(1st in d state) i wrote d cowbells(was sick,didn't evn bother checkin my position).

So what i'm i driving at?

I don't know for you,but for me and the experience i'd shared above,dating in sec.skul is not healthy atleast not for a geek!
wu ask u stories??

1 Like

Re: Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) by naturalwaves: 9:19pm On Oct 09, 2014
New school physics is sometimes ambiguous and contradictory in explanations

Essential Physics by Farinde is straight to the point and sufficient to get a student at least a B3 in physics

The best thing that has happened to physics is a text book known as " THE SCIENCE PHYSICS " by Afolabi J.R. Any regular ohysics textbook can be combined with it.

The best textbook for further mathematics is still "Further mathematics project 1,2,3". However, I will recommend this two texts again "BASIC FURTHERMATHEMATICS AND SOLVED QUESTIONS" by Afolabi J.R and " INTEGRATED MATHEMATICS" by Afolabi J.R. If you use these textbooks particularly the ones authored by Afolabi J.R and you score less than a B2 in furthermaths O level and less than a 70% in mathematics UME, you need to be flogged.

In our time, the best tutorial centre in Lagos was "Adams Tutors" Oshodi. We had otheers like Davser tutors ( Akinrinmade's lesson). Akinrinmade is arguably one of the best Biology teachers in Lagos state. He is now a VP in one of the Lagos state model schools. We had Expert tutors too and so on.
Re: Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) by nwaobitex: 9:28pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ok o
Re: Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) by sekzy99(m): 6:25am On Oct 10, 2014
Donfamous:
Do not be obsessed, if ♏̥γ̲̣̣̥ illustrations will be based only on secondary school experiences, because that's the only institutional experience I have for now.
This thread is purposely for those who are brilliant before but feels something is wrong somewhere now, or those who are facing difficulties in place of studies.
So ♏̥γ̲̣̣̥ points will be analysed on double basis.
Teachers/lecturers I purposely had to put this as first, many students find it difficult to understand their lecturers because s/he(lecturers) haven't find a style or pattern to teach, some lecturers are sadist which makes their class dull aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ uninteresting, while some aren't even qualified for the job.
I remember when we went for gce, when we came back, peeps were just complaining, because only 40-50% of all what we were taught came out, where as some questions were totally strange,
Most teachers have been teaching for so many years but haven't developed an good pattern, had a physices teacher whom I can boast knows the whole physics text book off hand, ranging from the scheme of work to the last page, but alas! We don't enjoy his class, he might forget what he want to say, aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ he won't want to check the text books, so he might spend 30 min teaching a topic of 10 min, aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ when exam comes 90 % of the class will fail, physics isn't just a subject u can pick aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ start copying note, but how notes aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ lectures aren't complete,
Where as we have a geography teacher who teaches with passion, his style is he that he gives test but doesn't mark it, he comes to class unexpectedly, aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ gives u test, aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ you dare not get below average, his reason is that, during d general test we are prone to cheat, so this time around he's going to invigilate, aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ immediately he is through, he flogs those who fail, aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ records the score instantly, so we are always prepared for his class Ŋø̲̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥ wonder every one of us passed his subject in waec, aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ his teaching is always accurate aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ straight to the point, aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ the ways he coordinates map reading class is d best.

Wow wow wow!!! Do you attend towergate school
Re: Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) by Youngsage: 7:10am On Oct 10, 2014
nice one donfamous! But nxt time try to do away with the blakberry fonts biko
Re: Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) by Donfamous(m): 7:16am On Oct 10, 2014
Youngsage:
nice one donfamous! But nxt time try to do away with the blakberry fonts biko
»̶̥·̵̭̌✽̤̥̈̊Ơ̴̴͡k̶̲̅ǎ̜̍Ɣ̤̥̈̊·̵̭̌»̶̥-̶̯͡┈̥⌣, thnx for d advice, will try ♏̥γ̲̣̣̥ best next time
Re: Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) by Donfamous(m): 7:17am On Oct 10, 2014
sekzy99:

Wow wow wow!!! Do you attend towergate school
Ŋø̲̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥ o, was that also applicable to d school?
Re: Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) by Bsmartt(m): 9:35am On Oct 10, 2014
@ OP I'm very proud of you! I know you will only get few likes because people don't really value such a wonderful wake-up call especially for our secondary /high school students. I Hope the moderators place it on Front page. This article is not only for the students but also for parents, guardian as well as teachers. let's tackle the frequent massive examination failure in the O' level examination. Thanks
Re: Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) by sekzy99(m): 4:22am On Oct 11, 2014
Donfamous:
Ŋø̲̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥ o, was that also applicable to d school?

Capital YES
Re: Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) by DEGREE2466(m): 7:51am On Oct 11, 2014
Donfamous:
7. Over dependence on calculator 2+2= ? Even though you know it, you must still confirm from using your calculator, the best calculators ranges from casio 991ms to casio 991 -es, to casio 991-es +. These calculator can solve so many problems, like matrix, binary, denary, permutations etc, so we feel Ŋø̲̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥ need to understand those topics deep as long as u can punch your 2thousand naira calculator, forgetting that a day is coming where you won't be able to make you of them, by then u'll be totally confused, aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ you will feel that part of your body is missing lolz. Let's learn to minimise the use of things like this.

using tactics aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ codes remember then whenn we were asked to know the whole botanical names of grasses aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ legumes off hand, I was perplexed then but went to meet a class mate of ♏ine who later told MƐƐ that she knows her own by using it to compose a song, which I later did, I used code to know the trend of ionization energy, atomice radius etc in chemistry, used sentence in biology, to know the passage of air, (Ŋø̲̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥ person lacks voice teach better aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ best always) which mean, nose-pharynx-larynx-voice box- trachea-bronchus-bronchioles- alveoli,
Used the song (there shall be showers of blessing to know the first twenty elemen) hydrogen, helium, lithium, (follow d trend aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ u'll get it, for example when it gets to d place u'll shout showers of blessing( aluminium) u know its long lolz, so just be creative, aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ the bible says if anyone on you lacks wisdom let him ask.(d best advice so far) cos Gods wisdom is witout shadow of turning. God bless,

Correction, addition, subtraction, are all welcome

boy, must you use those childish symbols ?

Well, guess you are an O'level holder but next time try to grow up.
Re: Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) by DEGREE2466(m): 7:55am On Oct 11, 2014
Bsmartt:
@ OP I'm very proud of you! I know you will only get few likes because people don't really value such a wonderful wake-up call especially for our secondary /high school students. I Hope the moderators place it on Front page. This article is not only for the students but also for parents, guardian as well as teachers. let's tackle the frequent massive examination failure in the O' level examination. Thanks

place what on frontpage? With all those rubbish childish symbols? If i hear!!!

With regards to overdependence on calculator, you can't be too sure.

Sometimes you may want to multiply 3 by 3 and what will come to your mind is 6 instead of 9. So to be safe, you need to confirm with your calculator.
Re: Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) by meelorlah(f): 10:35am On Oct 11, 2014
naturalwaves:
New school physics is sometimes ambiguous and contradictory in explanations

Essential Physics by Farinde is straight to the point and sufficient to get a student at least a B3 in physics

The best thing that has happened to physics is a text book known as " THE SCIENCE PHYSICS " by Afolabi J.R. Any regular ohysics textbook can be combined with it.

The best textbook for further mathematics is still "Further mathematics project 1,2,3". However, I will recommend this two texts again "BASIC FURTHERMATHEMATICS AND SOLVED QUESTIONS" by Afolabi J.R and " INTEGRATED MATHEMATICS" by Afolabi J.R. If you use these textbooks particularly the ones authored by Afolabi J.R and you score less than a B2 in furthermaths O level and less than a 70% in mathematics UME, you need to be flogged.

In our time, the best tutorial centre in Lagos was "Adams Tutors" Oshodi. We had otheers like Davser tutors ( Akinrinmade's lesson). Akinrinmade is arguably one of the best Biology teachers in Lagos state. He is now a VP in one of the Lagos state model schools. We had Expert tutors too and so on.
Integrated mathematics was so dear to me,God bless d guy that authored it.Invincible teacher by Ashade did d magic for me in JAMB's Use of English.

1 Like

Re: Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) by naturalwaves: 12:13pm On Oct 11, 2014
meelorlah:
Integrated mathematics was so dear to me,God bless d guy that authored it.Invincible teacher by Ashade did d magic for me in JAMB's Use of English.
Exactly dear, that guy; Afolabi J.R is something else.
Re: Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) by kristein(m): 1:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
Donfamous:
thnx, focus is all we need, thnx for sharing your experience
ur welcom..keep d post rollin
Re: Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) by Donfamous(m): 5:29am On Oct 20, 2014
DEGREE2466:

place what on frontpage? With all those rubbish childish symbols? If i hear!!!

With regards to overdependence on calculator, you can't be too sure.

Sometimes you may want to multiply 3 by 3 and what will come to your mind is 6 instead of 9. So to be safe, you need to confirm with your calculator.
thy are u so pained? If u AV nothing meaningful to contribute, than lamenting on d font abeg swerve
Re: Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) by DEGREE2466(m): 7:00am On Oct 20, 2014
Donfamous:
thy are u so pained? If u AV nothing meaningful to contribute, than lamenting on d font abeg swerve

shut up kid
Re: Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) by Donfamous(m): 10:08am On Oct 20, 2014
DEGREE2466:

shut up kid
everyone was once a kid, even Ɣ☺ΰ̊ baba 70
Re: Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) by MisterRight(m): 11:41am On Nov 20, 2014
Front page pls mods, oga Seun this is very educative
Re: Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) by Donfamous(m): 11:18pm On Feb 13, 2016
lalasticlala! lalasticlala!! lalasticlala oooo!!!
jambites and ssce students really need this write, pls frontpage it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dictionary Meaning Of Based On Logistics / What Are The Next Three Numbers In This Sequence? / Is There Any Professor In English Language Apart From Wole Soyinka In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.