Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

2nd Year Remembrance:aluu4 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 2nd Year Remembrance:aluu4 (375 Views)

Ugonna's(aluu4) Mum Passed Away???? / Nigerian South African Music Producer-cj Remmy Speaks On Llyod's(aluu4) Murder. / Aluu4 (uniport Murder) Here Is What MI Abaga Has To Say: "the HOPE is the worst" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2nd Year Remembrance:aluu4 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 09, 2014
How much we can forget things. The pictures,their screams,the burns,followed us around and haunted us for a week. We spit out RIPs. But after then,we forgot completely the barbarity that was exhibited on four young men,in a small village community,Aluu in the early days of October 2012.

I did forget and you did too,that this day marks 2 years from their undeserved deaths. Their families,their friends, will never forget. They will ever remain etched in their pain-stricken hearts.

For the first time today,I overpowered the human part of me and summoned courage to really watch the video. How wicked! I immediately decided to do a Google check on the arrested suspects. Paying special attention to the dates,the latest news I got was for November 2012. It showed how fast the journalist community forgot the news.

That was the lesser blow,and the bigger blow was the headline which read "7 of arrested Aluu suspects freed from police custody". And the rest probably were frees too.(They'd announce if they were sentenced or something.) Justice hasn't yet been done.

For those who believe in life after death,equations will be balanced someday,in a thousand years maybe. But for those who believe not in that,like those heartless perpetrators,they go forever unpunished.

We forgot,the press forgot and justice was never done,but there is a number of people,who will never forget ALUU2012,who will never forget those guys. The few that were affected,that were sincerely touched. This piece is to pay some respect to them.

2 years after the demonic ugly lynching,that attracted a hypocritical public criticism,a thousand and one other lynchings have happened,mostly to alleged robbers and kidnappers,some who really are innocent.

For Aluu4,even if any action won't be taken,never support another lynching. Not another jungle justice. From the petty thief to the armed robber,it is the Police responsibility.

Sobur Lekan Adedokun-a loyal Nairalander

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PDP Cancels Endorsementof Candidates- Officials / Why Has Everybody Gone Mute On The Chibok Girls. / Clearing & Forwarding Agent Both Containers, Roro Whit General Cargo 08073935324

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.