Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,275 members, 7,954,088 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:08 PM

How Linda Ikeji Did Herself In - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Linda Ikeji Did Herself In (813 Views)

REVEALED: How Linda Ikeji Made Her Billions !!! / See How Linda Ikeji's Laps Look Like (PHOTOS) / Exposed !how Linda Ikeji STOLE My FUTURE In-law, Wrecked My Cousin's Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Linda Ikeji Did Herself In by Afam4eva(m): 6:00pm On Oct 09, 2014
I'm really angry at the fact that Nigeria's largest and most popular blog has been taken off like it were any other blog. I think this is an insult and Linda Ikeji has only herself to blame for it. I don't know the exact blog post in contention here or if it's more than one but a blog as big as Linda Ikeji's should have taken plagiarism very seriously. It's simple, if you're going to plagiarise, yu should atleast give create to the orinigal owner of the content. Even if you are going to paraphrase, you still need to give credit to whom it's due. I agree with Linda Ikeji who said that her blog was witch-hunted but even if it was, she left some loopholes which those guys used to take her down. She's not the only plagiarist on the internet. Infact over 90% of Nigerian bloggers plagiarism their content without recourse to the ethical convention.

Now, the most annoying thing is not even the plagiarism but the fact that one of the top 5 most visited sites in Nigeria still uses a free blogging platform thereby being at the mercy of Google. I read a post on her blog some months back when she gave a very ridiculous excuse as why she has remained with blogger and i shook my head with utmost pity because i knew her comment was going to hunt and wala, it has happened. She was busy thinking like the average Nigerian and African business man who thinks of the now rather than the future. She was makiing a lot of money that she didn't not think of the implication of hosting such a behemoth website with Google. Her story should serve as a learning curve for other blogger, website owners and business people. Don't relax when you;re at the top. Look farther than your nose.

3 Likes

Re: How Linda Ikeji Did Herself In by klodike(m): 6:24pm On Oct 09, 2014
Okay sir i would learn from that.

(1) (Reply)

Inside George Clooney And Alam Alamuddin's Mansion! / * / Reese Witherspoon's Daughter Uncomfortable With Her Mother's Nude Scenes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.