Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,623 members, 7,816,567 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Sleeping With Your Phone On At Night Leads To Obesity - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleeping With Your Phone On At Night Leads To Obesity (804 Views)

Abortion Leads To Breast Cancer, FACH Warns / 20 Diseases Related To Obesity (being Overweight) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sleeping With Your Phone On At Night Leads To Obesity by ahmed486: 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
A new scientific study has shown that sleeping with your phone on can result in obesity.
Scientists in Spain have found that the artificial light emitted from the screens of phones, tablets, televisions and laptops inhibits the production of a hormone that combats obesity.

Source: http://.com.ng/index.php/health-news2/item/390-sleeping-with-your-phone-on-at-night-leads-to-obesity-research
Re: Sleeping With Your Phone On At Night Leads To Obesity by inosend: 11:43pm On Oct 09, 2014
*In Tupac's voice* Why does everyone and everything have all their eyes on me?
Re: Sleeping With Your Phone On At Night Leads To Obesity by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 1:30pm On Oct 11, 2014
It is not only "obesity" you could have said "obesere". RUBBISH

1 Like

Re: Sleeping With Your Phone On At Night Leads To Obesity by ahmed486: 5:36pm On Oct 11, 2014
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

Ignorance kills
Re: Sleeping With Your Phone On At Night Leads To Obesity by kemiola89(f): 10:04am On Oct 12, 2014
How about electricity (bulb light)? You know some of us can't sleep in the dark.
Re: Sleeping With Your Phone On At Night Leads To Obesity by ProFuhrer: 10:50am On Oct 12, 2014
The article stated that it's no big deal since the likelihood is very low cos the effects occur when you're asleep.

Nobody leaves their phone or monitor screen on while sleeping. They go on sleep mode after some time.
Re: Sleeping With Your Phone On At Night Leads To Obesity by Chigold101(m): 11:42am On Oct 12, 2014
this na lie joor. .since 2002 I dey sleep with phone but I still slim oooo
Re: Sleeping With Your Phone On At Night Leads To Obesity by ahmed486: 7:21am On Oct 13, 2014
kemiola89:
How about electricity (bulb light)? You know some of us can't sleep in the dark.

Sleeping with old type of bulbs expercially really bright ones for long time will expose your body to radiation use energy saving bulbs.
Re: Sleeping With Your Phone On At Night Leads To Obesity by djeezy(m): 9:03am On Oct 13, 2014
Why am I not obsessed yet? undecided
Re: Sleeping With Your Phone On At Night Leads To Obesity by aPr: 1:53pm On Oct 13, 2014
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

the dangers are far more than you think.
https://www.nairaland.com/1929457/health-risks-mobile-phone-radiation
Re: Sleeping With Your Phone On At Night Leads To Obesity by ahmed486: 6:16pm On Oct 13, 2014
djeezy:
Why am I not obsessed yet? undecided

Wait for obesity
Re: Sleeping With Your Phone On At Night Leads To Obesity by Nobody: 3:20am On Oct 14, 2014
I've been doing this for years and nothing like that has happened, thanks all the same for the information.
Re: Sleeping With Your Phone On At Night Leads To Obesity by healthystuff(f): 4:46am On Oct 14, 2014
Really? I sleep with my phone always at my side. grin But no sign of obesity. It could contribute maybe but it always depends on how and what we eat. They say we are what we eat.

(1) (Reply)

Having Issues With Breastfeeding / Doctor In The House:difficulty In Emptying The Bowel / Medical Doctors Jittery As Johesuite May Emerge NLC President, Vice President |

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.