Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) (4851 Views)

2015 Cadillac Escalade Unveiled / Honda Accord Coolant Temperature Sensor (CTS) Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 09, 2014
Which is more luxurious between ‪‎Hyundai‬ Genesis and ‪Cadillac‬ CTS?

Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 10, 2014
NissaN micra the models CityNG saw in a ditch during rainfall in ibadan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by sultaan(m): 12:42am On Oct 10, 2014
Having driven the CTS I will take the CTS although the Genesis is a better deal for the money.
Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by Fulaman198(m): 1:26am On Oct 10, 2014
The Genesis is more premium and can take on the like of the BMW 5-series and Lexus GS, and the Mercedes E-Class.
Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by sultaan(m): 11:48am On Oct 10, 2014
Fulaman198:
The Genesis is more premium and can take on the like of the BMW 5-series and Lexus GS, and the Mercedes E-Class.

Double check

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKjZfSH0uVA
Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by oseo1(m): 10:16pm On Oct 11, 2014
Fulaman198:

The base genesis may be better equipped than the base CTS however Cadillac is a luxury brand and hyundai is a long long way from getting there. The resale value of a car is an easy way to know how the car is perceived and the hyundai has no where near the resale value of the caddy.

The caddy is wayyyy more durable and the interior is a mile ahead. The leather is softer, all the panels in the caddy are leather wrapped as well so they feel better and more expensive.
Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by Fulaman198(m): 10:43pm On Oct 11, 2014
oseo1:

The base genesis may be better equipped than the base CTS however Cadillac is a luxury brand and hyundai is a long long way from getting there. The resale value of a car is an easy way to know how the car is perceived and the hyundai has no where near the resale value of the caddy.

The caddy is wayyyy more durable and the interior is a mile ahead. The leather is softer, all the panels in the caddy are leather wrapped as well so they feel better and more expensive.

I don't agree, on many American reviews, the Hyundai Genesis has been compared (and rightfully) so to a BMW 5 series, Lexus GS, Audi A6/S6 and Mercedes E-class. The R spec or R Type Genesis is even better. Cadillac is a dying brand and has failed to impress for about a decade. At one point their Cadillac Escalade was selling well, however as of late, Cadillac has really failed to impress.
Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by Fulaman198(m): 10:47pm On Oct 11, 2014
"The Genesis sedan's niche is currently ruled by the BMW 5-series, Lexus GS, Cadillac CTS and Mercedes-Benz E-class. The new car has just about everything those competitors offer, including a thorough connectivity package, thumpin' good sound system, a suite of safety and convenience features that'll keep the car between the lines and away from fixed objects, luxo-interior, swoopy exterior, and a choice of adequately powerful powertrains. All for, as they say, thousands less!" -- AutoWeek
Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by Fulaman198(m): 10:47pm On Oct 11, 2014
Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by Fulaman198(m): 10:49pm On Oct 11, 2014
Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by sultaan(m): 3:25am On Oct 12, 2014
Fulaman198:
"The Genesis sedan's niche is currently ruled by the BMW 5-series, Lexus GS, Cadillac CTS and Mercedes-Benz E-class. The new car has just about everything those competitors offer, including a thorough connectivity package, thumpin' good sound system, a suite of safety and convenience features that'll keep the car between the lines and away from fixed objects, luxo-interior, swoopy exterior, and a choice of adequately powerful powertrains. All for, as they say, thousands less!" -- AutoWeek

You mean this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9faBE_ceJY
Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by oseo1(m): 2:09pm On Oct 12, 2014
The Cadillac is the better car and will appeal to the regular luxury car buyer more, while the hyundai will appeal to the young guy who wants a luxury car hut can't afford the price tag of a traditional luxury car.
Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by Fulaman198(m): 3:45pm On Oct 12, 2014
oseo1:

No offence, nothing made by GM is durable. That includes Cadillac. South Koreans build much more reliable products than Americans. GMs are under lots of recalls right now. Their cars have been killing people badly.
Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by oseo1(m): 6:27pm On Oct 12, 2014
What world do you live in? Why do you think hyundai and KIA are both so cheap and have no resale value? Do your research sir.
Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by Fulaman198(m): 7:29pm On Oct 12, 2014
oseo1:
What world do you live in? Why do you think hyundai and KIA are both so cheap and have no resale value? Do your research sir.

The question is what world do you live in?

Hyundai and Kia are not cheap cars anymore. American cars are complete garbage, even Americans know this (except for the rednecks and hillbillies who are complete jingoists.) Japanese cars may not even be dominating the scene for much longer because the South Koreans are on a daily basis constantly improving and becoming the best. No one can discredit the South Koreans in their sudden surge in technology. They dominate the smartphone market and will soon dominate the car segment.

A brand new Kia/Hyundai costs just as much as a brand new Toyota/Honda. Far from being cheap. As a matter of fact, in some segments, Kia/Hyundai are outperforming Toyota. in the American article, Consumer Reports, the Kia Forte and the Hyundai Elantra received higher marks than the Corolla and topped their respective small car (econo car) segment save Subaru.

No one can deny that the South Koreans have come a long way. Let's stop discrediting them. This K900 is a beast of it's own and can hold its own against the S-Class, Lexus LS, BMW 7 series and Audi A8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjOuMOSYe9E
Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by abatically(m): 7:50pm On Oct 12, 2014
oseo1:

Not anymore bro... Maybe in the past. U must be way behind time. Lets do a little comparison with mid size sedans.

2014 Hyundai sonata: msrp $21,500- $28,550
2014 toyota Camry: msrp $22,400 - $30,700
2014 Volkswagen passat: msrp $22,000 - $34,000
2014 Honda accord: msrp $$22,000 - $33,500.

You can see the prices are pretty close for cars in the same class. Also resale value of hyundai are pretty decent, go check used hyundai cars and see the % depreciation is not bad. The only cars that have better resale value are toyota and Honda and that is because they have a good history of reliability. Hyundai have stepped up in recent years and sooner or later they will be on the same level.

Similarly if u compare compact crossover cuv

2014 hyundai Tucson/ix35: msrp $21,500 - $28,900
2014 toyota rav 4: msrp $23,500 - $29,700
2014 honda crv : msrp $23,000 - $29,000
2014 ford escape: msrp $23,000 - $30,800
2014 mazda cx-5 msrp: $21,400 - $29,000

Again these are cars in the same class and prices are similar. So I wonder what makes u think hyundai cars are cheap.

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by Fulaman198(m): 7:57pm On Oct 12, 2014
abatically:

Not anymore bro... Maybe in the past. U must be way behind time. Lets do a little comparison with mid size sedans.

2014 Hyundai sonata: msrp $21,500- $28,550
2014 toyota Camry: msrp $22,400 - $30,700
2014 Volkswagen passat: msrp $22,000 - $34,000
2014 Honda accord: msrp $$22,000 - $33,500.

You can see the prices are pretty close for cars in the same class. Also resale value of hyundai are pretty decent, go check used hyundai cars and see the % depreciation is not bad. The only cars that have better resale value are toyota and Honda and that is because they have a good history of reliability. Hyundai have stepped up in recent years and sooner or later they will be on the same level.

Similarly if u compare compact crossover cuv

2014 hyundai Tucson/ix35: msrp $21,500 - $28,900
2014 toyota rav 4: msrp $23,500 - $29,700
2014 honda crv : msrp $23,000 - $29,000
2014 ford escape: msrp $23,000 - $30,800
2014 mazda cx-5 msrp: $21,400 - $29,000

Again these are cars in the same class and prices are similar. So I wonder what makes I think hyundai cars are cheap.

Sonata is actually more expensive than the Camry when both are fully loaded. Fully loaded Hyundai Sonata Sport is about $34,500 whilst a fully loaded Camry XSE is about $34,100

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by abatically(m): 8:07pm On Oct 12, 2014
Fulaman198:

Sonata is actually more expensive than the Camry when both are fully loaded. Fully loaded Hyundai Sonata Sport is about $34,500 whilst a fully loaded Camry XSE is about $34,100

Oh oh. Its very funny how some people will compare a hyndai accent to a toyota Camry and then say hyundais are cheap.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by Fulaman198(m): 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2014
abatically:

Oh oh. Its very funny how some people will compare a hyndai accent to a toyota Camry and then say hyundais are cheap.

Yah lol the Accent is compared to the Toyota Yaris. Hyundai and Kia are actually more expensive than Toyota these days, but the South Koreans build nice cars though.
Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by sultaan(m): 8:57pm On Oct 12, 2014
Fulaman198 does have good point once in a while but most can be discredited because he cannot say that he has a personal experience in cars he is
condemning.

My first daily driver was a 87 Accord LX, since I had nothing to compare to it was good, then I got a 96 Camry it had no feel, the Accord had better feel.
then a 96 Galant which was the best of the lot used it for 6 years then bought 2 Grand Cherokee now a Ford.

Although the American cars were V6 & V8 they had better feel and parts were a lot cheaper for me to do my own maintenance.

I know I can't compare those old Japmobiles to the current breed the ease of maintenance is the main plus for American cars imho.

I'll rather pay $56 for O2 sensor than $250 or $150 for a cat than $400.

No one ever thought there will be a day Hyundai will be compared to a Cadillac but welcome to the future.

The problem with Cadillac,Merz, and BMW is the cost of the cars are nothing within the budget of a 30-40 with babies, a 50s with kid in college so mostly the retired 60s could afford their cars and that is when you have big account $45k-$70k on a car is ca major purchase not worth the depreciation.but now they have to start making cars 30-40s can afford and that will be in the $34-$40k range which is where you will find the Genesis, 3-Series, C-class, ATS, and ES and Genesis offers the best value in that price range.
Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by Fulaman198(m): 9:05pm On Oct 12, 2014
sultaan:
Fulaman198 does have good point once in a while but most can be discredited because he cannot say that he has a personal experience in cars he is
condemning.

My first daily driver was a 87 Accord LX, since I had nothing to compare to it was good, then I got a 96 Camry it had no feel, the Accord had better feel.
then a 96 Galant which was the best of the lot used it for 6 years then bought 2 Grand Cherokee now a Ford.

Although the American cars were V6 & V8 they had better feel and parts were a lot cheaper for me to do my own maintenance.

I know I can't compare those old Japmobiles to the current breed the ease of maintenance is the main plus for American cars imho.

I'll rather pay $56 for O2 sensor than $250 or $150 for a cat than $400.

No one ever thought there will be a day Hyundai will be compared to a Cadillac but welcome to the future.

The problem with Cadillac,Merz, and BMW is the cost of the cars are nothing within the budget of a 30-40 with babies, a 50s with kid in college so mostly the retired 60s could afford their cars and that is when you have big account $45k-$70k on a car is ca major purchase not worth the depreciation.but now they have to start making cars 30-40s can afford and that will be in the $34-$40k range which is where you will find the Genesis, 3-Series, C-class, ATS, and ES and Genesis offers the best value in that price range.

I have driven American cars and they are worthless garbage, 1 European car and a ton of Japanese cars. A lot of what I say is based on personal experience and a lot of it is also based on Consumer Reports (one of the only fair reviewing companies that are not biased or being paid by major corporations).
Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by sultaan(m): 9:16pm On Oct 12, 2014
Fulaman198:

I have driven American cars and they are worthless garbage, 1 European car and a ton of Japanese cars. A lot of what I say is based on personal experience and a lot of it is also based on Consumer Reports (one of the only fair reviewing companies that are not biased or being paid by major corporations).

May I ask which American car so I may know your yard stick and what was it you felt was wrong with it?
Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by Fulaman198(m): 12:16am On Oct 13, 2014
sultaan:

May I ask which American car so I may know your yard stick and what was it you felt was wrong with it?

When i studied in America I owned 2 American cars, one was a 1989 Ford Taurus, the other was a 1993 Pontiac Grand Am. Keep in mind that Pontiac is no longer around too. Both had mass issues. My Taurus leaked out power steering fluid and so many things rusted out ROFLLLL. The car had very low mileage too. American cars are garbage.
Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by sultaan(m): 1:12am On Oct 13, 2014
Then your opinion is right from your experience.
Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by oseo1(m): 2:13am On Oct 13, 2014
Fulaman198:

When i studied in America I owned 2 American cars, one was a 1989 Ford Taurus, the other was a 1993 Pontiac Grand Am. Keep in mind that Pontiac is no longer around too. Both had mass issues. My Taurus leaked out power steering fluid and so many things rusted out ROFLLLL. The car had very low mileage too. American cars are garbage.

It's quite unfair to judge all American cars base on your experience with 2 (probably used forgive me if I'm wrong) cars. I have owned 4 American cars, a 96 chrysler lhs a 97 dodge intrepid, a 2002 intrepid and a 2005 impala. None of which gave me any problems, I got the 97 intrepid with 80k miles on it and drove it till it had 170k on the odometer. I did not have ANY issues with the car except the heater switch broke and so it was stuck on full blast, other than that it was just routine maintenance. The only car I will admit wasn't great was the 2001 intrepid, it had an aluminium block and when I got it the head gasket was blown. I thought it was something I could fix but turns out the 2.7 engine was a lemon so I just ended up selling it.

I have also owned a Mercedes e320, and a Honda element. The most reliable of all the cars I have owned if probably the 97 intrepid.

In 2011 my brother got a hyundai accent as an official car, brand new off the lot, in the time since then the car has had more issues than I've had with any of my cars. Within the first 6 months the shocks went out, the rotors were done too. Even the cabin air filter didn't last up to 6 months. The car has had issue after issue, it was so bad that they considered going back to his old Chevy official car. While I agree this is probably not typical I have heard more complaints from hyundai and KIA owners than from owners of any other brand that was bought brand new.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by oseo1(m): 3:00am On Oct 13, 2014
Oh and by the way the CTS is rated as the second best midsize luxury car by caranddriver, in first was the audi a6. The Genesis came is 8th. I will give hyundai credit they have really improved the Genesis line.

I doubt that you will find any ranking of mid size luxury cars where you will see the genesis ranked above the CTS. Feel free to prove me wrong.
Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by phazotron(m): 6:31pm On Nov 21, 2014
right now gm is giving other car makers a run for their money. it was in the past that their cars were crap. go and look at the new ats cts and the escalade. those cars are in the top three if not at the top of their respective segments. go and read the reviews. the cts-v has severally won the bmw m5 in several comparison tests gm sells the highest number of full size suvs in the us under the Cadillac Chevrolet and gmc brands. go and check out the Corvette c7 stingray. gm is on top of their game right now. before you start trashing gm and American cars in general here, first read reviews about their cars.
Re: Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 21, 2014
lomomike:
NissaN micra the models CityNG saw in a ditch during rainfall in ibadan.
you should have told him Toyota Starlet.

(1) (Reply)

My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. / 2013 Honda Accord With 178,864miles! / Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.