Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,052 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle (4931 Views)

See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts / Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos / A Look at Sam's Bug-Eyed Three-Wheeled, Two-Person Electric Vehicle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by autojosh: 4:03pm On Apr 24, 2017
Volvo is known for its strength and ruggedness ,they are about to take it a step further .

At the recently held Shanghai Auto Show,they made it known that they would be building an electric car soon and it would be made available in 2019.

They haven’t given any info on what it would be called yet,but its going to be based on Volvo’s Compact Modular Architecture (CMA).

They plan on concentrating production in China ,which would also be made available around the world .The plan is to help China with its current struggle with pollution by producing more electric cars and hybrids.

Volvo also made it known that they would be creating hybrid plug-in versions for their existing models .They also have a target and aim of selling 1 million electrified cars by 2025.

While the crave for electric and hybrid cars is becoming insatiable,more brands and auto companies are showing interest and working tirelessly to up their game .

Do you think Volvo can give the likes of Tesla and other brands a run for their money when it comes to electric and hybrid vehicles .

Would you want to drive an electric car from Volvo ? .

Kindly share your thoughts below .

By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/volvo-makes-plans-electric-vehicle/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by obafemee80(m): 4:32pm On Apr 24, 2017
Interesting...
Automakers are now investing in electric cars...
Innosons,oya over to you.l want to see a model of Innoson Electric car by 2020 grin

2 Likes

Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by Goahead(m): 8:05pm On Apr 24, 2017
There's this feelings I always have whenever I see Volvo heavy duty trucks. Those trucks are damn adorable, the power and ruggedness is second to none.
Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by Hades2016(m): 6:57am On Apr 25, 2017
Nice ....
Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by nony43(m): 6:57am On Apr 25, 2017
I love Volvo cars, but my problem with them is their interior not sexy at all
Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by younghartz(m): 6:58am On Apr 25, 2017
Nigeria 2087
Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by MrcuteOscar: 6:58am On Apr 25, 2017
Volvo.
Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by 9jayes: 6:59am On Apr 25, 2017
nony43:
V.
Volvo
Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by NokiaN8(m): 6:59am On Apr 25, 2017
VOLVO.... it the car for Nigeria... I love the safety features...

1 Like

Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by Praizvictor(m): 7:01am On Apr 25, 2017
Rich People Make More Money Because they have multiple streams of income..
How Many Streams Of Income do you have and How Many are You willing to have?

Join Our Online Business Seminar on Making Money from the Web with proofs and all necessary guidelines..

*No Calls, WhatsApp Only*
Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by godunia(m): 7:02am On Apr 25, 2017
Good luck to them. Nigeria Polithiefcian who will be interested. They have killed everything that has alternatives in the system. Eg, electricity with solar system, road with flight and now with this, they will abandon fuel the only commodity we share in common. God is watching us all.
Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by bsideboii(m): 7:04am On Apr 25, 2017
How will the future hold for budding auto- diagnostic and repair guys and mechanics alike with these electric/hybrid cars around ? How do we key into this trend?

1 Like

Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by redcliff: 7:04am On Apr 25, 2017
obafemee80:
Interesting...
Innosons,oya over to you.l want to see a model of Innoson Electric car by 2020 grin

Una never buy the one wey them get fr market finish.. you dey ask am to up him game like say you go still buy that one too... mschew
Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 25, 2017
grin
Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by Laird(m): 7:31am On Apr 25, 2017
Crude oil is going extinct

If that happens; Corrupt Nigerian politicians will.have to depend on increasing over bearing taxies and levies on over burdened citizens resulting in more business closures, more people taking their money out of the Country and Nigeria becoming worse as a failed state.
Infrastructure decay, lack of justice and lack of Security of Life and property , misappropriation and misutilization of public funds, Individual and collective greed, selfishness and corruption will be the Final stroke that might kill.Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by 2shure: 7:31am On Apr 25, 2017
Volvo na dead abegi
Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by Raziii(m): 7:33am On Apr 25, 2017
Meanwhile somewhere in Africa, a country's tech minister was seen not too long ago riding in a wooden car. Progress!

Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by somadinho10: 8:08am On Apr 25, 2017
Laird:
Crude oil is going extinct

If that happens; Corrupt Nigerian politicians will.have to depend on increasing over bearing taxies and levies on over burdened citizens resulting in more business closures, more people taking their money out of the Country and Nigeria becoming worse as a failed state.
Infrastructure decay, lack of justice and lack of Security of Life and property , misappropriation and misutilization of public funds, Individual and collective greed, selfishness and corruption will be the Final stroke that might kill.Nigeria
that's my prayers so that the north can finally stop shouting one Nigeria
Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by Laird(m): 8:12am On Apr 25, 2017
somadinho10:
that's my prayers so that the north can finally stop shouting one Nigeria

Ideas and execution will rule the World not resources..... Saudi, Dubai, UAE , AUSTRALIA are diversifying and expanding their Individual Economies beyond the mere selling of resources and Commodites
Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by Emeka71(m): 9:02am On Apr 25, 2017
Good development; only that VOLVO is seems to be extinct in Nigeria.
Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by Henri8: 9:11am On Apr 25, 2017
obafemee80:
Interesting...

Wetin you want take charge am?
Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by delighteaners2: 10:43am On Apr 25, 2017
View won slip picture for your Gratification, Light tomorrow with todays effort.View won slip photo for your Gratification, Light tomorrow with todays affort.

Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by squarelead(m): 10:45am On Apr 25, 2017
Na only God know when this vehicle go dey available for common man to buy... Maybe the year 2058 sha
Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 25, 2017
Its a good move

Many car manufacturers are currently taking this route though, not just volvo
Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by shammah1(m): 11:12am On Apr 25, 2017
What is Volvo? (in Gifty's voice)
Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by AkProsper(m): 10:41pm On Apr 25, 2017
Till then.
. . . . . meanwhile, check my signature
Re: Volvo Makes Plans For An Electric Vehicle by valarinz: 9:53am On Apr 29, 2017
nony43:
I love Volvo cars, but my problem with them is their interior not sexy at all

grin

(1) (Reply)

Honda Atf Vs Substitute(dextron) / Which Car To Buy Toyota Corrolla , Matrix, Or Camry Big Daddy??? / My 2003 Camry Automatic Gear Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.