Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,471 members, 7,954,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:34 AM

Pharmacy Vs Computer Science - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pharmacy Vs Computer Science (8175 Views)

How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career? / Computer Enginnering Or Computer Science / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by alentyno: 5:43am On Oct 12, 2014
Cajetanspeaks:
Dude don't be so obsessed with 2.1 or 1st in computer science because in the world of ICT, practical experience and professional certification are omnipotent.
Of course I am aware of that. But the truth remains that a computer science graduate who knows his/her onnions will be in greater advantage unless he or she played away his/her time while in the university. There is something called solid in-depth knowledge and only elect engineers and computer engineers can rival them in that regard. Nowadays biochemistry/microbiologist graduates are being employed as sales reps in pharmaceuticals companies but does that mean pharmacy graduates should start having fear? Capital NO.

Banks now even employ any discipline to work for them even if you studied animal health science. Does it now mean that accounting/banking and finance graduates should be shivering? NO

It is all about knowing where you are coming from and where you are heading to. It is all about knowing your worth.
There is more to computer than just part by part certifications. Sadly a lot of computer science stuudents don't seem to realize this until it is too late.

And lastly due to the way this country is being structured, aiming for 1st class and 2.1 is not a bad thing because later in life you will not find it funny when job listings tell you that you won't be interviewed for a job simply because you got below 3.5 CGPA. trust me it isn't funny at all.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 12, 2014
alentyno:

Of course I am aware of that. But the truth remains that a computer science graduate who knows his/her onnions will be in greater advantage unless he or she played away his/her time while in the university. There is something called solid in-depth knowledge and only elect engineers and computer engineers can rival them in that regard. Nowadays biochemistry/microbiologist graduates are being employed as sales reps in pharmaceuticals companies but does that mean pharmacy graduates should start having fear? Capital NO.

Banks now even employ any discipline to work for them even if you studied animal health science. Does it now mean that accounting/banking and finance graduates should be shivering? NO

It is all about knowing where you are coming from and where you are heading to. It is all about knowing your worth.
There is more to computer than just part by part certifications. Sadly a lot of computer science stuudents don't seem to realize this until it is too late.

And lastly due to the way this country is being structured, aiming for 1st class and 2.1 is not a bad thing because later in life you will not find it funny when job listings tell you that you won't be interviewed for a job simply because you got below 3.5 CGPA. trust me it isn't funny at all.
Don't get it twisted, aiming for first class or 2.1 is very good. I chipped in that point because you posited that unemployed computer science graduates are mostly those with 2.2 and below, which is false. That assertion could be true for engineering graduates but for graduates of ICT disciplines, its false.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by alentyno: 6:44am On Oct 12, 2014
Cajetanspeaks:
Don't get it twisted, aiming for first class or 2.1 is very good. I chipped in that point because of you posited that unemployed computer science graduates are mostly those with 2.2 and below, which is false. That assertion could be true for engineering graduates but for graduates of ICT disciplines, its false.
Ok I now catch your drift. Even if it is not 100% true assertion, computer science students should still aim for the top grades. Believe me they have nothing to loose if they do. Have a nice sunday
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 12, 2014
alentyno:

yep not funny at all...
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 12, 2014
Cajetanspeaks:
Don't get it twisted, aiming for first class or 2.1 is very good. I chipped in that point because you posited that unemployed computer science graduates are mostly those with 2.2 and below, which is false. That assertion could be true for engineering graduates but for graduates of ICT disciplines, its false.
hmmm false?, am kinda doubtin you. .tel me wat made u say dat??
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 12, 2014
alentyno:

Ok I now catch your drift. Even if it is not 100% true assertion, computer science students should still aim for the top grades. Believe me they have nothing to loose if they do. Have a nice sunday
be it computer sci or political sci, they should aim for higher grade, coz if ur grade is not high den definitely you're empty upstair. . .you can't tel the employer dat you havin poor grade doesn't mean u're dull, he wn't belive u. .bcoz he already belive u're dul and not seriouz
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 12, 2014
Khalidsarki:
hmmm false?, am kinda doubtin you. .tel me wat made u say dat??
Are you an undergraduate?
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by alentyno: 2:25pm On Oct 12, 2014
Khalidsarki:
be it computer sci or political sci, they should aim for higher grade, coz if ur grade is not high den definitely you're empty upstair. . .you can't tel the employer dat you havin poor grade doesn't mean u're dull, he wn't belive u. .bcoz he already belive u're dul and not seriouz
Exactly. You won't even see him to tell cause you won't even be granted access to his office grin naija sha

1 Like

Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 12, 2014
Cajetanspeaks:
Are you an undergraduate?
noo.. I finish sec sch diz year.
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Giannakopoulos(f): 7:45pm On Oct 12, 2014
Khalidsarki:
i and my neighbours were arguing about this topic yesterday but it seems they don't have sumtin reasonable to say that's why i shared diz topic, i believe we have intelligent guys and ladies on nairaland, pharmacy or computer science which do u prefer?? Pls give your reasons
This is a very weak comparison,it's very obvious Pharmacy is the better option especially in Nigeria of today that unemployment level has risen.(1) Almost all polytechnics,universities offer computer science,but no Polytechnic offers Pharmacy,and not all universities offer Pharmacy,(2) When you get to NYSC camp,compare the number of pharmacists to Computer Scientist,the ratio could be 1:100(don't be surprised,when I was serving I can confidently tell you pharmacists in my camp/state were not more than 10 out of about 2500 in camp,and I'm sure Computer scientists were up to 300 ,if not more than).& many more comparisons I can't make here for want of time .This alone should tell you which course the unemployment level would be higher. But aside from unemployment level,every course is very relevant. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 12, 2014
Giannakopoulos:
This is a very weak comparison,it's very obvious Pharmacy is the better option especially in Nigeria of today that unemployment level has risen.(1) Almost all polytechnics,universities offer computer science,but no Polytechnic offers Pharmacy,and not all universities offer Pharmacy,(2) When you get to NYSC camp,compare the number of pharmacists to Computer Scientist,the ratio could be 1:100(don't be surprised,when I was serving I can confidently tell you pharmacists in my camp/state were not more than 10 out of about 2500 in camp,and I'm sure Computer scientists were up to 300 ,if not more than).& many more comparisons I can't make here for want of time .This alone should tell you which course the unemployment level would be higher. But aside from unemployment level,every course is very relevant. Thank you
thank you sir
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Samgreguc(m): 9:05am On Oct 13, 2014
The post immediately above the post immediately above my post said almost it all.
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 13, 2014
Samgreguc:
The.......
complete it
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 13, 2014
Khalidsarki:
i undastnd biology, chemistry, maths and physics. Buh i enjoy maths and physics.
Then go for computer science.
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Samgreguc(m): 11:45am On Oct 13, 2014
Yields:
while in secondary school, I like maths and physics so wel cos they are simple bt, I loved the health profession so, I had to sit and learn the needful to be in Pharmacy School.
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 13, 2014
Samgreguc:

while in secondary school, I like maths and physics so wel cos they are simple bt, I loved the health profession so, I had to sit and learn the needful to be in Pharmacy School.
are you a pharmacist??
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 13, 2014
Yields:
yes sir
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Samgreguc(m): 6:26pm On Oct 13, 2014
Khalidsarki:
are you a pharmacist??
Nope,,,, a student.
Re: Pharmacy Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 13, 2014
Samgreguc:

Nope,,,, a student.
ooh pharmacy student, dat's gr8

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Reward Your Employee As A Startup / Sanofi Admits Five In Its Internship Programme. / How To Have A Good Time Doing A 9 - 5 Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.