Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,446 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

So, Some Nigerian Women Are Still Having Babies Out Of Wedlock This Day And Age - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / So, Some Nigerian Women Are Still Having Babies Out Of Wedlock This Day And Age (2210 Views)

what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? / New Bride Rushed To Hospital Still Having Orgasm’s 2 Hours After Sex / The Best Age To Start Having Babies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So, Some Nigerian Women Are Still Having Babies Out Of Wedlock This Day And Age by itstpia1: 2:51pm On Oct 10, 2014
amazing, i just read a story where a Nigerian (?) lady said she had UNPROTECTED SEX TWO years ago and got pregnant.

which Nigerian culture encourages this, since we all know not every culture in Nigeria is the same.

yes, i know Nigeria is also a center for baby farms where males and females are paired together, inseminated and children delivered with no visible father.
Re: So, Some Nigerian Women Are Still Having Babies Out Of Wedlock This Day And Age by itstpia1: 2:53pm On Oct 10, 2014
this is not an indictment and i am in no way criticizing the lady in the situation, just wondering why this is still happening and recurring frequently.

i think those of us who say its not Nigerian culture, are missing something.
Re: So, Some Nigerian Women Are Still Having Babies Out Of Wedlock This Day And Age by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 10, 2014
Are you baffled on why they still having unprotected sex OR
Why they keep the baby and not abort it instead??

1 Like

Re: So, Some Nigerian Women Are Still Having Babies Out Of Wedlock This Day And Age by itstpia1: 3:36pm On Oct 10, 2014
i'm baffled on why they are having unprotected sex.

which would eliminate the need to have an abortion afterwards.
Re: So, Some Nigerian Women Are Still Having Babies Out Of Wedlock This Day And Age by pickabeau1: 3:51pm On Oct 10, 2014
its called civilisation

sex without boundaries.. carry go
Re: So, Some Nigerian Women Are Still Having Babies Out Of Wedlock This Day And Age by crackhaus: 3:57pm On Oct 10, 2014
Nigerian women in diaspora you mean.
Re: So, Some Nigerian Women Are Still Having Babies Out Of Wedlock This Day And Age by Godmystrength: 4:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
pickabeau1:
its called civilisation

sex without boundaries.. carry go

civi kini?
This should ONLY happen in marriage. Nothing more..
Re: So, Some Nigerian Women Are Still Having Babies Out Of Wedlock This Day And Age by pickabeau1: 4:56pm On Oct 10, 2014
Godmystrength:
civi kini?
This should ONLY happen in marriage. Nothing more..

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Welcome to the 21st century... actually that should be 20th century tongue tongue
Re: So, Some Nigerian Women Are Still Having Babies Out Of Wedlock This Day And Age by Godmystrength: 5:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
pickabeau1:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Welcome to the 21st century... actually that should be 20th century tongue tongue
maybe i was slow in arriving...
Re: So, Some Nigerian Women Are Still Having Babies Out Of Wedlock This Day And Age by pickabeau1: 5:07pm On Oct 10, 2014
Godmystrength:
maybe i was slow in arriving...

hmmm.... let me tell u more......this century is renowned for sex without consequence
sex is routine

bootycalls
runz ism is now fashionable - babes are proud to be called runzers
baby mamas abound
absentee sperm donors on the loose saying no be my pikin

welcome oo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: So, Some Nigerian Women Are Still Having Babies Out Of Wedlock This Day And Age by Godmystrength: 5:10pm On Oct 10, 2014
pickabeau1:

hmmm.... let me tell u more......this century is renowned for sex without consequence
sex is routine

bootycalls
runz ism is now fashionable - babes are proud to be called runzers
baby mamas abound
absentee sperm donors on the loose saying no be my pikin

welcome oo grin grin grin
Na wa o. Anyway sha, i am already praying for my children in advance
Re: So, Some Nigerian Women Are Still Having Babies Out Of Wedlock This Day And Age by pickabeau1: 5:19pm On Oct 10, 2014
Godmystrength:
Na wa o. Anyway sha, i am already praying for my children in advance

hahaha...

i say amen to ur prayer

Let me tell u more

In the West, a girl as young as 13 can start using birth control pills without parental consent
In Canada, she can get an abortion without parental consent.

U know in naija,,,we like to copy

so stay tuned
Re: So, Some Nigerian Women Are Still Having Babies Out Of Wedlock This Day And Age by Mynd44: 8:58pm On Oct 10, 2014
And all I ask for is a GF
Re: So, Some Nigerian Women Are Still Having Babies Out Of Wedlock This Day And Age by coogar: 9:16pm On Oct 10, 2014
itstpia1:
this is not an indictment and i am in no way criticizing the lady in the situation, just wondering why this is still happening and recurring frequently.

i think those of us who say its not Nigerian culture, are missing something.

get used to it......
the stigmatisation of polygyny brought this nonsense to our society. back in the days, if a man impregnates a woman, he must marry her & he wouldn't have any qualms about it cos he knows he could always get as many wives as possible.

these days, that option of polygyny has been taken away from the men. he only gets one chance to marry a woman of his dreams. if he gets a woman he doesn't really love pregnant, he is not likely to stay with her....who wants to marry a woman he doesn't love?
Re: So, Some Nigerian Women Are Still Having Babies Out Of Wedlock This Day And Age by soulglo: 10:45pm On Oct 10, 2014
crackhaus:
Nigerian women in diaspora you mean.

Is abortion a better option?
Re: So, Some Nigerian Women Are Still Having Babies Out Of Wedlock This Day And Age by crackhaus: 2:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
soulglo:

Is abortion a better option?
Not getting pregnant in the first place is the best option.
Re: So, Some Nigerian Women Are Still Having Babies Out Of Wedlock This Day And Age by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 11, 2014
itstpia1:
amazing, i just read a story where a Nigerian (?) lady said she had UNPROTECTED SEX TWO years ago and got pregnant.

which Nigerian culture encourages this, since we all know not every culture in Nigeria is the same.

yes, i know Nigeria is also a center for baby farms where males and females are paired together, inseminated and children delivered with no visible father.

Because gone are the days when such was a taboo and the whole family would be talked about
Now its just "one of those things"
Many familys now have at least one person in their extended family who has done such
because now especially in developed countrys baby and mother wont go hungry and any father that disowns his daughter for getting pregnant, the govt is ready to provide shelter and money for the mother and baby
The other day I heard of an 11 year old saying that she wont be going to Uni becasue she would have had a kid by 17
In city centres on a Saturday afternoon, its like a fashion show of which teenager pushes the best buggy
Things have changed. . . . .and sadly the cycle just carrys on.
Re: So, Some Nigerian Women Are Still Having Babies Out Of Wedlock This Day And Age by tpia2005: 9:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
if you are bent on having an out of wedlock baby, then go to a baby farm nah?

@ topic.

(1) (Reply)

Feud Between Sister-inlaw And Wife And Dim(husband) / Going Bald At Just 24 / Relocation sale!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.