Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

If Youtube > Myspace And Myspace > Google Then Youtube > Google :) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / If Youtube > Myspace And Myspace > Google Then Youtube > Google :) (1151 Views)

Social Site Generator: Run A Social Network Website Like Myspace Or Facebook / Facebook Now Pulling In More Users Than Myspace / Making Money On Youtube, Myspace And Co (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Youtube > Myspace And Myspace > Google Then Youtube > Google :) by my2cents(m): 9:36pm On Aug 01, 2006
According to latest reports, youTube has exceeded mySpace in web traffic:
http://technology.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,1834036,00.html

With a similar article I posted a while back about mySpace exceeding google, I guess it means youTube is the head honcho these days grin

Just an FYI
Re: If Youtube > Myspace And Myspace > Google Then Youtube > Google :) by Seun(m): 10:34pm On Aug 01, 2006
They are yet to beat google in revenue, I'm sure.
Re: If Youtube > Myspace And Myspace > Google Then Youtube > Google :) by Seun(m): 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2006
Here's a fact about Internet advertising that you seem to know. Return visitors are not very profitable. That's right, not even on Nairaland. You make more by showing an ad to 100 people than showing it to one person 100 times!

Youtube's decline is inevitable, because its traffic is built on massive copyright violation. Just like Napster:
http://www.blogmaverick.com/2006/09/17/the-coming-dramatic-decline-of-youtube/
Re: If Youtube > Myspace And Myspace > Google Then Youtube > Google :) by my2cents(m): 5:52pm On Sep 22, 2006
In the meantime, the $$ will keep rolling in, the smart ones will cash out, make their millions/billions, invest it in something else and go retire on some island somewhere wink
Re: If Youtube > Myspace And Myspace > Google Then Youtube > Google :) by Seun(m): 9:14am On Sep 23, 2006
Well, that's how scammers operate. You pump it and you dump it. Real businessmen build stuff that lasts.
Re: If Youtube > Myspace And Myspace > Google Then Youtube > Google :) by my2cents(m): 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2006
Weeeell,

I think that is right to an extent - there are those pple, at least in the states, who start a biz for the explicit purpose of cashing out and who may not care in any way wat happens to the biz afterwards.

Example: Mark Cuban, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Cuban, started a company, cashed out his stocks, made his billions and used that money to buy the dallas mavericks (a basketball team). I wouldn't call him a scammer. The examples could go on and on, but thatz not the point here wink

Ayn Rand may not always be right, though influential grin
Re: If Youtube > Myspace And Myspace > Google Then Youtube > Google :) by Seun(m): 7:26pm On Sep 23, 2006
www.alexa.com and www.metricsmarket.com can be used to compare them!

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Bigger: Google Or Yahoo? / Start Your Own Domain And Web Hosting Company For FREEĀ» Information Thread / How Can You Improve Conversion Rates?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.