Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... (827 Views)

Shall We Continue In Sin? / Inter-generation Curses Or Blessings. Let's See What The Bible Says, Shall We? / The Bible And Homosexuality: What Shall We Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... by SlimSkipper(m): 8:41pm On Oct 10, 2014
Please before jumping to conclusion, think about your point(s) deeply and back it up with evidence either from the bible, quaran or encyclopedia.
ARE THIS THINGS METIONED BELOW REALLY BAD:
1. Self- servicing a.k.a hand service
2. Drinking of alcohol (may be just a little)
3. Marrying more than one wife
4. Ladies putting on trousers (even if its ladies trouser)
I would really want to know because in my own religion (christianity) the bible does not cathegorically condem this things except we want to be reinterpreting the bible.

pls i want to learn from fellow NLers that why am asking
Re: Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... by iceberylin(m): 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
Incase wink
Re: Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... by zoeee(f): 9:21pm On Oct 10, 2014
"categorically"...
Re: Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... by Boland(m): 9:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
About the number 1 which is Self-Servicing, I think it is next to impossible for someone to self service without lusting especially single peeps(not married).
Re: Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... by Hartmelt(m): 9:40pm On Oct 10, 2014
1. Self service-
i. The Bible: There is no verse in the bible that mentions masturbation.
ii. Qur'an: The Qur'an also has no verse that prohibits masturbation ,

2. Alcohol-
i. The Bible: (Some parts of the bible forbid while some encourage) Ephesians 5:18 - And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; 1 Timothy 5:23 - Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities. Leviticus 10:9 - Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: [it shall be] a statute for ever throughout your generations: Leviticus 10:9 - Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: [it shall be] a statute for ever throughout your generations: 1 Corinthians 6:10 - Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And many more http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/>
ii. Qur'an: (Totally forbidden) You must not sell it or buy it not to talk of consuming , O you who have believed, indeed, intoxicants, gambling, [sacrificing on] stone alters [to other than Allah ], and divining arrows are but defilement from the work of Satan, so avoid it that you may be successful (Surah Al-maidah 5.90) Satan only wants to cause between you animosity and hatred through intoxicants and gambling and to avert you from the remembrance of Allah and from prayer. So will you not desist(Surah Al-maidah 5.91)? O you who believe! do not go near prayer when you are Intoxicated until you know (well) what you say
(Surah Nisa 4:43)
Re: Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... by Hartmelt(m): 10:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
Polygamy-
i-The Bible: Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Mark 10:11 Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her
Ephesians 5:33 Let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
ii-The Qur'an: Surat An-Nisā' (The Women)<4:3> And if you fear that you will not deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry those that please you of [other] women, two or three or four. But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one or those your right hand possesses. That is more suitable that you may not incline [to injustice].

Women and Trousers-
i: The Bible:

Deuteronomy 22:5 “A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.
ii The Qur'ansadPermissible as long as it does not expose her body or curves to strangers)“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies”

[al-Ahzaab 33:59]
Re: Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... by SlimSkipper(m): 6:41am On Oct 11, 2014
Hartmelt:
Polygamy-
i-The Bible: Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Mark 10:11 Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her
Ephesians 5:33 Let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
ii-The Qur'an: Surat An-Nisā' (The Women)<4:3> And if you fear that you will not deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry those that please you of [other] women, two or three or four. But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one or those your right hand possesses. That is more suitable that you may not incline [to injustice].

Women and Trousers-
i: The Bible:

Deuteronomy 22:5 “A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.
ii The Qur'ansadPermissible as long as it does not expose her body or curves to strangers)“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies”

[al-Ahzaab 33:59]

1. what of marrying more than one wife without putting away the initial one(s)
2. who said trouser is men clothing (i mean it depends)

(1) (Reply)

2015 Is Year Of God's Visitation - Kumuyi / What Is It With Some Ladies And Dressing / The Touching Story Of A Widow And Her Tithe...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.