Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,139 members, 7,821,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag (2984 Views)

Girl Electrocuted,As Electric Wire Falls on Her At New Hall, UNILAG / A Kadpoly Student Went To Exam Hall, With Her Wedding Gown Last Saturday / Madam tinubu Hostel On Fire Unilag How True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by clans(f): 4:16am On Oct 12, 2014
A fire just broke out in one of the female hostels in unilag, let me settle down before I bring more information. It was terrible girls jumping from the top of the buildings, rooms burnt, no water to put off the fire. Casualties are being attended to
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by Nobody: 4:26am On Oct 12, 2014
I've never seen this kind of thing in my life O°˚˚˚ . Omo the fire was sooooo hot.

Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by seunlayi(m): 4:31am On Oct 12, 2014
hope no life was lost?

1 Like

Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by naturally: 4:42am On Oct 12, 2014
Na wa o, all these hostel fire. May God help us.
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by Nobody: 4:44am On Oct 12, 2014
Chisos!

I hope y'all safe and sound......

I wouldn't be surprised if the fire was caused by a girl who slept off while cooking beans sad

1 Like

Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by clans(f): 4:50am On Oct 12, 2014
Asin, even unilag fire service hasn't come to the hostel yet, the most annoying Part is that the students have no idea on what to do in a fire situation, there were no muster point, no fire drills even the extinguisher weren't working, the porters were disorganized they didn't even know were the keys were to open the gates, tragic mehn

1 Like

Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by Nobody: 5:02am On Oct 12, 2014
clans:
Asin, even unilag fire service hasn't come to the hostel yet, the most annoying Part is that the students have no idea on what to do in a fire situation, there were no muster point, no fire drills even the extinguisher weren't working, the porters were disorganized they didn't even know were the keys were to open the gates, tragic mehn
The porters were sleeping then cos people banged their doors for more than 5mins and they didn't respond. Some people said they had to crawl out of the gate. Twas worse than tragic. There's a room that got burnt totally as in there's nothing in the room. I saw a girl that was burnt too, the girl's state is really bad
Some people are going inside already

Some officials just passed infront of me to check the damage
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by CoCoLav(f): 7:02am On Oct 12, 2014
Just hearing from my friend now. She had to crawl out from the hole leading outside because the gates were locked. This is sad! MTH is a really tight hostel and if it gets burnt there are sure to be casualties.
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 12, 2014
Don't worry dear all is well IJN cos the lord is our shepard
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by Michaelsmith: 8:16am On Oct 12, 2014
kreezzy:

The porters were sleeping then cos people banged their doors for more than 5mins and they didn't respond. Some people said they had to crawl out of the gate. Twas worse than tragic. There's a room that got burnt totally as in there's nothing in the room. I saw a girl that was burnt too, the girl's state is really bad
Some people are going inside already

Some officials just passed infront of me to check the damage
Are you in unilag?
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by clans(f): 8:38am On Oct 12, 2014
Michaelsmith:
Are you in unilag?
If she wasn't how would she have all this info?
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 12, 2014
Baba God....pls take absolute control
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by Michaelsmith: 8:46am On Oct 12, 2014
clans:

same way everyone is reading the info right now,or she could be told..
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by tsleazy(m): 9:18am On Oct 12, 2014
Choi.....and I thought my school was wack
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by ednut1(m): 9:38am On Oct 12, 2014
probably caused by one of dem. but see dat third pic. der eyes dey shine na witch own
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by Odunharry(m): 9:59am On Oct 12, 2014
I hope no life was lost....God help us
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by Lifeofhughes(m): 11:29am On Oct 12, 2014
No life was lost soo people stop saying what is not.
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by Daneguakhi(m): 11:39am On Oct 12, 2014
This ought to be a front page topic now, where the moderators at? I hold Nairaland in high esteem for being a reference for current and up-to-date information, I really shouldn't hear it broadcast on News before I get to read it on the forum. Just saying.
If
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by In2systemsTech(m): 12:00pm On Oct 12, 2014
ednut1:
probably caused by one of dem. but see dat third pic. der eyes dey shine na witch own
grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by Joeself1(m): 12:55pm On Oct 12, 2014
ile oba to jona, ewa lo bu si
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 12, 2014
clans:

Thank you
@michaelsmith I used present tense so you should know I was there

Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 12, 2014
Too bad,hope no casualty?

May God help us.
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by Bibol(f): 2:30pm On Oct 12, 2014
May God keep the students safe
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by justi4jesu(f): 2:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
The eyes of the ladies for the pissure na wa oh cheesy cheesy
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by sekzy99(m): 2:40pm On Oct 12, 2014
Its well
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by mesoade(m): 2:52pm On Oct 12, 2014
I wouldn't be surprised if d fire outbreak was as a result of sum studnts nt adhering to a certain rule undecided
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by ebolablast: 3:27pm On Oct 12, 2014
kreezzy:
I've never seen this kind of thing in my life O°˚˚˚ . Omo the fire was sooooo hot.
Dis ur comment don reach naij.com news o.. u don become ova nyt celeb cos 80% of naija sites gets news from naij http://www.naij.com/304302-unilag-fire-outbreak-no-casualties.html
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 12, 2014
ebolablast:
Dis ur comment don reach naij.com news o.. u don become ova nyt celeb cos 80% of naija sites gets news from naij http://www.naij.com/304302-unilag-fire-outbreak-no-casualties.html
smiley smiley
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by Michaelsmith: 8:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
kreezzy:

Thank you
@michaelsmith I used present tense so you should know I was there

Sorry, I didn't read my GST102 well ni...
hehe...Newhall babe..what dept are you?
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 12, 2014
Michaelsmith:

Sorry, I didn't read my GST102 well ni...
hehe...Newhall babe..what dept are you?
No ...its Gst105
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by Michaelsmith: 10:00pm On Oct 12, 2014
kreezzy:

No ...its Gst105
my bad..they should just send me away..lol
what dept are you?
Re: Fire In Madam Tinubu Hall Unilag by Kiingsolomon(f): 11:00am On Oct 13, 2014
kreezzy:

No ...its Gst105
mayb d guy dey year 4,, e don forget which is english lang. Lolz.

(1) (Reply)

Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. / Project Topics And Materials In Building Technology / JAMB Screening And 15 Possible Questions You May Likely Come Across

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.