Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,777 members, 7,955,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:10 PM

Some Android Terminologies With Their Meanings You Should Know As Droid Users - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Some Android Terminologies With Their Meanings You Should Know As Droid Users (1874 Views)

Why Are Some Android Not Rootable?(solved) / The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC / Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Android Terminologies With Their Meanings You Should Know As Droid Users by bongolistik(m): 10:31am On Oct 12, 2014
As Android users, there are certain android terminologies you should know that will enable you get the best out of your droid device. They are

1. Rooting- this is a way of giving your android device root access to enable you manipulate it just the way you want. As hacking is to Symbians, jailbreaking to iPhones so is rooting to android.

2. Brick an android- this is just the same thing as saying 'to spoil your phone'. You can brick your android when trying to root it wrongfully.

3. Flash custom ROM- here flash simply means 'instal' while custom ROM means a modified version of Android.

4. Unlock bootloader- Bootloader is a program that determines which application will run on your android startup process. Unlocking bootloader enables you customise your android.

5. APK- APK stands for Android Application package. It is a format use to distribute and install android apps

There are more of these terminologies

http://highteknology..com/2014/10/7-basic-and-common-android.html

1 Like

Re: Some Android Terminologies With Their Meanings You Should Know As Droid Users by Lorechino(m): 10:38am On Oct 12, 2014
bongolistik:
As Android users, there are certain android terminologies you should know that will enable you get the best out of your droid device. They are

1. Rooting- this is a way of giving your android device root access to enable you manipulate it just the way you want. As hacking is to Symbians, jailbreaking to iPhones so is rooting to android.

2. Brick an android- this is just the same thing as saying 'to spoil your phone'. You can brick you android when trying to root it wrongfully.

3. Flash custom ROM- here flash simply mean 'instal' while custom ROM means a modified version of Android.

4. Unlock bootloader- Bootloader is a program that determines which application will run on your android startup process. Unlocking bootloader enables you customise your android.

5. APK- APK stands for Android Application package. It is a format use to distribute and install android apps

good job
bongolistik:

2. Brick an android- this is just the same thing as saying 'to spoil your phone'. You can brick you android when trying to root it wrongfully.

3. Flash custom ROM- here flash simply mean 'instal' while custom ROM means a modified version of Android.

good job
bongolistik:

good job

1 Like

Re: Some Android Terminologies With Their Meanings You Should Know As Droid Users by Tbillz(m): 11:38am On Oct 12, 2014
Mod comot 4 romance forum, see better topic na

2 Likes

Re: Some Android Terminologies With Their Meanings You Should Know As Droid Users by codedmax(m): 1:19pm On Oct 12, 2014
Good one op!!

1 Like

Re: Some Android Terminologies With Their Meanings You Should Know As Droid Users by constance500: 3:14pm On Oct 12, 2014
Nice cheesy

1 Like

Re: Some Android Terminologies With Their Meanings You Should Know As Droid Users by asudan: 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2014
You won my heart on this one and you are a great advertiser unlike some mushroom nairalander that come up with articles on how to get 100g for N20. I must say good job and that has made me click on the reference link.in case a sensible person moves this to front page,I secure this one.

1 Like

Re: Some Android Terminologies With Their Meanings You Should Know As Droid Users by zelexotunla(m): 8:53pm On Oct 12, 2014
This is a great work at Op. You really treated the topic very well unlike some mumu bloggers wey dem go just dey split trashes on nairaland. By their finger and their common sense we shall know them. In mama Peace's voice #kontunu

2 Likes

Re: Some Android Terminologies With Their Meanings You Should Know As Droid Users by enobong18: 10:01pm On Oct 12, 2014
Thanks a lot. Just under a one min glans I came out of ignorance
Re: Some Android Terminologies With Their Meanings You Should Know As Droid Users by eddyland: 6:48am On Oct 13, 2014
OP I swear, ur head too correct
Re: Some Android Terminologies With Their Meanings You Should Know As Droid Users by Barbar2ndey: 7:32am On Oct 13, 2014
@op n others….. can yu guyz pls tel me about dis cwm(clock work mode).... and itz usefulness….. and how i can use it to solve d problem of my lagging phone if possible… tanx
Re: Some Android Terminologies With Their Meanings You Should Know As Droid Users by StealthyMe(m): 9:11am On Oct 13, 2014
Barbar2ndey:
@op n others….. can yu guyz pls tel me about dis cwm(clock work mode).... and itz usefulness….. and how i can use it to solve d problem of my lagging phone if possible… tanx

CWM the way i take sabi am...is a backup tool for droid devices. If u're rooted,the first thing you should do is backup ur device ROM
This can be done thru CWM...so incase you encounter any future problem ; a bricked device,you just restore the backed up ROM.
Re: Some Android Terminologies With Their Meanings You Should Know As Droid Users by Barbar2ndey: 9:44am On Oct 13, 2014
StealthyMe:

CWM the way i take sabi am...is a backup tool for droid devices. If u're rooted,the first thing you should do is backup ur device ROM
This can be done thru CWM...so incase you encounter any future problem ; a bricked device,you just restore the backed up ROM.
i
tanx bro… do yu mean all my files and apps will be backed up… if. so giv me d steps to do so…coz i juz rooted my device
Re: Some Android Terminologies With Their Meanings You Should Know As Droid Users by StealthyMe(m): 10:03am On Oct 13, 2014
Barbar2ndey:
i
tanx bro… do yu mean all my files and apps will be backed up… if. so giv me d steps to do so…coz i juz rooted my device

Na system apps and ROM go dey backedup...You can backup your apps and files using Titanium backup

Google search Clockwork Mod for ur device...the steps go dey one site wink
Cos i don forget aw i take backup my own...
Re: Some Android Terminologies With Their Meanings You Should Know As Droid Users by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:27am On Oct 13, 2014
how about MTK?
Re: Some Android Terminologies With Their Meanings You Should Know As Droid Users by bongolistik(m): 10:36am On Oct 13, 2014
Barbar2ndey:
i
Steathyme tried. Actualy CWM is the commonest and very powerful Android custom recovery out there. Unlike d stock recovery dat ur android comes wit, CWM gives additional functionalities. Installing CWM is simple only if u knw d simple tin 2 do.

To install CWM recovery, since u hav rooted ur device, u ar almost done. All u need do now is go to playstore and download and instal ROM MANAGER, then launch the ROM MANAGER, the first option u wil see is flash CWM recovery, so jst tap it nd folow d litl instruction, den wait as d magic is don, afta wich it wil reboot ur phone. Dats all.

U can check 2 see if it ws properly instald by launching ROM MANAGER again, and u should nw see CWM installed

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Some Android Terminologies With Their Meanings You Should Know As Droid Users by eddyland: 4:15pm On Oct 13, 2014
I am learning android development here wit style
Re: Some Android Terminologies With Their Meanings You Should Know As Droid Users by Epathra(f): 4:59pm On Oct 13, 2014
Team blackberry
Re: Some Android Terminologies With Their Meanings You Should Know As Droid Users by Inkredible(m): 6:55pm On Oct 13, 2014
Epathra:
Team blackberry
Seconded. cheesy
Re: Some Android Terminologies With Their Meanings You Should Know As Droid Users by eddyland: 8:30pm On Oct 13, 2014
Inkredible:
Seconded. cheesy
unsecond
Re: Some Android Terminologies With Their Meanings You Should Know As Droid Users by Inkredible(m): 11:26pm On Oct 13, 2014
eddyland:
unsecond
tongue tongue
Re: Some Android Terminologies With Their Meanings You Should Know As Droid Users by zelexotunla(m): 5:54am On Oct 14, 2014
Hello friends,in as much as I'm enjoying dis thread there are many apps on my android dat I dont know their functionality and they have been there since when I got d phone from someone. Though I tried to uninstall some apps but d fear of uninstalling the very important apps has been disturbing. The need arise as a result of d problem of "storage space running".

(1) (Reply)

Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? / NITEL Return With 4G Cheaper Data Services / I Just Bought A New Phone Which Has Lenovo Written At The Front And

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.