Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Nigeria Plan Hosting 2015 Afcon With Morocco Planning To Pull Out - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Plan Hosting 2015 Afcon With Morocco Planning To Pull Out (1478 Views)

Nigeria Improves In FIFA World Ranking Without Going To 2015 AFCON / AFCON 2015: Nigeria Plan 'back Door' Qualification / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Plan Hosting 2015 Afcon With Morocco Planning To Pull Out by Flexysweet(m): 6:50pm On Oct 12, 2014
Nigeria may already be looking for a way to play at the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations, following the shoddy performances of the Super Eagles in the on-going qualifiers for the event. 

Sources tell Futaa.com, that plans may have been put in motion for Nigeria to apply for hosting rights, with current rights holders Morocco, considering pulling out.
Possible

The Super Eagles have one point from a possible nine, and prop up a Group that has South Africa, Sudan and Congo, with chances of qualifying now only mathematical.
The only sure way the Nigeria may get to play at the event, is only if the tournament is moved to West Africa, with Nigeria hosting.
Morocco had complained to the Confederation of Africa Football (CAF) that the tournament should be moved because of the Ebola scourge.
Declined

CAF have however, declined the request, insisting that the tournament will go on as planned. 
Should Morocco take the next expected step and decline to host, Nigeria may offer to host the event.
Nigeria last hosted the Nations Cup in 1980, before sharing hosting rights with Ghana in 2000.
grin grin grin 9ja get brain ooo! They know, dat dey ain't going any where dey won com host! I pray it work! Amen to these

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Plan Hosting 2015 Afcon With Morocco Planning To Pull Out by Flexysweet(m): 6:52pm On Oct 12, 2014
If these happens! It will be d best thing dat has ever happened in 9ja sports sector(2014) undecided
Re: Nigeria Plan Hosting 2015 Afcon With Morocco Planning To Pull Out by Opiosko: 6:55pm On Oct 12, 2014
If u can't pay for it, con it. Nigerian magic. Up PDP
Re: Nigeria Plan Hosting 2015 Afcon With Morocco Planning To Pull Out by Afrok(m): 6:59pm On Oct 12, 2014
Haha... I don't understand, Nigeria is already looking for opportunity to gain automatic qualification? shocked
Re: Nigeria Plan Hosting 2015 Afcon With Morocco Planning To Pull Out by sohl7(m): 7:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
Afrok:
Haha... I don't understand, Nigeria is already looking for opportunity to gain automatic qualification? shocked
yes ooo
Re: Nigeria Plan Hosting 2015 Afcon With Morocco Planning To Pull Out by fiftynaira(m): 7:08pm On Oct 12, 2014
Which staduim dey wan use play am? Abi na dey one way dey for abuja way dey for use monkey post play?
Re: Nigeria Plan Hosting 2015 Afcon With Morocco Planning To Pull Out by Afrok(m): 7:08pm On Oct 12, 2014
sohl7:
yes ooo
hmmm... Hope it turns to reality, but Nigeria no dey dull ooo... I trust Nigeria sha, whether U take tarred road or I take footpath, so far say na the same express we go reach and pass, no wahala cheesy
Re: Nigeria Plan Hosting 2015 Afcon With Morocco Planning To Pull Out by orobs93(m): 7:35pm On Oct 12, 2014
fiftynaira:
Which staduim dey wan use play am? Abi na dey one way dey for abuja way dey for use monkey post play?

We have
Abuja
Bauchi
Uyo
Lagos
Kaduna
Calabar
Ibadan
Ogun
Edo etc just name it

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Plan Hosting 2015 Afcon With Morocco Planning To Pull Out by tuffgongjo(m): 8:52pm On Oct 12, 2014
Flexysweet:
If these happens! It will be d best thing dat has ever happened in 9ja sports sector(2014) undecided
It will be a "nail in the coffin".
Re: Nigeria Plan Hosting 2015 Afcon With Morocco Planning To Pull Out by heavenmade(m): 9:14pm On Oct 12, 2014
orobs93:

We have
Abuja
Bauchi
Uyo
Lagos
Kaduna
Calabar
Ibadan
Ogun
Edo etc just name it
don't think we ll wana host a match in the north at this moment
Re: Nigeria Plan Hosting 2015 Afcon With Morocco Planning To Pull Out by heavenmade(m): 9:20pm On Oct 12, 2014
Because of the security challenges in the north we wud not want to risk hosting matches in the north. And I don't think we'd need more than 5 stadia. We can use Teslim(lagos), Abuja, Uyo, Calabar,port harcourt and warri
fiftynaira:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Plan Hosting 2015 Afcon With Morocco Planning To Pull Out by fiftynaira(m): 9:25pm On Oct 12, 2014
heavenmade:
Because of the security challenges in the north we wud not want to risk hosting matches in the north. And I don't think we'd need more than 5 stadia. We can use Teslim(lagos), Abuja, Uyo, Calabar,port harcourt and warri

Thank God u see my point
Re: Nigeria Plan Hosting 2015 Afcon With Morocco Planning To Pull Out by mummyson26(m): 9:32pm On Oct 12, 2014
I Saw A Keke Napep Earlier Today With An
inscription "Trust No Lady..." I have a
Feeling That Guy Once Had a Range
Rover.lol
Re: Nigeria Plan Hosting 2015 Afcon With Morocco Planning To Pull Out by noble4d(m): 10:26pm On Oct 12, 2014
heavenmade:

Cos of security challenges... So Abuja dey east
Re: Nigeria Plan Hosting 2015 Afcon With Morocco Planning To Pull Out by Flexysweet(m): 11:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
orobs93:

We have
Abuja
Bauchi
Uyo
Lagos
Kaduna
Calabar
Ibadan
Ogun
Edo etc just name it
ur list no complete noni. Enugu, and also consider the environment, we can host it,it jst dat d NFF or NFA no won waste money,dey 4don host d tournament since nah,dey jst wanna eat d money alone , etc

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Plan Hosting 2015 Afcon With Morocco Planning To Pull Out by Flexysweet(m): 11:41pm On Oct 12, 2014
grin grin
mummyson26:
I Saw A Keke Napep Earlier Today With An
inscription "Trust No Lady..." I have a
Feeling That Guy Once Had a Range
Rover.lol
grin grin u nooo well ni

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Plan Hosting 2015 Afcon With Morocco Planning To Pull Out by Flexysweet(m): 11:43pm On Oct 12, 2014
noble4d:

Cos of security challenges... So Abuja dey east
lolz! Buh Abuja can still be secured tight, it's not abig deal! Buh playn in any of d northern states,its Noo 4 me lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Plan Hosting 2015 Afcon With Morocco Planning To Pull Out by Emyogalanya: 12:00am On Oct 13, 2014
So which is safer ebola scare or boko scare which is the lesser evil between d devil and deep blue sea
Re: Nigeria Plan Hosting 2015 Afcon With Morocco Planning To Pull Out by habiolah(m): 2:09pm On Oct 13, 2014
make we no attempt this jargon o. how we wan sure say those fans wet go enter Nina for the competition no go com pass us Ebola? make we think am twice o
Re: Nigeria Plan Hosting 2015 Afcon With Morocco Planning To Pull Out by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 13, 2014
Make them no try am oh, i nor wan hear ebola for nigeria again oh
Re: Nigeria Plan Hosting 2015 Afcon With Morocco Planning To Pull Out by buskie13(m): 4:05pm On Oct 13, 2014
orobs93:

We have
Abuja
Bauchi
Uyo
Lagos
Kaduna
Calabar
Ibadan
Ogun
Edo etc just name it
Delta state nkor?
delta has one at Oleh,Ughelli and Warri

(1) (Reply)

Meet Chelsea's Pretty Team Doctor + Her Message To Girls Who Wish To Be Like Her / Shocking: Ghana Premier League Match Day 25 Round-up Plus League Table / See My Soccer Score Prediction Model For Sport Betting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.