Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,560 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? (2509 Views)

BREAKING NEWS!! Siasia To Take Over From Keshi / Kenneth Otigba Waiting To Hear From Keshi Over National Team Future / Keneth Otigba Waiting To Hear From Keshi Over National Team Future (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by robosky02(m): 7:53pm On Oct 12, 2014
with the end of keshis era we need to chart a new course for the super eagles.
here is the profile of some top contenders. who would you prefer to take over and why
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by robosky02(m): 7:56pm On Oct 12, 2014
Shaibu Amodu
He managed Nigeria from April 2001 to February 2002.
He was appointed Head Coach of the Nigerian national side in April 2008,[2] and was sacked on 6 February 2010.[3] Despite reaching third place with the national side in the 2010 African Cup of Nations, he was demoted to serve as the coach of the Nigerian B-team (Home-Based Eagles) and Lars Lagerbäck was installed in his place before the 2010 World Cup.

Amodu also led Nigeria to the AFCON bronze medal at Mali 2002 and Angola 2010. Other accomplishments include Nigerian FA Cup titles with BCC Lions of Gboko and El Kanemi Warriors on multiple occasions. He has also managed Shooting Stars, BCC Lions, Orlando Pirates and Sharks F.C.

Amodu was appointed technical director of Nigeria's national teams in May 2013.[6] In November he was named Technical Director of Bendel Insurance F.C., which includes being in charge of the club's youth development
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by robosky02(m): 7:59pm On Oct 12, 2014
Samson Siasia
In 2005, Samson Siasia coached the under 20 team (Flying Eagles), taking them to the finals of both the 2005 Under-20 World Cup and the U-20 African Youth Championship. He won the African Youth Championship and advanced all the way to the world final – before losing to Argentina 2–1. He also assisted Augustine Eguavoen in coaching the national team.

Samson Siasia was appointed national U-23 coach on January 2007. In 2008, he coached the Nigerian Under-23 Olympic squad to the final against Argentina. In a superbly played series of matches, Nigeria's team earned the Olympic Silver Medals. Earlier in 2008, the U-23 team won the inaugural Intercontinental Cup in Malaysia. This fine team was composed entirely of domestic Nigerian players and won the Cup against many teams headed for the 2008 Summer Olympic Games.

In addition to his position as head coach of the Under 23 Olympic Eagles, he developed a youth academy in the capital city Abuja, called SiaOne Soccer Academy. On 17 March 2009, he was reappointed as the head coach of the under-20 team after the finished a disappointing 3rd in the 2009 African Youth Championship. He received a six-month contract to coach Heartland F.C. in July 2010.[4] On 4 November 2010, he was named as the national team coach to succeed Swedish Lars Lagerbäck. He was fired on 28 October 2011 for failing to take the Nigeria team to the 2012 African Nations Cup in Gabon & Equatorial Guinea.
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by robosky02(m): 8:13pm On Oct 12, 2014
Finidi George
Real Mallorca youth team coach Finidi George has extended a come-get-me call to the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) by disclosing he is ready and available to work with any of the country’s setup. Nicknamed ‘gazelle’ during his playing days, the 42-year-old former Nigeria international, who appeared in the USA

Finidi made his debut for Nigeria in 1991, in an Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Burkina Faso, providing three assists for Rashidi Yekini and scoring once in a 7–1 win. He helped the national team win the 1994 edition of the tournament in Tunisia, and also achieved one second and two third-place finishes.

Finidi represented Nigeria in two FIFA World Cups, 1994 and 1998.[7] In the former, held in the United States, the national team won its group but exited in the round-of-16 against eventual finalists Italy. He scored against Greece in a 2–0 win, proceeding to mimic a urinating dog whilst celebrating.

In the 1998 tournament in France, Finidi also played in all the matches, with Nigeria meeting the same fate, at the hands of Denmark. He had already vowed to quit international football prior to the competition,[9] and gained a total of 62 caps.
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by robosky02(m): 8:26pm On Oct 12, 2014
Sunday Oliseh
Sunday Oliseh was a ferocious force for Nigeria’s Super Eagles during the best moments in their history. Now retired and living in Belgium, the former holding midfielder is currentle a FIFA technical director. and football analyst cum consultant.
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by oseo1(m): 8:30pm On Oct 12, 2014
Oliseh or finidi, they both have excellent football minds

2 Likes

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by robosky02(m): 4:27pm On Oct 13, 2014
oseo1:
Oliseh or finidi, they both have excellent football minds
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by sol2galay: 6:43pm On Oct 13, 2014
Siaone remain the answer,if u doubt me go through his match while handling super eagles and see how many matches he won and lost. If am not mistaking he lost only one match throughout his reign (against Argentina) and score handful of goals,hv nt score less than 2 goals in a match. He lost AFCON ticket due to saboutage by Odewinge whom he played just to please nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by robosky02(m): 7:32pm On Oct 13, 2014
is Siaone the peoples choice
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by chucky234(m): 10:44pm On Oct 13, 2014
robosky02:

Samson Siasia
In 2005, Samson Siasia coached the under 20 team (Flying Eagles), taking them to the finals of both the 2005 Under-20 World Cup and the U-20 African Youth Championship. He won the African Youth Championship and advanced all the way to the world final – before losing to Argentina 2–1. He also assisted Augustine Eguavoen in coaching the national team.

Samson Siasia was appointed national U-23 coach on January 2007. In 2008, he coached the Nigerian Under-23 Olympic squad to the final against Argentina. In a superbly played series of matches, Nigeria's team earned the Olympic Silver Medals. Earlier in 2008, the U-23 team won the inaugural Intercontinental Cup in Malaysia. This fine team was composed entirely of domestic Nigerian players and won the Cup against many teams headed for the 2008 Summer Olympic Games.

In addition to his position as head coach of the Under 23 Olympic Eagles, he developed a youth academy in the capital city Abuja, called SiaOne Soccer Academy. On 17 March 2009, he was reappointed as the head coach of the under-20 team after the finished a disappointing 3rd in the 2009 African Youth Championship. He received a six-month contract to coach Heartland F.C. in July 2010.[4] On 4 November 2010, he was named as the national team coach to succeed Swedish Lars Lagerbäck. He was fired on 28 October 2011 for failing to take the Nigeria team to the 2012 African Nations Cup in Gabon & Equatorial Guinea.

Dont even think of bringing this dude back to the national team, he knows little about the tactical aspect of the game and only hide behind the expertise of his Dutch friend Simon Kalika.

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by chucky234(m): 10:45pm On Oct 13, 2014
sol2galay:
Siaone remain the answer,if u doubt me go through his match while handling super eagles and see how many matches he won and lost. If am not mistaking he lost only one match throughout his reign (against Argentina) and score handful of goals,hv nt score less than 2 goals in a match. He lost AFCON ticket due to saboutage by Odewinge whom he played just to please nigerians.
LIAR

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by easyelliot(m): 11:47pm On Oct 13, 2014
Neither of them has what it takes right now. I don't know who but we need a coach who has coached successfully at club level, has a definitive identity in terms of style of play and lastly will work with the nff to put our best eleven forward.
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by adrainuche(m): 11:55pm On Oct 13, 2014
Sia 1
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by vokalguy(m): 4:21am On Oct 14, 2014
Foreign Technical Adviser, preferably Dutch. I love their 'total football' style. We have good attackers and I will say our defence is pretty solid. Midfield could be better though.
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by Buchukwu: 9:19am On Oct 14, 2014
Seriously, I think I'll make a good coach in Nigeria.
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by Goke7: 9:58am On Oct 14, 2014
unless we make drastic changes in terms of the players we field in our games by bringing in new and uncapped quality players no coach will go anywhere with the current pool of players we've been parading for the last five years even before keshi took over, we are deceiving ourselves thinking its just a coaching problem.

Everyone thought moyes was the problem at manu u until van gaal came and the trend continued, it took the coming in of players like di maria, falcao, blind and others for several millions of pounds to try and remedy the situation at least for now.

we need new and uncapped players now, if not any new coach will just continue the trend we've been seeing of late.

2 Likes

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by naijanoni(m): 10:29am On Oct 14, 2014
Goke7:
unless we make drastic changes in terms of the players we field in our games by bringing in new and uncapped quality players no coach will go anywhere with the current pool of players we've been parading for the last five years even before keshi took over, we are deceiving ourselves thinking its just a coaching problem.

Everyone taught moyes was the problem at manu u until van gaal came and the trend continued, it took the coming in of players like di maria, falcao, blind and others for several millions of pounds to try and remedy the situation at least for now.

we need new and uncapped players now, if not any new coach will just continue the trend we've been seeing of late.
I dont think our primary problem is players.
We're are not talking about the world stage.we're talking about africa now.
We have a great amount of relatively quality players to at least compete on the african stage.
Does congo have better players than nigeria ?.
Does south-africa have better players than nigeria ?.
Does sudan have better players than nigeria ?
Yet these teams are doing better than us currently.
Bro players isnt our main problem.
Our main problem right now is simply the coach.
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 14, 2014
All we are saying...
Give us siasia angry angry
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by KingTom(m): 10:36am On Oct 14, 2014
sol2galay:
Odemwingie who Keshi dropped to please himself and won Afcon! Abeg give the job to Joe Yobo grin
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by Goke7: 10:45am On Oct 14, 2014
naijanoni:

I dont think our primary problem is players.
We're are not talking about the world stage.we're talking about africa now.
We have a great amount of relatively quality players to at least compete on the african stage.
Does congo have better players than nigeria ?.
Does south-africa have better players than nigeria ?.
Does sudan have better players than nigeria ?
Yet these teams are doing better than us currently.
Bro players isnt our main problem.
Our main problem right now is simply the coach.

Now try and understand me better, the current players we have now especially those who won the nations' cup are becoming complacent, to them there is no challenge anymore, they feel so comfortable especially our starting eleven, this has been the bane of our football over the years, have you asked yourself why the 94/96 set failed at france 98, they could could not even win any of the african nations cup of 2000, 2002, 2004 and we had great players then with great local and foreign coaches respectively. Little success gets into the head of the average Nigerian player and they start declining so fast that weaker oppositions begin to mess them up, is this the first time we are loosing to very weak african sides? this has been a recurring problem for many years now, I repeat its more than a coaching problem, we keep changing coaches and keep having that problem can't you see?

Keshi will go but do you think the likes of emenike, echeijele, ambrose, oboabona, musa and all our starting eleven will get us to the promised land with the way they are playing or can we continue to rely on the likes of martins osaze and uche who are getting to close to retirement, those guys only want to get back to the national team after missing out for so long and play like they were playing before, what is their rating presently even in africa as we speak, we keep lying to ourselves that our players are top notch bro
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by naijanoni(m): 10:47am On Oct 14, 2014
Goke7:
[b]unless we make drastic changes in terms of the players we field in our games by bringing in new and uncapped quality players no coach will go anywhere with the current pool of players we've been parading for the last five years even before keshi took over, we are deceiving ourselves thinking its just a coaching problem.

Did anybody select players for keshi ?
Isn't it the coach that invites the players and field the players ?.
Who is to invite the "new and uncapped quality players" ?.
THE COACH !!.
But the coach simply chose to invite some of worst players ahead of the best.
So the coach is to blame,becos he makes the decisions on who to invite and who to field.
Can u boldly say the set of players keshi has been inviting are our possible best ??.
Hell no !.Since last year the sets of players keshi has been using is nowhere near our possible best.

Which top coach in the world would invite an austrian league bench-warmer ahead of d dutch league 2nd highest goal scorer ?.
Or a norweigian league bench-warmer ahead of a la liga regular ?

TACTICS

Which top coach would continue to use exactly d same tactics over and over again even when it keeps on failing ??.

Our attack was very useless against SA.
A top coach would have learnt a few things and made one or two changes.
But keshi decided to field exactly d same team against sudan,exactly the same tactics.

We might not have world class players,but we have better players than a lot of the ones keshi has been inviting.

Players may be part of the problem,but 80 percent of the problem is from the coach.
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by Goke7: 10:57am On Oct 14, 2014
naijanoni:

Did anybody select players for keshi ?
Isn't it the coach that invites the players and field the players ?.
Who is to invite the "new and uncapped quality players" ?.
THE COACH !!.
But the coach simply chose to invite some of worst players ahead of the best.
So the coach is to blame,becos he makes the decisions on who to invite and who to field.
Can u boldly say the set of players keshi has been inviting are our possible best ??.
Hell no !.Since last year the sets of players keshi has been using is nowhere near our possible best.

Which top coach in the world would invite an austrian league bench-warmer ahead of d dutch league 2nd highest goal scorer ?.
Or a norweigian league bench-warmer ahead of a la liga regular ?

TACTICS

Which top coach would continue to use exactly d same tactics over and over again even when it keeps on failing ??.

Our attack was very useless against SA.
A top coach would have learnt a few things and made one or two changes.
But keshi decided to field exactly d same team against sudan,exactly the same tactics.

We might not have world class players,but we have better players than the ones we keshi has been inviting.

Players may be part of the problem,but 80 percent of the problem is from the coach.

ok o i agree with you keshi is the problem, same thing we said about siasia, eguavoen, amodu, chukwu, westerhof, bora, troussier, bonfere jo and every other coach that has handled the team, they all lacked tactics too, same old story, I just hope we won't be back here to complain about the tactics of the new coach too.
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by naijanoni(m): 10:58am On Oct 14, 2014
On topic,Finidi looks decent.
I didn't want siasia before,but the way things are going
JOHN OBUH,Oliseh....... any change (aside amodu) would do.
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by naijanoni(m): 11:34am On Oct 14, 2014
Goke7:

ok o i agree with you keshi is the problem, same thing we said about siasia, eguavoen, amodu, chukwu, westerhof, bora, troussier, bonfere jo and every other coach that has handled the team, they all lacked tactics too, same old story, I just hope we won't back here to complain about the tactics of the new coach too.
Aside Westerhoff,bonfre jo,siasia keshi.
I never considered the rest as good coaches.
TBH a few months ago,i was one of keshi's biggest fans here on NL.
I defended him like say him bi my papa.
But man at times we've got leave sentiments aside and say d obvious truth.
One thing with these nigerian coaches(siasia and keshi) is that they let little success get into their brain.
Immediately they achieve something,
Their pride and ego get swollen and destroys everything They struggled to build.
A lot of people say keshi won the afcon by mere LUCK,but even till now i strongly disagree with that.
Keshi's strengths has never being tactics,he has never been a great tactician(right from the time he was togo coach),his strength is his coaching mentality and sometimes,his ability to motivate and inspire players(make them kill themselves on d pitch).
Majority of The players keshi used to win the afcon were average players on paper.
One of the reasons we won the afcon was unity,harmony and great understanding between the players,and keshi was the reason for this.
But immediately after winning the afcon,keshi's pride and ego started to swell as usual,he became more arrogant and started fighting with one player after the other.
Since the afcon our team has never been as united.

Same thing happened in togo.
During the 2006 world cup qualifiers,keshi formed a united togolese team.He qualified them for the world cup.
Immediately he qualified them,his pride and ego began to swell as usual,then he started fighting with the players,the FA and everyone.
He was sacked immediately.
Keshi has always been the architect of his own downfall.

He builds something,then he destroys it himself.

Same thing with many nigerian/african coaches.

5 Likes

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by Goke7: 12:11pm On Oct 14, 2014
naijanoni:

One thing with these nigerian coaches(siasia and keshi) is that they let little success get into their brain.
Their pride and ego get swollen and destroys everything They struggled to build.
A lot of people say keshi won the afcon by mere LUCK,but even till now i strongly disagree with that.
Keshi's strengths has never being tactics,he has never been a great tactician(right from the time he was togo coach),his strength is his coaching mentality and sometimes,his ability to motivate and inspire players(make them kill themselves on d pitch).
Majority of The players keshi used to win the afcon were average players on paper.
One of the reasons we won the afcon was unity,harmony and great understanding between the players,and keshi was the reason for this.
But immediately after winning the afcon,keshi's pride and ego started to swell as usual,he became more arrogant and started fighting with one player after the other.

During the 2006 world cup qualifiers,keshi formed a united togolese team.He qualified them for the world cup.
Immediately he qualified them,his pride and ego began to swell as usual,then he started fighting with the players,the FA and everyone.

I agree with your post and that's what i was trying to say in my earlier post, little success gets into the head of the average Nigerian player and you have captured that very well in your post and that's why I will never support the appointment of siasia, oliseh, finidi or any ex player as coach, they are the same thing with keshi, full of ego and very stubborn especially the 94 set who believe they are the best Nigerian players ever, we would only have same problem with whoever becomes the next coach. if an oliseh becomes coach and he selects his players do you think anyone can change his mind? never i tell u, same for others too

My take is until we have true professionals at the helm of affairs at nff and nff becomes truly independent of the Govt especially in the area of funding we'll keep having issues with the super eagles. The nff is the root of the problem of our football, they have no future plan, why was it difficult to replace keshi after the world cup in the first place, why not ask him to go if you cannot renew his contract these are questions we should be asking, of the course the answer is no plan, truth be told nff has no replacement for keshi, we are going back to one of those former coaches and i don't think they have the money to get a foreign coach except only its six months to a world cup.

My only grouse with keshi is that he would have begged the presidency to allow him go after the world cup, its no use working with people who don't see anything good in you, I feel keshi lacked enough confidence to quit after the world cup, he would have gotten another job, even Ghana is still looking for a coach. Keshi perhaps thought he will be jobless for too long and he goofed cos after afcon early next year, countries would have scrambled for his signature esp those that won't do well. I wish him well he has done his bit no doubt.
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by robosky02(m): 4:22pm On Oct 14, 2014
chucky234:
Dont even think of bringing this dude back to the national team, he knows little about the tactical aspect of the game and only hide behind the expertise of his Dutch friend Simon Kalika.

a wise man doesnt only use his own braine but all the available wise head around.
thats what make Sia one exceptional.

ask Westerhof who was the man reading match and doing the technical work Jo Bonfrere

thats what Keshi fail to learn from Westerhof and that why he is failing ........... not able to read match or have someone do it for him
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by chucky234(m): 4:44pm On Oct 14, 2014
robosky02:

a wise man doesnt only use his own braine but all the available wise head around.
thats what make Sia one exceptional.

ask Westerhof who was the man reading match and doing the technical work Jo Bonfrere

thats what Keshi fail to learn from Westerhof and that why he is failing ........... not able to read match or have someone do it for him
Both Westerhof and Jo Bonfre were average coaches, you prolly didnt see Siasia's team to the U20 World cup in Egypt, dude is way overrated and the fact that he is jobless says it all.
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by robosky02(m): 4:48pm On Oct 14, 2014
naijanoni:

i agree with you intoto

ok look at his record after AFCON

in the last 11 matches played check the result

matches played 11
win 1
drew 5
loss 5

The winning over bosnia is even questionable

check the statistics:

2014-10-11 Sudan 1-0 Nigeria AFCON Qualifiers
2014-09-10 South Africa 0-0 Nigeria AFCON Qualifiers
2014-09-06 Nigeria 2-3 Congo AFCON Qualifiers

2014-06-30 France 2-0 Nigeria World Cup
2014-06-25 Nigeria 2-3 Argentina World Cup
2014-06-21 Nigeria 1-0 Bosnia and Herzegovina World Cup
2014-06-16 Iran 0-0 Nigeria World Cup
2014-06-07 USA 2-1 Nigeria Friendly
2014-06-04 Nigeria 0-0 Greece Friendly
2014-05-28 Nigeria 2-2 Scotland Friendly
2014-03-06 Mexico 0-0 Nigeria Friendly
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by robosky02(m): 4:50pm On Oct 14, 2014
chucky234:
Both Westerhof and Jo Bonfre were average coaches, you prolly didnt see Siasia's team to the U20 World cup in Egypt, dude is way overrated and the fact that he is jobless says it all.

na waoo
ok even Barca coach was jobless for a while before going to Beryarn

look a good coach is never desperate. they come for him. not by loby
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by chucky234(m): 5:06pm On Oct 14, 2014
robosky02:

na waoo
ok even Barca coach was jobless for a while before going to Beryarn

look a good coach is never desperate. they come for him. not by loby
Guadiola was never jobless as PSG,Chelsea, Man U and Bayern Munich were after his signature but he chose to take a year off before finally committing to Bayern after the resignation of Juup Henckens.
Siasia could not even succeed with a mere Nigerian club playing in our poor league, he was sacked after series of poor results.
Watch clips of Keshi's Mali team to the AFCON then you will understand why Keshi is way better than Siasia.
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by robosky02(m): 5:37pm On Oct 14, 2014
John Obuh enters the race to coach super eagles

he is a Nigerian football manager. He is was in charge of the Nigerian under-20 team and Enugu Rangers of the Nigeria Premier League.[2]

He was in charge of Nigeria's under-17 team during the 2009 FIFA U-17 World Cup after leaving Kwara United due to a payment dispute.[3]
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Take Over From Keshi? by Dgaffer(m): 6:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
Personally, I love Siaone tacts cos he plays offensive game ad hs game is enjoying unlike keshi dat plays heartattack football.... Aside dat Nation Cup he won, his game are not enjyable.... I would prefer Olisha 2 cum ad try or dey shld gv it back 2 sia1 cos I belivd dat he has learnt his lessons by nw cos he learned 2ru d Hard way 4real

(1) (2) (Reply)

2 Sure Odd For You. / Spotted Flying Over Anfield During Liverpool V West Ham (Photo) / See The $1m Emerald Belt For The Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao Boxing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.