Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,369 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

If Nigeria Was Ghana, Would Keshi Still Have A Job? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / If Nigeria Was Ghana, Would Keshi Still Have A Job? (677 Views)

Stephen Keshi Still Remains Eagles Coach - Chris Giwa / If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign / London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Nigeria Was Ghana, Would Keshi Still Have A Job? by Marlbron: 8:52pm On Oct 12, 2014
First off, I am not remotely Ghanaian, but I was impressed that they sacked their coach even after winning against Togo. Reason? His target at the world cup was not met.

Coming back home. Were our FA impressed by Keshi's team during the world cup? What exactly was his target?

Analysing his matches since the WC show the man thinks too much of his coaching skills. Ok, he won AFC, but lots of folks would tell you it was mainly from the boys determination, not from any master coaching by Keshi. No, matter he took most of the accolades-cue endorsements left, right and Centre. However, the WC, is not exactly as pedestrian as our African Nations Cup. The gap in knowledge and tactics was there against Argentina, France and Iran. Why was he then left on the job, seeing he had reached his coaching ceiling? Nepotism is common in Nigeria, but again the FA had been going from one contrived crises to another. No leadership, as with most things Nigerian. No leadership, no accountability, no responsibility.

One of the boys that ensured we got the cup was a little known local player-Mba. He jelled with Onazi and Mikel, making our midfield impregnable, and quick to transition. He had a tough time getting to Europe the be all and end all for African footballers. I cannot claim to know much about his deal, but sources say that his non availability in the recent Keshi squads has to do with Keshi feeling shortchanged on his transfer. Now I am not sure about this, but anyone watching what Keshi now offers as SE, will see a problem with the current team. The play for one us slow and lethargic, there is no cordination with the central striker. Players are static, no rubs to space, making them easy to defend against. Not just that, no counter attack, always lazy backward passes. I wonder what Keshi sees from the dugout?

Who is that no. 11?That bumbling oaf of a player. What does he bring to the team? Why does he get 70mins? He acts as - 1. And the no. 8 cannot pass, break play. What is the point of starting with Igiebor? You mean we do kit have better? What of MBA?

Ambrose is clearly a central defender, not a right back. Look for a mobile right back who can cross and beat a man, without passing backwards. Our Left back was also lacking match sharpness. His deputy at the world cup may have been a better shout.

The mist terrible in Sudan were our ball watching CB pair, who allowed a free header in their six yard box. Players are he really think, that us why they need a manager to reinforce the basics.

Is Keshi still that man? Would he be coaching Ghana with these results? Let me know your views. I think he should not.
Re: If Nigeria Was Ghana, Would Keshi Still Have A Job? by adioolayi(m): 8:57pm On Oct 12, 2014
VDB still the coach of Spanish national team...leave Keshi...He will resign if he can't take the humiliation amymore grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Was Ghana, Would Keshi Still Have A Job? by Marlbron: 5:31am On Oct 13, 2014
Del Bosque is in another class. Won the world cup, European cup as well. Nothing new for him to prove, except to show the world that his team's performance in Brazil was a fluke. He has the technical acumen and the players to bounce back.

Except we are ready not to qualify for the AFCON, and setting a record as the first champion from West Africa that did not qualify after winning. You cannot see a train accident unfold and refuse to do something.
Re: If Nigeria Was Ghana, Would Keshi Still Have A Job? by tuffgongjo(m): 11:16am On Oct 13, 2014
Marlbron:
Del Bosque is in another class. Won the world cup, European cup as well. Nothing new for him to prove, except to show the world that his team's performance in Brazil was a fluke. He has the technical acumen and the players to bounce back.

Except we are ready not to qualify for the AFCON, and setting a record as the first champion from West Africa that did not qualify after winning. You cannot see a train accident unfold and refuse to do something.
VDB proofed it was a fluke against Slovakia.

(1) (Reply)

Mike Tyson Vs. Ronaldo? / World Class IBOM Stadium In Uyo Set To Be Launched Tomorrow [see Photo] / South African Thulani Serero To Miss Qualifiers March With Super Eagles In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.