Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,667 members, 7,820,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign (19636 Views)

Nigeria Wins Women's 4x400m Gold At The African Athletics Championships / Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships / Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by Ptimes: 5:22pm On Feb 05, 2013
The Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi, has said that he could pack his bags and resign from office if his team wins the ongoing African Cup of Nations in South Africa.

Keshi said this at a press conference in South Africa while reacting to a question on whether he would still be with the team after the competition.

‘The most important thing is what I’m doing. If back home they don’t like what I’m doing well you can’t force someone to love you.

“If I win the cup I may pack and leave, I’m a professional coach, Nigeria is where my heart is and if there’s any more offer out there….,” Keshi said.

The coach, who won the Nations Cup as the captain of the Nigerian team at Tunisia 94, also said he has no problem working under a good foreign coach.

“I’m never against a white coach in Africa, but do not bring a mediocre coach from Europe.

“If you bring a good coach, I can learn from him. We have good African players but we didn’t give them opportunities because they’re black dude,” he said.

Keshi has led the Super Eagles to the semi-finals of the ongoing African Cup of Nations against expectations of a lot of Nigerians; and defeated tournament favourites and star—studded Cote d’ Ivoire in the quarter-finals.

He said Nigeria is not intimidated by players like Seidou Keita and Mamadou Diarra in Mali as the match would be decided on the field of play.

The coach said he enjoyed his time at Mali and wouldn’t mind returning there.

“It’s a place that I love, they’re wonderful people and if there’s a chance I will go back there,” he said.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/118729-if-nigeria-wins-nations-cup-i-may-resign-keshi.html

Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by bigtt76(f): 5:39pm On Feb 05, 2013
E crase continue? Abi e tink say anybody want am to remain? Mtscheeeeeeeew

2 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by bemagnify: 10:16pm On Feb 05, 2013
bigtt76: E crase continue? Abi e tink say anybody want am to remain? Mtscheeeeeeeew
no mind am! Yanga dn stat!

2 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by pboiskinpy(m): 10:17pm On Feb 05, 2013
If they win,make he know say na luck oo n kukuma resign make him pride de for amooo...
Na wetin Di Matteo for chelsea for do when they(by luckily)won the champions league and become a legend with full pride...

#i jux de pass oo(maka ndi utaa)

2 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by oluplus(m): 10:18pm On Feb 05, 2013
Whatever. Am more interested in the trophy.
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by 50calibre(m): 10:20pm On Feb 05, 2013
It's not time for big talk oh! They have started talking about winning the nations cup, forgeting they have two big hurdles to cross

Underrating Mali would be a severe error of judgement, they should treat Mali like they treated Ivory Coast

4 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by mshd5: 10:21pm On Feb 05, 2013
na lie in Nigeria
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by kubumilano(m): 10:21pm On Feb 05, 2013
Keshi,remain with us o,we love u

6 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 05, 2013
Watch out for part 2....
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by jimino(m): 10:23pm On Feb 05, 2013
keshi shld concentate on the work he has at hand b4 talking abt his future. afta bringings d cup to nigeria, dem he can decide 2 do wateva he wana do.

2 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by babaowo: 10:23pm On Feb 05, 2013
Naija nd drama!!! ibo nd proudness!

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by PosCaricature: 10:23pm On Feb 05, 2013
Na mouth he dey. N3m every month na joke.
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by Naijalane: 10:24pm On Feb 05, 2013
Hey keshi pls don't win it to avoid resigning grin

2 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 05, 2013
babaowo: Naija nd drama!!! ibo nd proudness!
With all due respect, his ethnicity is not the issue here.

5 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by felixtare(m): 10:25pm On Feb 05, 2013
Win d trophy first resign later no problem
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by Chinom(m): 10:26pm On Feb 05, 2013
He is simply looking for more money from the NFF. If he wins the cup, he will demand a huge raise inorder to lead us to the world cup. He may not get it and he's going nowhere.
He's just bluffing right now. Shakara levels..

2 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by bemagnify: 10:26pm On Feb 05, 2013
Naijalane: Hey keshi pls don't win it to avoid resigning grin
lolz
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by mich2012: 10:26pm On Feb 05, 2013

Say something meaningful or shut up/burn ur fingers!

2 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by Tjesctacy(m): 10:26pm On Feb 05, 2013
Resign ko resign ni, now he wan dey show himsef, abeg beat mali first and get into d finals.....
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by Tmum: 10:27pm On Feb 05, 2013
K bobo,u rlax nah....abi u wan dance alingo cus u don whn civ?
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by Tjesctacy(m): 10:29pm On Feb 05, 2013
Anoda ethnic bigo.t again... Mstcheeeeeeewwww... Ode.
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by Ganys: 10:29pm On Feb 05, 2013
yes, its better to leave the stage when the ovation is louder...Nigerian are unpredictable and double mouthed undecided

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by alphaconde(m): 10:29pm On Feb 05, 2013
Keshi no think am o, coaches still full nigeria o. The same way u found these players we can still find bunch of coaches. I advice stage on the stage since u sti got the ovation #myadvice
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by omicron(m): 10:29pm On Feb 05, 2013
pboiskinpy:
Na wetin Di Matteo for chelsea for do when they(by luckily)won the champions league and become a legend with full pride...
Di matteo is still a legend. And he left with his pride too...the shame is always with the impatient billionaire that is Abramovic. Up till now, chelsea fans still 'hail' di matteo every 16th minute of play in recognition of the man.
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by pekelepekele(m): 10:30pm On Feb 05, 2013
Format cheesy . Where he get wey he fit go , Shakara for an increment in salary

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:31pm On Feb 05, 2013

We can discuss this later. For now our focus should be Mali and Seydou Keita.
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by kassano22(m): 10:31pm On Feb 05, 2013
until you learn to difuse and disabuse your mind,its only then you can make meaningful comment and not those tribalistic Yoruba comments..metchew
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by Evergreen4(m): 10:31pm On Feb 05, 2013
He should pls win d cup first, weather he wants to remain d coach of super eagles or not, e no concern me.
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by SEYIKP(m): 10:32pm On Feb 05, 2013
SOME OF U LACK ABILITY TO COMPREHEND, CANT U GUYS SEE DAT HE WAS ANSWERING TO A QUESTION ASKED BY JOURNALIST, U ARE NOW SAYING HE'S PROUD, IF HE'S PROUD IS ON IS JOB.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by howardriddle: 10:32pm On Feb 05, 2013
hehe

meanwhile
--------
Best Regards
[url=jynch.com]the Nairaland of sports[/url]
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by zangiff(m): 10:34pm On Feb 05, 2013
omo see Format ohhh, maybe na salary increase the guy wan talk. Yanga yanga don start ohh. Levels

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by zangiff(m): 10:35pm On Feb 05, 2013
omo see Format ohhh, maybe na salary increase the guy wan talk. Yanga yanga don start ohh. Levels.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing / Garba Lawal Celebrates His 43rd Birthday Today / Lionel Messi Receives Alfredo Di Stefano Trophy And Pichichi Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.