Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,916 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? (1500 Views)

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / Women And Regret: When There Marry Someone Thinking He Is Rich(photo) / Wrong Reasons Why People Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? by nationwide1(m): 4:22am On Oct 13, 2014
I found this puzzling and deemed it pertinent to seek views of this forum. A girl friend of mine back in school got married a few months ago but told me on phone recently that I made her marry whom she never really loved. The husband is doing well and very cute.

I asked her how I caused it and she said she loved me and did everything to show it but I refused to ask her out. I thought we were only platonic friends although very good and close one. Unknowingly to me, she had a different thought.

Is it true people still marry whom they don't truly love?
Re: Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? by fuckshit: 5:56am On Oct 13, 2014
FÜCKING yes; people still FÜCKING marry someone they really do not FÜCKING love. grin grin
Re: Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 13, 2014
Abeg who is this guy above me ? undecided
Re: Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? by Wolison(m): 6:01am On Oct 13, 2014
Lacomus:
good morning bro
Re: Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? by dapsy4u2(m): 6:04am On Oct 13, 2014
@OP are u married now?
Re: Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? by qloreal: 6:05am On Oct 13, 2014
Ofcus...pipo do
Re: Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? by Nobody: 6:14am On Oct 13, 2014
Wolison:
good morning bro
Morning Sir, I hope you didn't tarry on nairaland grin
Re: Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? by Wolison(m): 6:19am On Oct 13, 2014
Lacomus:
Morning Sir, I hope you didn't tarry on nairaland grin
haaahah..........no
I just came on board few mins ago
But I guess you one of nairaland early doves
Re: Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? by Tallesty1(m): 6:22am On Oct 13, 2014
Yea.................

When the man is very rich,

When the woman is desperate.

When the guy is broke and cannot afford a wedding.

BTW it is very wrong of her to blame you for making a bad decision.
Re: Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? by Tallesty1(m): 6:22am On Oct 13, 2014
Yea.................

Re: Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? by priscaoge(f): 6:39am On Oct 13, 2014
Tallesty1:
Yea.................

End of Discussion grin
Re: Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? by nationwide1(m): 8:17am On Oct 13, 2014
Tallesty1:
Yea.................

Thanks bro. I saw ourselves as best of friends and some others who never knew us closely thought we were related. She would not have been desperate at 22 but certainly something influenced her decision. I did no wrong as she made me to think.
Re: Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 13, 2014
It has been happening and will continue to happen. People marry for different reasons. Love is just one of these reasons .
Re: Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 13, 2014
These days,marriages are born out of benefits, and convenience, rather than love....guys are getting married to women they have only lust for and ordinarily wouldn't marry if not for their bulky pockets....ladies marry who they don't want to out of desperation and pressure.....where is the love?
Re: Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? by Agrika: 3:49pm On Oct 13, 2014
Lacomus:
U mean u don't recognise him smiley
Re: Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2014
Very well,especially if the marriage is borne out situation beyond it,eg- marry someone because she's pregnant for him.

And at times,because of greed,or personal gain,or benefit.eg- a mother who forcefully married her daughter out to a rich man,usually without real consent of the daughter.
Re: Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? by KillerBeauty(f): 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2014
Yes. As long as marriage exist people will still marry who they don't love

1 Like

Re: Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2014
When the pressure is high, people go for anything as long as it will take you away from that single state.

Most of them end up bitter, with sad stories that you read on NL.
Re: Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? by bigheart2013(m): 5:29pm On Oct 13, 2014
So you and her, na who dey suffer her decision now? Silly reasons people give to commit suicide!!

Answer is Yes , 80% of people out there married people they didn't love, rather they loved something they had be it beauty, money, power, connections, height, size, se..x, good job, etc The bad news is 70% of that population are stuck in a loveless marriage, where they constantly plot and plan to kill each other. About 60% of that are either divorced or planning to divorce before the end of this year.
Re: Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? by pearls336: 8:30pm On Oct 13, 2014
Yes i av a frd who married a guy she dsnt love because age ws no longer on r side, ws clockn 30 nt dt old 2 me tho bt deir ws pressure on r and r bfrd of many yrs who she tot wud marry r proposed 2 is EX,up til 2day she stil talks abt r ex,d guy she finally gt married 2 is a rejectd toaster who always bugs r hes rich tho bt r EX ws richer so she neva tuk hm serios.bt as he disappointd r she ad 2 settle and marry ds toaster of rs did traditional marriage withn 3month of dating she dsnt rili love hm bt at lst shes married and Mrs somebody.she cmplains evritym dt r husband is nt romantic he dsnt talk so she console rself talkn wt r inlaws wen shes bored al ds jst 2 b mrs.

(1) (Reply)

7 Poisonous Beliefs That Make You Desperately Unhappy / A Single Mum Or Lady That Has Done So Many Abortions In The Past? / A Tenant's Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.