Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,227 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

One Spirit Many Gifts - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / One Spirit Many Gifts (614 Views)

My Encounter With Mami-wata Spirit / poems in the spirit of AFRICA / The Spirit (A Short Religious Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Spirit Many Gifts by DrHappiness1(m): 3:47pm On Oct 13, 2014
ONE SPIRIT MANY GIFTS
By @uchechukwuozah
This story preaches UNITY,ONENESS & TOGETHERNESS

SCENE ONE
Scene one opens in Nnkadu's house,he calls his children and gives them the task ahead........

NNKADU-:: Okunduka!!! D bone of my bone, pls come my son.....igodo the wise one,pls come.....izeba the one whose beauty attracted the gods,pls come my daughter....Nturu the meek one,pls come my daughter....Come my children for d future is pregnant with uncertainties

OKUNDUKA-::: father u speak in the language of the gods, pls father speak to the hearing of men...

NTURU-:::father what is d problem

NNKADU-::: it take only the brave and united ones to give birth to the future....Igodo cuts in____(father what future are u talking about)

NNKADU-::: my children....calamities I see, sufferings I see....coming upon this land..u my children,,must go to the SAMBISA forest to get the golden spoon,else we shall all perish...

IZEBA-::: father how do we get to the great forest of SAMBISA...

NNKADU-::: the journey to SAMBISA is a dangerous one, very dangerous one, u shall cross seven mountains,seven valleys and d evil forest of DAS..but I will give u all u need for the journey....okunduka the great;to u I give this shape cutlass....,igodo the wise one; to u give give this touch....,Izeba the beautiful one; to u I give food...,and nturu my last seed; to u I give water..........Go my children go the gods are with u....

(Stage ends with the children going out of the room..and also there father)

SCENE TWO
Scene two opens in the evil forest of DAS

IGODO-::::hmmmm,we have being walking for 4 market weeks now, I think we should camp for two days,so as the renew our strength.....nturu cuts in..thank u igodo; my muscles are already begging for rest

OKUNDUKA-:::I ve always known u to be a weakling,but now I must confess u re acting cowardly..:how der u ask for a rest wen u kw the task ahead....Izeba cuts in..;okunduka we are all tired,I think we should rest......Shut up! says okunduka...how der u talk wen am talking...insort I am going on my own; and okunduka lives

(Remaining igodo,izeba and nturu)
Nturu-::: pls let's travel east I think dats the right way to pass

Igodo-:::No let's travel north it is the rite path

Izeba-::: we cannot possibly go through east or north,we should go through the west,since we are coming from the south...

Igodo-:::am tired of u all....I think its high time we all go our separate ways, after all Okunduka has long gone

Izeba-:::I agree with u...let's travel separately am tired of dealing with men

Nturu-:::if that will happen then,am going back(she turns back and lives)

(Stage ends with izeba going east and igodo going north)

SCENE THREE

The stage opens at NNKADU's house. Already he is expecting his children

NNKADU--:: its being 18 market weeks since I sent my children on this great journey..I hope they are good,they are suppose to be here by now....may the gods keep them...hmm...

(a voice shouting ........)

NTURU--:: father!! Forgive me, forgive me father,for I could not get d golden spoon....

NNKADU-::: my daughter..oh my daughter where are ur brothers

(Another voice from outside....)

IGODO-::: father forgive for I could not get d golden spoon..at point I needed cutlass, to pass through the thick forest but I had non...

NNKADU-:::oh my son igodo....oh..what of Izeba and okunduka...

(The cry of izeba cuts into...)

IZEBA--::: oh father forgive me...I ate all d food..i was tasty..,I need water..hence a failed..father...

NNKADU-::sadin pains) oh my daughter izeba...oh wot a pain...okunduka d great where are thou..!!! He shouted...

(Okunduka's voice from background...)

OKUNDUKA-:::oh father my strength wasn't enough..as I cut through the forest..,night came and I couldn't go further,cos I had no light...I got hungry and thirsty...am sorry father for the great warrior could not succeed...

NNKADU--:::oh foolish children oh mine..by strength shall no one prevail..on man can do it all alone..in the journey of life my children....,three tins is needed...ONENESS+UNITY+TOGETHERNESS...without these..no group can succeed... No tree in the forest is irrelevant..,..(Facing the audience--:: In the work of christ..nobody is irrelevant,u sitting there thinking because u are the head od a group u are supreme..no u are not..d usher in a church is of same relevant in d sight of God with the paster...CAN 2 WORK TOGETHER EXPECT THEY AGGREE?? No d answer is...d choir unit of d church is as important as the drama as well as prayer unit...NOTE: in the sight of GOD we are of same importance...THINK PEOPLE OF GOD... THINK....
THE END

(drama ends and cast bow to d audience) Written by Uchechukwu Ozah(DR SMILES) DD IBNW,NCCF...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

. / True Facts Of World & The Hereafter / If He Doesn't Propose, Then I Will: Desperation VS Reality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.