Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

What Did Jesus Eat? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did Jesus Eat? (759 Views)

Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "I And The Father Are One" In John 10:30? / Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did Jesus Eat? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:26pm On Oct 13, 2014
What Did Jesus Eat?

When speaking of Jesus, the Bible tells us "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made" (John 1:3).

When the Maker of all things became a human being, this is what He ate (and specifically commended):

butter, honey, fish, bread, and lamb, as well as commending beef and eggs.

Butter and honey: "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good" (Isaiah 7:14-15).

Fish: Jesus said "Have you any food here? And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of a honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them" (Luke 24:41).

Bread: "And [Jesus] took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me" (Luke 22:19).

Lamb: "And [Jesus] said to them, I have earnestly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer" (Luke 22:15).

Beef: Jesus said that a barbecue is a fitting way to celebrate God’s love for penitent sinners: "And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry..." (Luke 15:23).

Eggs: In speaking of eggs, Jesus said that they are good gifts to give to children: "Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children..." (Luke 11:12-13).

www.livingwaters.com

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 12 October 2014
Re: What Did Jesus Eat? by Onlinebizexpert(m): 4:43pm On Oct 13, 2014
Chai jesus loved protein ooiio

No wonder he grew in spirit and in truth

And he no heavy when he ascend go heaven

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did Jesus Eat? by davdandam(m): 4:54pm On Oct 13, 2014
Onlinebizexpert:

Heheheheheh but them dey sing say Jesus Na biggy man who no know am call am small boy. ...plz enlighten me o
Re: What Did Jesus Eat? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2014
Onlinebizexpert:

cheesy
Re: What Did Jesus Eat? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:30pm On Oct 17, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

What Did Jesus Eat?

When speaking of Jesus, the Bible tells us "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made" (John 1:3).

When the Maker of all things became a human being, this is what He ate (and specifically commended):

butter, honey, fish, bread, and lamb, as well as commending beef and eggs.

Butter and honey: "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good" (Isaiah 7:14-15).

Fish: Jesus said "Have you any food here? And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of a honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them" (Luke 24:41).

Bread: "And [Jesus] took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me" (Luke 22:19).

Lamb: "And [Jesus] said to them, I have earnestly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer" (Luke 22:15).

Beef: Jesus said that a barbecue is a fitting way to celebrate God’s love for penitent sinners: "And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry..." (Luke 15:23).

Eggs: In speaking of eggs, Jesus said that they are good gifts to give to children: "Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children..." (Luke 11:12-13).

www.livingwaters.com

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 12 October 2014

What did Jesus eat?
Re: What Did Jesus Eat? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:29pm On Oct 13, 2019
Onlinebizexpert:

Those vegetarians are missing alot. cool

1 Like

Re: What Did Jesus Eat? by orunto27: 5:02pm On Oct 13, 2019
Unleaven Bread, Ogi-Eko, Honey, Shapatti, Asun, General Suya and Kano Suya.

(1) (Reply)

Similarities In Islam And Christianity. / Which Is Better, Praying Longer Or Shorter Prayer? / The Way To Paradise -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.