Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss (12852 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians / Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 12, 2013
I am opening this thread so that over the next few days or even weeks , we can discuss this topic in great detail and come to a conclusion as to what the bible really says on this issue.

My position is that Jesus did not preexist , instead he was born as a MAN having fulfilled all the prophecies concering him regarding his birth.

I am little busy now, so carry on and I will join you later on.

Please let us not behave like the pro-trinitarians on this board who resort to abuse and insults , let us leave it civil.
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 12, 2013
Wasnt it through him other things were made?
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 12, 2013
FROSBEL YOU DO ERR NOT KNOWING SCRIPTURES SMDH >>>> JOHN 1 VS 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

>>>>> JOHN 1 VS 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

>>>> REVELATION 19 VS 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God

SO I THINK I HAVE PROVEN BEYOND A SHOW OF A DOUBT THAT CHRIST EXISTED BEFORE HE WAS BORN wink wink

5 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by Mranony: 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2013
Hahaha, this was precisely what I wanted to discuss with Mr frosbel some time ago. Well, now Mr frosbel has brought up the topic himself, let me ask;

Frosbel, why do you think that Jesus Christ did not pre-exist His birth?
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by honeychild(f): 5:04pm On Jun 12, 2013
Jesus did not mince words he made it abundantly clear about his pre-human existence

John 6:38-for I have come down from heaven not to do my will, but the will of him who sent me.

John 8:23 - but he continued, you are from below, I am from above. You are from this world, I am not from this world.

John 17:5 - Father glorify me in your presence with the glory I had alongside you before the world was created.

In fact, just read through any of the gospel accounts, the references to Jesus pre-human existence are just too many to dispute.

5 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by Boomark(m): 9:35pm On Jun 12, 2013
John 3:13
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.
1 Corinthians 15:47
The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

I hope these scriptures are convincing. If you are wondering what he was doing at that time, then you have to revisit the angel Micheal thread. wink
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 12, 2013
Segeggs: Wasnt it through him other things were made?

I understand where you are coming from bro, but before I delve into my 'ignorance' , if all things were made through Jesus, the question is in what form was Jesus during this period and what name did he go by ?
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 12, 2013
[quote author=honeychild]Jesus did not mince words he made it abundantly clear about his pre-human existence

John 6:38-for I have come down from heaven not to do my will, but the will of him who sent me.

He indeed came from heaven , he came from GOD through the Spirit of GOD overshadowing Mary and his resultant birth into the world. His source is therefore not earthly but heavenly.

John 8:23 - but he continued, you are from below, I am from above. You are from this world, I am not from this world.

This fits in nicely with my explanation above.

John 17:5 - Father glorify me in your presence with the glory I had alongside you before the world was created.

This was the foreordained glory that was prepared for Jesus before the foundation of the world and which he achieved by fulfilling prophecy and is not seated at the right hand of GOD.
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 4:13pm On Jun 21, 2013
I fully agree with you frosbel. I also believe that Yahshua was "a man" and not a "God-man" as many deceptively teach. Scripture clearly teaches that the Messaih had the same origin as all men and mankind most certainly did not pre-exist their birth.
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 21, 2013
Frank4YAHWEH: I fully agree with you frosbel. I also believe that Yahshua was "a man" and not a "God-man" as many deceptively teach. Scripture clearly teaches that the Messaih had the same origin as all men and mankind most certainly did not pre-exist their birth.

Amen Bro, blessings.

The Trinity denies the FULL Humanity of Jesus and by suggesting that he was a GOD MAN , this doctrine of demons makes it difficult for us to relate to his weaknesses, temptations and sufferings.
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 21, 2013
Frank4YAHWEH: I fully agree with you frosbel. I also believe that Yahshua was "a man" and not a "God-man" as many deceptively teach. Scripture clearly teaches that the Messaih had the same origin as all men and mankind most certainly did not pre-exist their birth.
are you guys now saying that he never existed until he was born?
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 21, 2013
Segeggs: are you guys now saying that he never existed until he was born?

yep.
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by shdemidemi(m): 9:58pm On Jun 21, 2013
Frosbel and all his unedifying arguments, What is this again? I won't be surprise if you wake up one day to say the bible is just a story book, and of course you would always find a document to back it up online. Imagine him challenging scripture with his 'all knowing' fore brain without using scripture to his defence.
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 21, 2013
lol.traditions of men.definitely not scriptural. I wonder who is a false teacher now.
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 21, 2013
shdemidemi: Frosbel and all his unedifying arguments, What is this again? I won't be surprise if you wake up one day to say the bible is just a story book, and of course you would always find a document to back it up online. Imagine him challenging scripture with his 'all knowing' fore brain without using scripture to his defence.

Well the same way you think you know it all grin

Anyway , let me explain:

"This is how Jesus the Messiah was born. His mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph. But before the marriage took place, while she was still a virgin, she became pregnant through the power of the Holy Spirit." - This is how Jesus the Messiah was born. His mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph. But before the marriage took place, while she was still a virgin, she became pregnant through the power of the Holy Spirit - Matthew 1:18

The verse above explains, if you remove all the complex theology of incarnation , the simple and natural process by which Jesus came into the world just like any other MAN ,with one small difference, his mother conceived not by the implanted seed of MAN ,but by the Power of the Holy Spirit.

You begin to wonder why Jesus said these things have been revealed to babes, it is the wise who form volumes and volumes of garbage called theology and end up muddling the simple process by which the Messiah was born into the world.

In fact this was predicted in Psalms by David when he said :

"The king proclaims the LORD's decree: "The LORD said to me, 'You are my son. Today I have become your Father." - Psalm 2:7

Clearly there was a DAY that Jesus became the Son of GOD and this was when Mary gave birth to him.

The Messiah came in the flesh, he did not come as some greek mythological half god and half man, that is the stuff of Pagans.

Let's look at another beautiful scripture :

Psalm 80:17-19
New International Version (NIV)
17 Let your hand rest on the man at your right hand,
the son of man you have raised up for yourself.
18 Then we will not turn away from you;
revive us, and we will call on your name.

Clearly Jesus was raised up for a purpose that God has planned throughout the ages , for the salvation of his people and thus the entire world.

Moses attested to this when he said :

"The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him." - Deuteronomy 18:15

Clearly God was going to raise his SON from among the people of GOD , for the salvation of the whole world.

Jesus was a 100% MAN and Son of the living GOD.

Why make a simple case complex ?

smiley

For further reference read Matthew 1:21 .
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by shdemidemi(m): 11:07pm On Jun 21, 2013
frosbel:

Well the same way you think you know it all grin
Anyway , let me explain:
"This is how Jesus the Messiah was born. His mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph. But before the marriage took place, while she was still a virgin, she became pregnant through the power of the Holy Spirit." - This is how Jesus the Messiah was born. His mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph. But before the marriage took place, while she was still a virgin, she became pregnant through the power of the Holy Spirit - Matthew 1:18
The verse above explains, if you remove all the complex theology of incarnation , the simple and natural process by which Jesus came into the world just like any other MAN ,with one small difference, his mother conceived not by the implanted seed of MAN ,but by the Power of the Holy Spirit.
You begin to wonder why Jesus said these things have been revealed to babes, it is the wise who form volumes and volumes of garbage called theology and end up muddling the simple process by which the Messiah was born into the world.
In fact this was predicted in Psalms by David when he said :
"The king proclaims the LORD's decree: "The LORD said to me, 'You are my son. Today I have become your Father." - Psalm 2:7

Clearly there was a DAY that Jesus became the Son of GOD and this was when Mary gave birth to him.
The Messiah came in the flesh, he did not come as some greek mythological half god and half man, that is the stuff of Pagans.
Let's look at another beautiful scripture :

Psalm 80:17-19
New International Version (NIV)
17 Let your hand rest on the man at your right hand,
the son of man you have raised up for yourself.
18 Then we will not turn away from you;
revive us, and we will call on your name.

Clearly Jesus was raised up for a purpose that God has planned throughout the ages , for the salvation of his people and thus the entire world.
Moses attested to this when he said :
"The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him." - Deuteronomy 18:15
Clearly God was going to raise his SON from among the people of GOD , for the salvation of the whole world.
Jesus was a 100% MAN and Son of the living GOD.
Why make a simple case complex ?
:For further reference read Matthew 1:21 .

It seem anything you cannot grasp is pagan to you.. Anyway, Christ is the physical image of the father. The scripture says in Acts 7:1-2

“Then said the high priest, Are these things so? (And Stephen answers.) 2. Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory (What’s the word?) appeared unto our father Abraham when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Haran.”

Now the word appeared there is the Greek word optomahei, from which we get optometry. And it literally is translated—visibly seen.

Also, in Genesis 17:1

“And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, (That’s almost a hundred.) the LORD (Now what’s the word?) appeared (Visibly. Physically. In human form. Temporarily.) unto Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; (Now, the Hebrew word there is El Shaddai, the Almighty.) walk before me, and be thou perfect.” In other words, be upright and be a mature man of faith.
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 21, 2013
shdemidemi:

It seem anything you cannot grasp is pagan to you.. Anyway, Christ is the physical image of the father. The scripture says in Acts 7:1-2

“Then said the high priest, Are these things so? (And Stephen answers.) 2. Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory (What’s the word?) appeared unto our father Abraham when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Haran.”

Now the word appeared there is the Greek word optomahei, from which we get optometry. And it literally is translated—visibly seen.

Also, in Genesis 17:1

“And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, (That’s almost a hundred.) the LORD (Now what’s the word?) appeared (Visibly. Physically. In human form. Temporarily.) unto Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; (Now, the Hebrew word there is El Shaddai, the Almighty.) walk before me, and be thou perfect.” In other words, be upright and be a mature man of faith.

You are getting more and more confused Bro, come back to the basics.

smiley
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by shdemidemi(m): 11:30pm On Jun 21, 2013
frosbel:

You are getting more and more confused Bro, come back to the basics.

smiley

bet you never saw it that way, talk scriptures bro.
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 22, 2013
honeychild: Jesus did not mince words he made it abundantly clear about his pre-human existence

In fact, just read through any of the gospel accounts, the references to Jesus pre-human existence are just too many to dispute.

Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by deSika(m): 8:44am On Jun 22, 2013
The person who says frosbel is not a false prophet is only deceiving himself. There is a thin line between frosbel and atheism

3 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by Mranony: 9:05am On Jun 22, 2013
deSika: The person who says frosbel is not a false prophet is only deceiving himself. There is a thin line between frosbel and atheism
Nah, frosbel isn't an atheist he's only a heretic
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by shdemidemi(m): 9:15am On Jun 22, 2013
Mr anony:

I second this opinion
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 22, 2013
Mr anony:

who cares about your opinion , lol.

Michael Servetus was also called a heretick and killed by Calvin ( so called Christian ), I would rather stand with the minority and the word of GOD than belong to the crowd who adhere to orthodox deception.

smiley
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 22, 2013
shdemidemi:

I second this opinion

what is the condition for salvation ? Certainly not what some of you here falsely claim !

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 9:10

"Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned." - Matthew 16:16

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them.

Acts 2:38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 16:31 They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved --you and your household

These are ALL glaring bible verses that lay down quite nicely the condition for salvation and eternal life, yet false teachers such as yourself twist this to mean we must believe that Jesus preexisted or is GOD to be saved.

Read your bible bro and stop propagating tradtion.

smiley
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by shdemidemi(m): 10:07am On Jun 22, 2013
frosbel:

what is the condition for salvation ? Certainly not what some of you here falsely claim !

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 9:10

"Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned." - Matthew 16:16

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them.

Acts 2:38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 16:31 They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved --you and your household

These are ALL glaring bible verses that lay down quite nicely the condition for salvation and eternal life, yet false teachers such as yourself twist this to mean we must believe that Jesus preexisted or is GOD to be saved.

Read your bible bro and stop propagating tradtion.

smiley

Are we talking about salvation here, are you ok bro?
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 22, 2013
shdemidemi:

Are we talking about salvation here, are you ok bro?

By implication yes, because you seconded an opinion which referred to me as a heretick , for calling Jesus the Son of GOD and not GOD , for refusing to believe that he pre-existed , but to stick to the scriptures which says he was Born through a virgin.

smiley
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by shdemidemi(m): 10:26am On Jun 22, 2013
frosbel:

By implication yes, because you seconded an opinion which referred to me as a heretick , for calling Jesus the Son of GOD and not GOD , for refusing to believe that he pre-existed , but to stick to the scriptures which says he was Born through a virgin.

smiley

You are gradually deviating from the topic, you will end up arguing trinity on this thread. The issue here is, the bible gives more than enough evidence to show Christ existed even before He was made flesh.
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 22, 2013
shdemidemi:

You are gradually deviating from the topic, you will end up arguing trinity on this thread. The issue here is, the bible gives more than enough evidence to show Christ existed even before He was made flesh.

okay , forgive me,

Let's carry on.

If Jesus pre-existed before birth , how come he was totally oblivious to this surroundings as a baby, how come he did not display any supernatural powers until he was empowered by GOD through his spirit ?

We are talking here of GOD Almighty residing in the womb of a WOMAN , and yet he was not all wise, all knowing , all seeing etc. Stop joking bro.
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by shdemidemi(m): 10:31am On Jun 22, 2013
frosbel:

okay , forgive me,

Let's carry on.

If Jesus pre-existed before birth , how come he was totally oblivious to this surroundings as a baby, how come he did not display any supernatural powers until he was empowered by GOD through his spirit ?

We are talking here of GOD Almighty residing in the womb of a WOMAN , and yet he was not all wise, all knowing , all seeing etc. Stop joking bro.

I respect your concern and your question but your worries can not in any way demean what the scripture says about His pre-existence. I personally believe Christ placed the age of accountability for every child.
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by Mranony: 10:36am On Jun 22, 2013
frosbel:

who cares about your opinion , lol.

Michael Servetus was also called a heretick and killed by Calvin ( so called Christian ), I would rather stand with the minority and the word of GOD than belong to the crowd who adhere to orthodox deception.

smiley
Lol, of course you stand by your version of "the word of God" that denies God completely
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 22, 2013
Mr anony:
Lol, of course you stand by your version of "the word of God" that denies God completely

indeed, rather than anony's twisted and deceptive version .

smiley
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 22, 2013
shdemidemi:

I respect your concern and your question but your worries can not in any way demean what the scripture says about His pre-existence. I personally believe Christ placed the age of accountability for every child.

Which is why this article was raised, to discuss .

Let's have your first scripture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? / Great Men That Fell In Bible Because Of Women / Why Is Pope Francis Displaying Satan's Horns???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.