Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Are Nowadays Women Successful Than Their Male Counterparts? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Nowadays Women Successful Than Their Male Counterparts? (669 Views)

Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? / Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / What Is The Reason Why Grannies Like Calling Their Male Child Their Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Nowadays Women Successful Than Their Male Counterparts? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 13, 2014
My impression.

Aside Lagos, Port Harcourt is a cosmopolitan city with lot of industries, oil exploration activities, marine business, small and medium scale enterprise and the economic activities in the oil city is booming with unprecedented human and capital resources injected into it to increase its Gross Domestic Product thereby increasing individual's disposable income. No wonder living condition are rather expensive here.

I have lived all my life in this city and my observation of this Mini Nigeria is what motivated this study.

Port Harcourt like several other BIG cities in the country is where you find the filthy rich, the wealthy, the middle class and as well the peasants. But I have come to understand that there are uneven distribution of this wealth or am I missing something?

In this city, you find 2014 models of specific automobiles and they are driven by women. You see women riding in Brand New cars, pressing 14million+ naira automobiles, shopping in exclusive boutiques, having pedicure and manicure in high end beauty parlours, you see women at rendezvous, hanging out in exclusive shops, eateries, putting on expenses cloths, designers and uses all the latest gadgets.

Everywhere you turn, from school, supermarket and hangouts, you see them park this wonders on wheels. At churches, they compete for spaces to show off.

If their husbands/boyfriends are buying all these vehicles and footing their expensive lifestyle, why are their lifestyle not commensurate with their women uptown lifestyles or has our women started working in Jupiter?

Why out of 10 sophisticated and expensive vehicles, 8 are driven by women?

....Discuss and educate!
Re: Are Nowadays Women Successful Than Their Male Counterparts? by Princecalm(m): 8:41pm On Oct 13, 2014
Even though they are more women than men,women can never be successful than men.Women as we all know have taste for material things than men,they like a flamboyant life.What if those cars are for their husbands or what if the cars were bought by their husband becase of their high affinity for flashy things.Men naturally don't have time for their body up to women ,or you want a man to go to a haircut salon where computer are programmed to cut hair before you know that men have money.
Re: Are Nowadays Women Successful Than Their Male Counterparts? by Nobody: 1:58am On Oct 14, 2014
SeaGold post=27115849
:

If their husbands/boyfriends are buying all these vehicles and footing their expensive lifestyle, why are their lifestyle not commensurate with their women
you define ladies success with flashy vehicles and expensive lifestyle? 98% of those ladies are showing off their husby's wealth or from one "alhaji's" pocket.

(1) (Reply)

Question Of The Year?...it Will Get You Thinking!!! (A must read) / Shortening Joystick / Inspirational Story About A Father And Son ( Common Sense Is Not That Common)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.