Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Overheating And Suspected Blown-up Top Gasket In In Mitsubishi Space Gear - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Overheating And Suspected Blown-up Top Gasket In In Mitsubishi Space Gear (1247 Views)

Overheating – All You Need To Know / What Causes Overheating And How Can It Be Totally Prevented / 1999 Babyboy Overheating And Consuming Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Overheating And Suspected Blown-up Top Gasket In In Mitsubishi Space Gear by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 14, 2014
Hello great people,
Yesterday, at 10:36pm as I was retiring to bed, I received an email from a member of nairaland with moniker carluva, I don't drive a mistubishi, I've not troubleshoot one before, so I didn't know how to go about advising him specifically on his mitsubishi
Here is his message.

"Good day sir, i've been regular visitor in the car talk section for a while now and soo much respect your contributions and knowledge of cars. The Problem; my mum just git a mitsubishi space gear, the dealer sent one of his boys to deliver the vehicle from Lagos down to PH where we reside, dunno how the driver did it but somewhere on the outskirts of PH city the vehicle overheated and we think the top gasket is bad, although the case is with the Police right nw and we are not in any way obliged to collect the vehicle. I seek your opinion sir, do u think the engine would still function and "Last" as supposed of a tokumbo vehicle. I just want to make sure my mum doesn't make,a mistake by collecting the vehicle as the dealer is currently begging her to please accept it, he is ready to change whatever was damaged in the engine. your humble opinion sir, thanks for your time and God bless the works of your hand."

He urgently needs your assistance.
Please, lkenna351, Siena, gazzuzz, etc come to his help.

1 Like

Re: Overheating And Suspected Blown-up Top Gasket In In Mitsubishi Space Gear by IdaraCHODB(m): 9:48am On Oct 14, 2014
File a case with CPC - Consumer Protection Council. they helped me recover rent paid for a business premises in its entirety when I could not use the place

Ideally a car should be enjoyed from day 1 not endured from day 1.

Of course it can be fixed, but you will lose the use of the car until then, and then again what is the guarantee of the quality of the fix.

Ideally get your money back, start afresh

Don't be railroaded into an emotional decision, act based on the facts, and please get a lawyer along to ensure you don't negotiate away your rights, you are in a position of strength and the dealer is in a position of weakness.

But should you decide to accept the car, you MUST dictate the terms of such an agreement NOT the dealer.
Re: Overheating And Suspected Blown-up Top Gasket In In Mitsubishi Space Gear by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 14, 2014
Hey, Carluva hope you're reading along?

Thanks Idara, God bless.

1 Like

Re: Overheating And Suspected Blown-up Top Gasket In In Mitsubishi Space Gear by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:34am On Oct 14, 2014
lomomike:
Hello great people,
Yesterday, at 10:36pm as I was retiring to bed, I received an email from a member of nairaland with moniker carluva, I don't drive a mistubishi, I've not troubleshoot one before, so I didn't know how to go about advising him specifically on his mitsubishi
Here is his message.

He urgently needs your assistance.
Please, lkenna351, Siena, gazzuzz, etc come to his help.

its very simple the mum shouldnt accept the car

the car had a problems on its way to be delivered by the garage people, it was in the garages hands untill to be delivered in one piece and sounding ok of which it never reached the new owner

the dealer has 3 options

1 fix the car and then take it the woman and they should be a warrant of some sort

2 the dealer gives her another car

3 pay back her money
Re: Overheating And Suspected Blown-up Top Gasket In In Mitsubishi Space Gear by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2014
For me, its not your mother's fault. The car dealer should buy a new engine and fix it at his expense. Maybe the delivery driver did not pay attention to the temperature guage on the dashboard? So who do you think should pay for the driver's foolishness. Please do NOT play any emotional game.
1. New engine
2. New radiator sharp sharp

You can pray for him after he has fixed the car and every thing is working perfectly.
Re: Overheating And Suspected Blown-up Top Gasket In In Mitsubishi Space Gear by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:13pm On Oct 14, 2014
No long thing, let's just asume the engine knocked after overheating would we be having this story?

Please do not accep the car.

If you do please don't open thread on NL "problem with mitsubishi after replacing engine".
Re: Overheating And Suspected Blown-up Top Gasket In In Mitsubishi Space Gear by carluva(m): 3:27pm On Oct 14, 2014
Re: Overheating And Suspected Blown-up Top Gasket In In Mitsubishi Space Gear by carluva(m): 3:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
Its actually a 1999 Mitsubishi Space Gear.
Re: Overheating And Suspected Blown-up Top Gasket In In Mitsubishi Space Gear by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2014
I suspected you didn't want this on the forum, oh well.

A cylinder head gasket replacement, if this is what is wrong, is a routine repair (I did one last year on a mid engined car).

The crux of the matter is the repair process and to make sure that the car is not being "just repaired enough" for you to take delivery.

The gasket must be changed, the head must be planed, water pump and hoses replaced.

Good luck Sir.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

'Volks Wagen Touareg'. / Kia Motors Now On Konga – Buy Suvs Or Kia Cars Online From Konga / Land Rover Jeep -what About It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.