Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,684 members, 7,955,541 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:44 AM

Running A Transportation Within Lagos - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Running A Transportation Within Lagos (2664 Views)

Starting And Running A Hair Salon In Lagos, Nigeria / Starting A Transportation Business / Transportation Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Running A Transportation Within Lagos by chuks04: 11:05am On Oct 14, 2014
Dear NL,

Pls I need an advice. I have in mind of quitting my present job n use my savings(900k) for a transportation business probably geting a 14seater bus to ply within Lagos. I also want to drive this bus by myself.

Which way can I run ds biz dat it will not affect my person.(thinking about danfo drivers attitude).
Will it b more profitable for some 1 already earning 250k per month but doesn't time for himself n family.

Pls I need some advice from u guys. God bless.
Re: Running A Transportation Within Lagos by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 14, 2014
Hmm it's a good business. It's just that all these agbero(s) make it uneasy for drivers

1 Like

Re: Running A Transportation Within Lagos by moscobabs(m): 11:52am On Oct 14, 2014
chuks04:
Dear NL,

Pls I need an advice. I have in mind of quitting my present job n use my savings(900k) for a transportation business probably geting a 14seater bus to ply within Lagos. I also want to drive this bus by myself.

Which way can I run ds biz dat it will not affect my person.(thinking about danfo drivers attitude).
Will it b more profitable for some 1 already earning 250k per month but doesn't time for himself n family.

Im planning the same bro, But agbero are the problem oo.but I advice u to go ahead.

1 Like

Re: Running A Transportation Within Lagos by mrsage(m): 11:52am On Oct 14, 2014
Poster you are right on track. I am into tranaport business (cab service) so i understand the business.
You have made a wise decision to drive yourself.
What you need is to identify a good route. I can suggest some profitable routes within Lagos.
Also considef your location.

I have a nice concept that i can share with you.
With this you target working class people only as customers with your bus. You work out a convenient payment plan and good marketing strategies. It offers convenience for you and the customers. It is also slightly digferent from the traditional method and it is profitable.

Dont worry about agberos. You pay them their dues and get to make friends with the boss.
I will show you how.
Feel free to contacte lets share ideas. 08024130609

1 Like

Re: Running A Transportation Within Lagos by idu1(m): 11:53am On Oct 14, 2014
It is very profitable as u ll b driving it by urself. Nd u ll ve enough time for urself.
Re: Running A Transportation Within Lagos by koning: 11:58am On Oct 14, 2014
chuks04, if you drive the bus yourself in Lagos, you will never lose. It's very lucrative when you are the owner driver. I own a couple of buses in Lag. I received info that one of my drivers was boasting that he was making N10,000 for himself after given me the daily delivery of N6,000. It's a bigger bus (18 seater). This is because he was overworking the bus. This info got me so pissed off that i'm seriously considering driving that bus myself.
The beauty of driving the bus yourself is that you will decide when and how long you will work. Most owner drivers work only in the mornings and evenings. They take conservatively between 8 to 10k home daily.

Start small. Buy a fairly used bus, fix it very well and you are in biz. It's easy to deal with the Agberos if you are friendly. Make them your friend. I'm sure you can do that as an Igbo boy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Running A Transportation Within Lagos by chuks04: 1:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
mrsage:
Poster you are right on track. I am into tranaport business (cab service) so i understand the business.
You have made a wise decision to drive yourself.
What you need is to identify a good route. I can suggest some profitable routes within Lagos.
Also considef your location.

I have a nice concept that i can share with you.
With this you target working class people only as customers with your bus. You work out a convenient payment plan and good marketing strategies. It offers convenience for you and the customers. It is also slightly digferent from the traditional method and it is profitable.

Dont worry about agberos. You pay them their dues and get to make friends with the boss.
I will show you how.
Feel free to contacte lets share ideas. 08024130609

Thanks Big brother for your advice. Sure I ll contact you soon.
Re: Running A Transportation Within Lagos by chuks04: 2:01pm On Oct 14, 2014
idu1:
It is very profitable as u ll b driving it by urself. Nd u ll ve enough time for urself.

Thanks a million bro..
Re: Running A Transportation Within Lagos by chuks04: 2:03pm On Oct 14, 2014
koning:
chuks04, if you drive the bus yourself in Lagos, you will never lose. It's very lucrative when you are the owner driver. I own a couple of buses in Lag. I received info that one of my drivers was boasting that he was making N10,000 for himself after given me the daily delivery of N6,000. It's a bigger bus (18 seater). This is because he was overworking the bus. This info got me so pissed off that i'm seriously considering driving that bus myself.
The beauty of driving the bus yourself is that you will decide when and how long you will work. Most owner drivers work only in the mornings and evenings. They take conservatively between 8 to 10k home daily.

Start small. Buy a fairly used bus, fix it very well and you are in biz. It's easy to deal with the Agberos if you are friendly. Make them your friend. I'm sure you can do that as an Igbo boy.

Thanks Mr k. God bless.
Re: Running A Transportation Within Lagos by chuks04: 5:15pm On Oct 14, 2014
chuks04:
Dear NL,

More of your views guys pls!
Re: Running A Transportation Within Lagos by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 14, 2014
chuks04:
Dear NL,

Please don't quit ur Job, think of how you will execute ur business too, plan it well before quitting.

2 Likes

Re: Running A Transportation Within Lagos by chuks04: 7:36pm On Oct 14, 2014
More comments pls..
Re: Running A Transportation Within Lagos by OCTAVO: 11:49pm On Oct 14, 2014
OP, go ahead! Since you will be driving the bus yourself. I can bet you'll buy another bus in 6months. It's a good business.
Re: Running A Transportation Within Lagos by fizcoo20(m): 1:35am On Oct 15, 2014
OCTAVO:
OP, go ahead! Since you will be driving the bus yourself. I can bet you'll buy another bus in 6months. It's a good business.
with full commitments. he will accomplish his goal.
Re: Running A Transportation Within Lagos by chuks04: 10:34am On Oct 15, 2014
Wow! Am really really grateful for all the advice from good ppl of NL. May God bless u all in aboundance. Amen.
Re: Running A Transportation Within Lagos by chuks04: 10:38am On Oct 15, 2014
chuks04:
Dear NL,

More comments will b highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Re: Running A Transportation Within Lagos by Truth234(m): 11:36am On Oct 15, 2014
chuks04:
Dear NL,

The transport business is good if you manage it yourself but Oga, as someone that grow up in the business and even own a bus. I will suggest you do your research well. You are already earning 250k a month. No be beans and there is no way you will earn that a month with your bus unless you will over work o.

Have you considered other risks associated with the job? No be small o, that is why it is predominantly managed by the not so educated individuals. Be sure this is what you want to do or look into what mrsage suggested.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Running A Transportation Within Lagos by chuks04: 2:14pm On Oct 15, 2014
Truth234:

The transport business is good if you manage it yourself but Oga, as someone that grow up in the business and even own a bus. I will suggest you do your research well. You are already earning 250k a month. No be beans and there is no way you will earn that a month with your bus unless you will over work o.

Have you consider other risks associated with the job? No be small o, that is why it is predominantly managed by the not so educated individuals. Be sure this is what you want to do or look into what mrsage suggested.

Wow am impressed @Truth 234. Thanks n God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Running A Transportation Within Lagos by zealotoil: 8:07am On Oct 16, 2014
Do you use car trackers to make your monitoring easy? We take part of your job by constantly monitoring your fleet on a daily basis. No driver can give you excuse because digitally you can know any location he is at any particular point in time so no more lies. Contact me for further discussion and you will be glad you did. 08144307000 yesma45@yahoo.com
Re: Running A Transportation Within Lagos by BoyDimples: 10:38pm On Feb 26, 2015
Bros chuks I know this thread is a bit old just wanted to find out if u went ahead with d danfo and if your enjoying it. I myself want to buy one, but I won't drive it. I already own 2 keke marwa which I manage as hire purchase. The hire purchase would end soon so I'm thinking of buying a bus instead of buying another 2. I met an owner of a danfo who said the pay is better as long as d cash enters your account daily. Let me know pls. I just finished Nysc and no job. So man has to hustle. Thanx
Re: Running A Transportation Within Lagos by 4stylz: 10:14am On Sep 13, 2015
BoyDimples:
Bros chuks I know this thread is a bit old just wanted to find out if u went ahead with d danfo and if your enjoying it. I myself want to buy one, but I won't drive it. I already own 2 keke marwa which I manage as hire purchase. The hire purchase would end soon so I'm thinking of buying a bus instead of buying another 2. I met an owner of a danfo who said the pay is better as long as d cash enters your account daily. Let me know pls. I just finished Nysc and no job. So man has to hustle. Thanx

Good post; hope the keke bizness payed you well? And how is the danfo bizness; I am interested in buying one in lagos but I am not driving it. I like like for it to be on higher purchase.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Need Cheap Data Bundles? / 1xbet Is Now A Scam / What To Do On Seeing Poop In Front Of Your Office/businessin The Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.