Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Starting And Running A Hair Salon In Lagos, Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Starting And Running A Hair Salon In Lagos, Nigeria (6616 Views)

How To Start Profitable Hair Salon Business / Rules Of Starting And Growing A Successful Business In Nigeria / How Can One Start A Unisex Hair Salon Business & Be Successful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Starting And Running A Hair Salon In Lagos, Nigeria by 9jabizinfo: 12:47am On May 15, 2011
Hello Nairalanders,

First of all thank you all for the advice and help you render to people through your comments and responses. This particular business topic I find has been raised many times without much traffic or with posts that aren't too current so I thought to resurrect again and see what we can all learn. I am particularly interested in setting up the hair and nail salon in lagos but advice/information for other places in Nigeria are very welcomed too. The specifics I would like to know and I guess anyone with interest in setting this up would also like to know, include:

1. Cost of start-up and start-up items: rent, equipment etc, breakdown would be appreciated
2. If you know specific locations that are hot for salons, that would be nice too
3. Cost of running the business: power supply, hair supplies, staff costs etc
4. Recommendation for method of compensation for hair stylists: based on commission or fixed fee or some other method
5. Advice on challenges to look out for and so suggestions as to ways to deal with the challenges
6. If you are a supplier for any equipment or supplies needed for this kind of venture you can make yourself known and people can get in touch with you. If you are a marketer as well, POS expert or seller, consultant etc please let us know as well

And basically any other general or specific advice you have for doing business in Nigeria. I know this kind of venture and its related costs depend on location and other stuff so please feel to give any info/comment/advice etc. I am sure someone will find it useful, no info is too small or big. So whether or not you have a salon, the forum would love to hear from you.

Thanks!!!!!!

PS: please expect me to raise other topics on other small business ideas on other threads so we can deal with them one at a time. If this is not your expertise or area of interest, then there would be something for you on another business to be raised later. I will try not to repeat business topics on other threads so as not to make it redundant. I put emphasis on small business because the aim isn't necessarily trying to start a business that will be the next big thing but trying to effectively manage a business that may be a side gig/hustle along side your full time job or something you can grow into a business that will sustain you eventually so you can quit your job: whether you are a housewife, someone looking to supplement full time income, someone looking to make investments or someone looking to be completely self-employed, this is the thread for you!!!!!
Re: Starting And Running A Hair Salon In Lagos, Nigeria by ultrazone(m): 7:44pm On May 26, 2016

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Pencom Exemption For Your Small Company / CBN Unveils Regulation On Bills Payments / Nigerians Spent $98 Billion On Foreign Trips, Education In 10 Years – CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.