Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project (17757 Views)

How Giving A Free Ebook Can Increase Your Affiliate Sales / Pls Help In Giving A Newbie Web Developer Some Small Project To Practices / Installer.php Giving A 404 Error (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by onyengbu: 3:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
Homguy:
dude, after reading you and moderator's posts, am hard-pressed to say, you had no need to post on this thread. Op didn't mention your name or give any hint as to the identities of those involved. He did set out to educate and that's why I clicked the thread. If you felt Op was refering to you,twould have been better you PMed him. Ego does kill you know. Besides, client never got back to Op to update him with the completion of the project. So relax pal, its a small world.
I understand you and you are right.
Ordinarily, I wouldnt have but after what has happened between us and what the client told me he told him, it was hard to let it slide on knowing fully well that, going by the way he used used my experience in his 'educative thread', i knew it wont be long it is spinned way out of my control if I choose to remain silent.

It has nothing to do with ego, I tell ya. I am not kind of guy.

3 Likes

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by ichidodo: 3:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
Fight! Fight!! Fight!!!,I love this.

1 Like

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by sammoe(m): 3:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
I been want ask better question but... smh
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by onyengbu: 3:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
ichidodo:
Fight! Fight!! Fight!!!,I love this.
Me too!

1 Like

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by onyengbu: 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
sammoe:
I been want ask better question but... smh
lol..
You can ask your question ooo. Afterall its an 'educative thread'. Even if the fighting party is too busy throwing punches, I am sure there are others who will be disposed.

But onyengbu can handle throwing punches, taking punches and answering questions.

1 Like

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by Femsyn(m): 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
adewasco2k:

this is how to spot them, you dont know what he wants yet but you are giving prices.

that shows desperation and good developers aint despirate

Exactly! Adewasco. You took the words from my "fingers". $700!!!
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by onyengbu: 3:31pm On Oct 19, 2014
Femsyn:

Exactly! Adewasco. You took the words from my "fingers". $700!!!
Thats one week fuel money for some people here grin
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by sammoe(m): 3:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
Ok. If you say so. Before I proceed though: while money isn't everything, it's quite a lot. The fact someone charges lesser than others for a job doesn't mean he's compromising on quality. This doesn't mean there are the downright ridiculous.
What I advise people /potential clients is to know a little of what is required. It helps.

NOW, my question!
I'm not a programmer and because there's virtually no budget for one. But because I know a website would really help matters especially in the coming weeks, I've decided to build one using WordPress. I feel I should be able to work my way around it. I've already contacted a hosting company and I'm satisfied with their responses.
Please, I need input as per advice in terms of possible challenges I may face. Thanks.
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by maekhel(m): 3:42pm On Oct 19, 2014
sammoe:
Ok. If you say so. Before I proceed though: while money isn't everything, it's quite a lot. The fact someone charges lesser than others for a job doesn't mean he's compromising on quality. This doesn't mean there are the downright ridiculous.
What I advise people /potential clients is to know a little of what is required. It helps.

NOW, my question!
I'm not a programmer and because there's virtually no budget for one. But because I know a website would really help matters especially in the coming weeks, I've decided to build one using WordPress. I feel I should be able to work my way around it. I've already contacted a hosting company and I'm satisfied with their responses.
Please, I need input as per advice in terms of possible challenges I may face. Thanks.
first of all what type of website do u want to build?
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by josieboy55(m): 3:42pm On Oct 19, 2014
onyengbu:

Thats one week fuel money for some people here grin

and that is also some people's bi-annual salary .
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by onyengbu: 3:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
josieboy55:

and that is also some people's bi-annual salary .
My friend, you are so right! Even tri-annual salary for some.
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
I am loving this thread already. Two Web programmers at each other's throats. You guys should calm down and stop making a fool of yourself in public. @ Moderatorr,the client has said he is ok with the job, so let bygone be bygone and stop hiding under another user id to launch a missile. And Mr Programmer, kindly ignore the OP and instead move on. I'm sure you got better jobs ahead of you. Enjoyed the action film though. Laughes
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by moderatorr: 3:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
Homguy:
If this joiseboy is who it seems he is, I'll be so dissappointed.
i am not @Josieboy, i just decided to ignore the @onyemgbu of a guy.
a way to know if two nairaland handles are owned by the same person is to click on their name and vo through their past posts.
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by moderatorr: 3:53pm On Oct 19, 2014
Homguy:
If this joiseboy is who it seems he is, I'll be so dissappointed.
i am not @Josieboy
i just decided to ignore the @onyemgbu of a guy so he can quit attempting to derail the thread, unfortunately he has picked a fight with another person.
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by Raypawer(m): 3:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
lol.. what a thread! i believe say these three efighters no go church today!
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by josieboy55(m): 3:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
moderatorr:

i am not @Josieboy
i just decided to ignore the @onyemgbu of a guy so he can quit attempting to derail the thread, unfortunately he has picked a fight with another person.

Leave d stupid fool . I think some screws are missing from his no 6 .
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by onyengbu: 3:58pm On Oct 19, 2014
moderatorr:

i am not @Josieboy
LOL.... I am not going to spoil our ceasefire over this post.
This one is not tempting enough.
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by onyengbu: 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
josieboy55:

Leave d stupid fool . I think some screws are missing from his no 6 .
tongue
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
Josieboy + Moderatorr VS Onyegbu SEASON 1 Continues. I remember the Movie Spatacus when Spatacus paired another man to fight the huge tall guy. "Shall i begin" and the crowds roared in great excitements,desperate to quench their thirst to view a spectacle of blood flows. Now let's watch with great patience as two web programmers or rather 2-in-1 tears another 1 Onyegbu into threads or vice versa. Now let the FIGHT BEGINS. Round 2 FIGHT!!! Laughing and catching fun
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by onyengbu: 4:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
maryjames9:
Josieboy + Moderatorr VS Onyegbu SEASON 1 Continues. I remember the Movie Spatacus when Spatacus paired another man to fight the huge tall guy. "Shall i begin" and the crowds roared in great excitements,desperate to quench their thirst to view a spectacle of blood flows. Now let's watch with great patience as two web programmers or rather 2-in-1 tears another 1 Onyegbu into threads or vice versa. Now let the FIGHT BEGINS. Round 2 FIGHT!!! Laughing and catching fun
Today na sunday ooo. You no fit, separate fight?

Meanwhile, something tells me the fight (or whatever it is) is over.
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by Homguy(m): 4:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
moderatorr:

i am not @Josieboy
cool
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by biggmusty(m): 4:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
@Onyengbu abeg no mind d so called 100k project doers, do ur tyn ur own way God's blessing na him be d koko

@payne4real broda God make ur project blow, no mind haters joor.

@moderatorr abeg face ur 100k plus project nd leave d small 1s for ppl wey want am. #NoBeefBro

Bringing sum1 down is nt d way forward.. Teach others what they don't know, Advice if you can dats wat NL is for. Please #NoBeefing peace
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by Sibrah: 4:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
I will categorize a Rogue webdesigner as one who does not ask detailed question of requirements before giving a price.

Can u imagine Cibn [chartered Institute Bankers, Nigeria] doing their site for 35k? A site that holds certified members record like passport, Exams grades.

2 Likes

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by biggmusty(m): 4:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
josieboy55:

lollzzz nd who do u think i am fool?
YES grin
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by payne4real(m): 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
biggmusty:
@Onyengbu abeg no mind d so called 100k project doers, do ur tyn ur own way God's blessing na him be d koko

@payne4real broda God make ur project blow, no mind haters joor.

@moderatorr abeg face ur 100k plus project nd leave d small 1s for ppl wey want am. #NoBeefBro

Bringing sum1 down is nt d way forward.. Teach others what they don't know, Advice if you can dats wat NL is for. Please #NoBeefing peace

God bless you my brother
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by biggmusty(m): 4:53pm On Oct 19, 2014
payne4real:

God bless you my brother
God bless all of us! Let's know wen u launch so we go cum show some support... Its a thing of joy to see ppl moving forward cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by Clone2020(m): 5:07pm On Oct 19, 2014
sage2:

You can PM me on this one. I don't come cheap though. We should be looking at $700 minimum. Drop your WhatsApp and I will get in touch.

How can u give a quote for a project u have no clue about? What did u base your estimate on? Did i provide you with any details? Also why is the figure in dollars? You are one of the "website designers" op is talking about.
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by maekhel(m): 5:14pm On Oct 19, 2014
Clone2020:

How can u give a quote for a project u have no clue about? What did u base your estimate on? Did i provide you with any details? Also why is the figure in dollars? You are one of the "website designers" op is talking about.
contact meziemichael@gmail.com let talk abt ur project
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by persius555(m): 6:16pm On Oct 19, 2014
when two or more nigerians are arguing, know that it has to do with money.Una argue pass aba traders.lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Can I integrate as sms system to my website. any help? / I Will Create A Professional Blog For You / LOL Screenshot Of Old Yahoo Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.