Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,055 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project - Webmasters (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project (17756 Views)

How Giving A Free Ebook Can Increase Your Affiliate Sales / Pls Help In Giving A Newbie Web Developer Some Small Project To Practices / Installer.php Giving A 404 Error (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by cbrass(m): 11:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
Karleb:

Bwahahahaha grin grin

Css??
yes cascading style sheet
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by onyengbu: 1:39am On Nov 07, 2014
cbrass:
yes cascading style sheet
Now it is pertinent
cbrass:
Just viewed the site now......BLOOD OF JESUS shocked shocked that color combination is terrible. Mr onyegbu you still need more lessons on css and color theory.
Ok Sir. I hear you but you shouldnt have taken the Lord's name in Vain. It was unnecessary.

I think it is very important I make some things clear.
As you might have noticed from the first post of this topic and pointed out by moderatorr, the website you just reviewed is contracted to be a clone of https://www.thunderclap.it . Not a better one or something. Therefore, if you are going to judge the color use of the one I did, you must put thunderclap into perspective. The site was modeled according to thunderclap and apart from minor rearrangement of some elements, I worked under the instruction to replicate thunderclap.
The question you should now be asking is:
1. Did onyengbu use the exact color theme of thunderclap.it on socialreachng.com?
2. If yes then the statement that I (cbrass) made about onyengbu needing more lessons on css and color theory should apply directly to the creators of www.thunderclap.it who somebody have pointed out before on this thread are a "TEAM" of experts based in New York.

I need to explain further that, even though I didnt create the color theme, I still do not agree with you and others that remarked about the color being bad. For one, the colors on home page are very very dynamic. The colors on each of the campaign changes with the number of the supports it got. From red -> orange and -> green.
The other section of the page which I am sure draws most of the color criticisms is the "Browse By Category" section towards the footer. However, that, in itself is another work of web dev art cheesy. Why?
Each category of the campaigns created on that website has a color theme and when you select any category from that select box, the background of that Section of the page switches to that particular theme.
I am not taking the glory of initiating that effect but I implemented it on my own and I sure going to implement it elsewhere in future jobs.

As for others who remarked that the design is too simplistic, I will say:
Please visit www.google.com and www.thunderclap.it and tell them their website is too simplistic.
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by Vstuffs(m): 7:24am On Nov 07, 2014
post=27790939:
please sir I want to learn programming, where can I get videos
I have video tutorials....but not free
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by sapientia(m): 2:39pm On Nov 07, 2014
Onyengbu... You tried... its not easy

But then.. even as a clone of thunderclap... its still wacky.. i think cbrass is right..
My view though

1 Like

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by onyengbu: 3:05pm On Nov 07, 2014
sapientia:
Onyengbu... You tried... its not easy

But then.. even as a clone of thunderclap... its still wacky.. i think cbrass is right..
My view though
Of course, your view but I still need your review as to how to undo the wackiness. What part of making it look like thunderclap did I fail so miserably in that made it wacky. That is, apart from the obvious re alignment of Trending and Ending campaigns cos that is the only place I was asked to change.

I need your input to correct it. Plz.
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by adewasco2k(m): 3:33pm On Nov 07, 2014
onyengbu:

Of course, your view but I still need your review as to how to undo the wackiness. What part of making it look like thunderclap did I fail so miserably in that made it wacky. That is, apart from the obvious re alignment of Trending and Ending campaigns cos that is the only place I was asked to change.

I need your input to correct it. Plz.

1. when you click on the category at the bottom you get an instant change of background color while on thunderclap you get a delayed preloader which makes it look cool.

2. secondly i could get your facebook app blocked, reason being that you didnt set a link for users who decline to approve the app, facebook frowns at this very well.

3. i dont think cbrass was referring to you as i dont think the colors are too bad, maybe he mistook it for the guy that posted www.sleeksmart.com and www.dailydevotionalsonline.com which i think has a horrible color combinations, i cant even stare at those sites without straining my eyes
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by onyengbu: 4:20pm On Nov 07, 2014
adewasco2k:

1. when you click on the category at the bottom you get an instant change of background color while on thunderclap you get a delayed preloader which makes it look cool.

2. secondly i could get your facebook app blocked, reason being that you didnt set a link for users who decline to approve the app, facebook frowns at this very well.

3. i dont think cbrass was referring to you as i dont think the colors are too bad, maybe he mistook it for the guy that posted www.sleeksmart.com and www.dailydevotionalsonline.com which i think has a horrible color combinations, i cant even stare at those sites without straining my eyes

Thank you sooo much Sir. This is exactly what is required as it concerns review/criticism of that website.

1. I will now delay the background color change and present a better preloading experience

2. Theres actually a "Delete Account" button on the profile page for anyone who wishes to opt out.

3. I believe cbrass was referring to me cos he specifically mentioned me.

The thing is, I noticed a trend with the new generation of developers we have here. Once someone says the site is wack, herd mentality sets in immediately because no one wants to appear a starter by actually saying his mind. That was why I was asking them to say exactly what is wrong and not just that it is wack in the review thread.

Once again thank you for that review, it means you actually tested something there.
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by adewasco2k(m): 4:29pm On Nov 07, 2014
onyengbu:

2. Theres actually a "Delete Account" button on the profile page for anyone who wishes to opt out.

go to know but i was not referring to users deleting their account, i was referring to "support with facebook share button" and even registering or posting using facebook SDK, when i clicked it, it was asking for permission to access my profile and few details if i click decline, then i end up in a loop as i am stucked on that page, my facebook app was almost deleted because of this, in your app page you have to specify a link to direct to if a user declines the access, if you dont they end up in that loop and its uncool.
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by cbrass(m): 4:33pm On Nov 07, 2014
onyengbu:

Thank you sooo much Sir. This is exactly what is required as it concerns review/criticism of that website.

1. I will now delay the background color change and present a better preloading experience

3. I believe cbrass was referring to me cos he specifically mentioned me.

The thing is, I noticed a trend with the new generation of developers we have here. Once someone says the site is wack, herd mentality sets in immediately because no one wants to appear a starter by actually saying his mind. That was why I was asking them to say exactly what is wrong and not just that it is wack in the review thread.

Once again thank you for that review, it means you actually tested something there.

I was refering to this site http://www.dailydevotionalsonline.com/
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by adewasco2k(m): 4:35pm On Nov 07, 2014
cbrass:

just what i thought grin

1 Like

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by cbrass(m): 4:42pm On Nov 07, 2014
Am sorry Mr onyengbu I didn't know it was thunderclap you did, was actually refering to that dailydevotion stuff just as adewasco2k pointed out, which I count as wisdom on his part for knowing the site I maybe refering to
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by onyengbu: 4:58pm On Nov 07, 2014
adewasco2k:

go to know but i was not referring to users deleting their account, i was referring to "support with facebook share button" and even registering or posting using facebook SDK, when i clicked it, it was asking for permission to access my profile and few details if i click decline, then i end up in a loop as i am stucked on that page, my facebook app was almost deleted because of this, in your app page you have to specify a link to direct to if a user declines the access, if you dont they end up in that loop and its uncool.

Another great advice. I am going to do that straight away. Good to know you even tried to Suppport with facebook
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by onyengbu: 5:00pm On Nov 07, 2014
cbrass:

cbrass:
Am sorry Mr onyengbu I didn't know it was thunderclap you did, was actually refering to that dailydevotion stuff just as adewasco2k pointed out, which I count as wisdom on his part for knowing the site I maybe refering to

Ok bro. I get it now.

1 Like

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by cbrass(m): 7:46pm On Nov 07, 2014
In think everyone will agree with me that we have had enough of this thread nw, even though it was derailled so it should be closed smiley
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by onyengbu: 8:00pm On Nov 07, 2014
cbrass:
In think everyone will agree with me that we have had enough of this thread nw, even though it was derailled so it should be closed smiley
I think so tooo!!!
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by josieboy55(m): 10:28pm On Nov 07, 2014
onyengbu:

I think so tooo!!!

y wnt u think so , looking for ways to cover up ur flaws .
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by cbrass(m): 10:41pm On Nov 07, 2014
josieboy55:

Wetin nw...free him biko.
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by onyengbu: 12:30pm On Nov 08, 2014
josieboy55:

Akpa amu!

1 Like

Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by Lastdon02(m): 1:12am On Nov 09, 2014
post=27790677:
boss please help me, I want to learn programming.

lol which languge do u wana start wit?
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 09, 2014
Lastdon02:

lol which languge do u wana start wit?
any 1 u think is good 2 start with... Am currently learning HTML/CSS.

Am using my phone to execute the codes... An its really frustrating.
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by Lastdon02(m): 7:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
post=27859089:
any 1 u think is good 2 start with... Am currently learning HTML/CSS.

Am using my phone to execute the codes... An its really frustrating.

u dont have a laptop chai... Any way add me on whatsapp if u need any help via any of the languages 07066605277
Re: How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project by TemiPeter: 9:49pm On Dec 24, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Can I integrate as sms system to my website. any help? / I Will Create A Professional Blog For You / LOL Screenshot Of Old Yahoo Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.