Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,471 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Why Someone Igbo Folks Are Becoming Annoying With Their Comments - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Someone Igbo Folks Are Becoming Annoying With Their Comments (825 Views)

How Are Your Older Folks Responding To New Technology? / Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? / Annoying Nigerian Sayings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Someone Igbo Folks Are Becoming Annoying With Their Comments by DOD1: 7:36am On Oct 15, 2014
I have noticed that whenever a topic is raised about an achievement of d igbos even when it is just an individual achievement, comments like Igbo people rock will litter d whole thread. An example of such is when a thread about Jim Iyke's water bottling company was created. While their Yoruba counterparts are becoming much more reasonable with such comments, d Igbos keep blowing their own trumpet. For instance, a thread was opened recently about 6 of best university libraries in Nigeria, and most of those universities are in Yorubaland, only 1 in d east, and you hardly see comments that praise d Yorubas. Just imagine if 3 of d 6 libraries happened to be in d east, you'd hear comments like: igbos have been d most educated since 1960, Igbo kwenu, who say Yoruba are d most educated etc. All we are saying is that there is need for a change in ur attitude.
Re: Why Someone Igbo Folks Are Becoming Annoying With Their Comments by cheruv: 10:13am On Oct 15, 2014
see OP I've a problem with peeps pursuing shadows... angry
when a nation like the Igbos blows their achievements to the high heavens, like seriously I don't see how that affects you.
if its too noisy for your liking, you've two simple options...
1]close your ears tongue
2]get a vuvuzela and trumpet yours wink
as for my fellow Igbos, when a brother/sister breaks a new frontier..

don't stop shouting saying it,keep shouting it...so that Naijiria would know what YHWH has done for the Great Igbo Biafran nation

but finally...........

all these obsession with Igbos by other Nigerians is beginning to bore me..oga seun can you do something about it?? undecided
Re: Why Someone Igbo Folks Are Becoming Annoying With Their Comments by BarryX(m): 11:25am On Oct 18, 2014
Igbos are naturally like that -- at least it keeps them feeling fly.
Igbos are quite individualistic to say the least,so whenever you hear them "shouting" and chanting cos of someone else's achievement. Just know they're blowing the trumpet for other ethnic to hear and probably massage their ego.

But deep down, they don't give a heck to what the supposedly "celebrated Igbo" did.
Double standards sorta.
If you understand them well enough, you won't bother opening a worrying thread to show how disturbed you are about their attitude.
#LiveAndLetsLIVE

(1) (Reply)

Reincarnation: A Mystery? Share Your Stories / 6 Things We All Experience In Life / Yorubas Are Genetically 99.9 Percent Igbo—study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.