Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? (1829 Views)

Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex / When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? / Can Two People With AS Genotype Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by drtess(f): 3:30pm On Aug 02, 2006
Hi! wink smiley

I would like your opinion on this topic?

Is it advisable for two people in love and planning to marry to take an HIV test or should it be waved all in the name of their trusting each other? smiley
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by Seun(m): 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2006
THis is a JAMB Question. The answer is yes. Am I not correct? smiley
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by beyunce(f): 4:08pm On Aug 02, 2006
Seun u are very correct. Its advisable
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by aykay(m): 4:16pm On Aug 02, 2006
they should take tests before they start dating incase they have pre marital sex
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by Choco(f): 4:39pm On Aug 02, 2006
The answer is YES, but let's face it Aykay said they should take the test before dating incase they have pre-marital.How many couples do dat. They just jump in before looking what's in the "content". That's why d virus is spreadin rapidly

If u love urself pls do a test first before u sleep with person cos ur future might just depend on ur decision
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by sweetnini(f): 5:47pm On Aug 02, 2006
the answer is yes
i dont know y
but i'll do it
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by iice(f): 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2006
Yes, so that u knw if ur kids will inherit or not.
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by buraimoh(m): 10:11am On Aug 03, 2006
WELL I AM OF A DIFFERENT OPINION.
IDON'T THINK IT'S NECESSARY THAT THEY TAKE A TEST SINCE THEY SEEM TO TRUST EACH OTHER AND ARE IN LOVE.
WHAT IF AFTER TAKING THE TEST THEY FIND OUT THAT ONE OF THEM IS HIV POSTIVE?

THAT WILL JUST SPOIL THEIR SHOW AND WEDDING PLANS WILL FLY OUT IMMEDIATELY.

THEIR TAKING A TEST AT ALL IS ONLY AN EVIDENT THAT THEY NEVER TRUSTED THEMSELVES IN THE FIRST PLACE.

SO BE WARNED O!!!!!! smiley cool
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by Eurphoria(f): 12:39pm On Aug 03, 2006
[/quote][quote author=buraimoh link=topic=19500.msg542436#msg542436 date=1154596264]
IDON'T THINK IT'S NECESSARY THAT THEY TAKE A TEST SINCE THEY SEEM TO TRUST EACH OTHER AND ARE IN LOVE.

THEIR TAKING A TEST AT ALL IS ONLY AN EVIDENT THAT THEY NEVER TRUSTED THEMSELVES IN THE FIRST PLACE.

shocked
This above mentality is why HIV/Aids is so common in Africa, you got to be kidding me, ''what's love gotta do with it'' ever heard the phrase ''better safe than sorry?''
oh dear, loving and trusting don't come into play here at all, because sometimes, some people don't even know they carring a deadly disease like Aids, so definitely take a test its called being SMART.

Is like ppl saying wealthy ppl or stars should not take a prenup, all in the name of love and trust, look at people who let their hearts rule their heads and go see how they being fleeted when relationship breaks down.

Bottom line stay safe,smart and HIV free go do a test atleast to get a good nite's sleep. Its sad ppl still think this is not serious and how little lots of ppl know about HIV/AIDS ,

@sweetnini
sweetie you answered yes to the question and said you dont know why you would do a test, please you have to know why. I mean HIV is only like a death sentence , seriously get to know about it more. Stay safe always, a guy that allows you to have sex with him without condom would scare me, because i wud be wondering how many other girls he slept with without condom. Some guys would ask if you are clean and just take your word for it, hell noooooooooo, run run run
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by Nia: 8:18am On Aug 05, 2006
Yes o, you should definitely get tested before you get married.
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by gigitte(f): 8:23am On Aug 05, 2006
lmao at thread
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by nilla(f): 2:01pm On Aug 05, 2006
Are you guys even kidding me with this question? Before nko, if your planning to get married, you better take an HIV test. Any partner that hesitates has something to hide.
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by sweetnini(f): 2:18pm On Aug 07, 2006
@Eurphoria
ok
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by Oracle(m): 11:43am On Aug 26, 2006
It is not only advisable but is neccessary
infact, some people may refuse to settle down if the test is not taken.
I know a lady who had this fiance and they were planning to get married but suddenly she moved over to the east and wasn't talking about the marriage anymore.

I asked my mum why.
she said "Uche tested positive to HIV"
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by Babybee(f): 12:16pm On Aug 27, 2006
it is very advisable to take the test, if your patner says no, then watch out !
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by naijacutee(f): 10:19am On Aug 28, 2006
What foolish trust? As Nilla said, if you have nothing to hide, take the test. If anyone comes out positive, youll be saving another life. Hope you guys havent been having sex though, or else youre both doomed if that would be the case.
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by cheechako(m): 10:27am On Aug 29, 2006
Hi,

Trust is not the issue. If you fall in love with someone, their past is their past. Now and the future is Yours Together. Not only take the blood test to check for HIV, take the blood test to see if there may be complications in the baby making department. In some countries, blood test are required by law. We don't need it to be required by law but we should take the responsiblility upon ourselves for us and our future children. WoW! Lots of words. O.K. Just Do It! As Nike would say. Take the test.
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by munai(f): 11:40pm On Aug 31, 2006
I guess taking an HIV test is voluntary. Past history is important as it factors the chances, it took me 5 years to go for a test and it was worth it coz I am now aware of my status and I have a free mind unlike worrying about all those escapades( you know one night stand with the dude without teeth ha!ha!). It not easy but worth it,
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by Akinagirl(f): 11:59pm On Mar 31, 2007
its very worth, before the sexual encounters, take that test, save your life and your partners, its the most unselfish act.
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by coded777: 1:41pm On Jan 17, 2011
this equation is a tough one really and highly coding.I find it challenging to deduce a YEA or NAY.
@above responses. Its easier said than done. LoL.
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by coded777: 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2011
this equation is a tough one really and highly coding.I find it challenging to deduce a YEA or NAY.
@above responses. Its easier said than done. LoL.
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by Azibalua(f): 8:43pm On Jan 17, 2011
It should be by mutual consent
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by playette4u: 3:16am On Jan 19, 2011
Definately it is fundamental to be tested .

I would still marry my partner even if they tested positive,as long as he understands that he has to go an extra mile and not put me at risk.For me, love is not based on the health potential o but the content of a person's character.If the partner had cancer,Sickle cell or Diabetes,i would still stay with them so why should HIV be different? I t is better to have an HIV positive one who will make sure they protect you from infection than an HIV negative one who will sleep around and before you can say 'hey presto' you have caught the disease.
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by hannydarl(f): 10:26pm On Oct 29, 2011
yes if they plan to be faithful to each other after marriage.
No if they will waka waka after marriage cos a negative test does not mean one is immune to HIV infection in future.
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by diva90: 11:04pm On Oct 29, 2011
yes you should do the HIV and Phenotype test just to make sure that you both are negative and that non of you is SS instead of AS or AA. unless you both have previously known these facts otherwise it is very advisable
Re: Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? by Natasha2(f): 11:17pm On Oct 29, 2011
nilla:

Are you guys even kidding me with this question? Before nko, if your planning to get married, you better take an HIV test. Any partner that hesitates has something to hide.
my dear when I saw it I was like WTF did someone actually ask this shocked

buraimoh:

I hope I just hope this is coming from a 3 year old child shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
hannydarl:

yes if they plan to be faithful to each other after marriage.
No if they will waka waka after marriage cos a negative test does not mean one is immune to HIV infection in future.
excuse me what did you just say?

(1) (Reply)

Woman, Clueless About Her Pregnancy For 9 Months / Miscarriages – Symptoms, Causes, Prevention And Treatments / Please , Sack All Doctors Now! By Dr. Biodun Ogungbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.