Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Has Somebody Else Experience This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Somebody Else Experience This? (1143 Views)

My Wonderful Experience This Year,2015. / Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Why Do People Cry So Much When Somebody Dies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Somebody Else Experience This? by udumosam23(m): 8:36am On Oct 15, 2014
See what my church has turned me to!

I have spent the last twelve years struggling with my church policy, and now just when I thought I have succeeded...

I was born in 1982, I repented in 1999, and responded to the call in 2002.

I applied to be trained as a minister in 2002, but was told there was an existing policy, that only those with first degree are eligible. I had to attend an interdenominational bible collage, Trinity college of ministerial arts Aba( TRICOMA) to be more precise.

I had hardly rounded up my diploma when I was told that policy is no longer working. Had to come back to reapply with my diploma cert. In theology. My minister had to condition me to serve as an evangelist for four years before I'll be recommended by my parish session. (Another policy). I had no option so I obliged.

In 2008, I reapplied and was recommended to sturdy at theological college of northern Nigeria TCNN jos. I did a part-time programme to enable me continue my service as an evangelist, so I did six years.

In 2010, they introduce the policy of proving of ministry, and I felt since I had diploma in theology and I'm in part-time studies I can prove while rounding up my studies, so I applied. I was reffered to my presbytery, but I was given a specific place to plant a church, I was rather posted across congregations within my presbytery.

In 2011 I was called to serve in the capacity of synod mission pastor and I served in that capacity through 2011 and 2012.

I graduated in 2013 and was licenced in 2014. Before the licencing, I had to make more preparation to be found worthy of my calling, so I got married a month before my licencing.

Ordinarily after licencing, we are posted to little congregation as probationers/provers. I am also awere that I'm just unfortunate as some of my colleagues didnt have to go through the rigors of serving as evangelist, they just entered college with ssce graduate after four years and are licences as ministers and are ahead of me.

I had only thought I had advantage by reason of my service as an evangelist and missionary. But no, we were all placed at the same level after licencimg. And now postings are out, some of us are posted to little congregations others to new field to prove ministry, I am amongst those going to new field.

And now haven reported to my area of posting, ( futo-Obinze in Owerri) I was told to raise money for my accommodation and a place of worship I should not depend on board of mission for these. All these with just 15,000 as salary same with provers in congregations which have other allowances and benefits. Ours in the field does not even come regularly.

Now my wife is pregnant, she just graduated and has not started working yet, I can hardly put food on my table, my wife has been crying through the night over the situation, as she depends only on her parents for now for mine are died.

A good friend has offered me a chance with the reform PCN, and I have taken it cos I have to survive and fend for my wife too.

I only wish my church has remained consisted in her policies. For I'm disadvantaged now, as I'm going to miss friends and colleagues.
Re: Has Somebody Else Experience This? by confidant: 9:20am On Oct 15, 2014
You should know that your sole aim is to win souls to Christ and empower men.. if truly you are called by God he will pay your transport. But what I see here is a means of survival you are looking for. You talk about too much church stuff instead of Christ bn crucified and raised. I see difficult times ahead.
Re: Has Somebody Else Experience This? by PastorOluT(m): 11:08am On Oct 15, 2014
confidant:
You should know that your sole aim is to win souls to Christ and empower men.. if truly you are called by God he will pay your transport. But what I see here is a means of survival you are looking for. You talk about too much church stuff instead of Christ bn crucified and raised. I see difficult times ahead.

Exactly, I see someone yet to accept Christ bt religion, seeking means of survival while he tries to fulfil all tthe righteousness of man.
Re: Has Somebody Else Experience This? by udumosam23(m): 3:23pm On Oct 15, 2014
confidant:

Its the way you looked at it sir, from your perspective, it looks that way becouse you follow the story as it is, of course I'm complaining about church policy, so you don't expect me to begin telling off myself.

If I only wanted to make a living, I can confidently tell you I had my chances in other sectors of life, I still do. But I'm concius of the call and I'm guiding it. In order to fit into my church as a pastor I've got to go through all of this.
Re: Has Somebody Else Experience This? by asalimpo(m): 3:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
Is this d hoops people jump through ? Peter wasnt worldly educated yet he is a pillar in God's kingdom.
Re: Has Somebody Else Experience This? by Debeloved87(m): 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
instead of being a full-time pastor, depending on 15k with family, you could become a part-time pastor and find something to lay your hands on, to support your family and ministry...depending on the church to cater for your needs as a family man is not good at all....paul was a tent maker and he carried the gospel and his handwork with him where ever he goes..wishing you goodluck
Re: Has Somebody Else Experience This? by udumosam23(m): 10:26am On Oct 16, 2014
Debeloved87:
instead of being a full-time pastor, depending on 15k with family, you could become a part-time pastor and find something to lay your hands on, to support your family and ministry...depending on the church to cater for your needs as a family man is not good at all....paul was a tent maker and he carried the gospel and his handwork with him where ever he goes..wishing you goodluck

Thank you dear, I'm working on something at present. I was into online importation but was criticised of being a pastor/business man. That I was called to leave all endeavors and serve God fully, I struggled with that thought and finally decides to sell off all my goods, used up the capital to get married in order not to be distracted in the ministry.

I realise my mistake, I look forward to correct it at present.
Re: Has Somebody Else Experience This? by frank317: 11:11am On Oct 16, 2014
confidant:

whats this? someone devotes more than twenty years of his life serving God and you have the guts to tell him this? have you dedicated half of the time he has used in serving God for God? didnt you hear he repented in 1999.
You are now an expert to be sure that he is not truly called by God and now predicting difficult times ahead.
did he come here to complain about Christ being crucified or about his issue? what do you want him to talk about if not what is bothering him?

Your God is a failure... tell me what reason such a fellow should be having difficult time? there so many in the church who are worse that he is (incase you try to blame anything of his christian life) yet they are far better.

op, you are really wasting your time serving God, he either does not care or does not exist.

My father repented almost 30years ago and has been involved in active preaching, evangalizm, tithing, constant prayer and fasting, till date, he has nothing to show for it. he lost his wife, his children are just struggling (hence he is struggling too) and you can see that things are generally not fair.

i really dont know what people expect of God... cant they see it is not just working?

2 Likes

Re: Has Somebody Else Experience This? by pesty100(m): 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2014
frank317:

whats this? someone devotes more than twenty years of his life serving God and you have the guts to tell him this? have you dedicated half of the time he has used in serving God for God? didnt you hear he repented in 1999.
You are now an expert to be sure that he is not truly called by God and now predicting difficult times ahead.
did he come here to complain about Christ being crucified or about his issue? what do you want him to talk about if not what is bothering him?

Your God is a failure... tell me what reason such a fellow should be having difficult time? there so many in the church who are worse that he is (incase you try to blame anything of his christian life) yet they are far better.

op, you are really wasting your time serving God, he either does not care or does not exist.

My father repented almost 30years ago and has been involved in active preaching, evangalizm, tithing, constant prayer and fasting, till date, he has nothing to show for it. he lost his wife, his children are just struggling (hence he is struggling too) and you can see that things are generally not fair.

i really dont know what people expect of God... cant they see it is not just working?
this is the truth as bitter as it is
Re: Has Somebody Else Experience This? by andyanders: 9:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
Change church. There is no church in heaven only saints. If church cannot change you, change the church.

We are all created in the image of God and therefore, we have same spirit with those at that position as a pastor.ONLY know your area of calling and let a real true man of God pray for you.There is noway you can sustain a family with what you earn.

(1) (Reply)

Music: Obimo ~ Ayo Vincent | Prod By Frank Edwards / Shock As Nun Rushed To Hospital With Stomach Pains Gives Birth To Baby Boy / What Did You Think 1 Corinthians 7:36 Says About Sex Before Marriage. Your View?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.