Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,859 members, 7,824,571 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS (14835 Views)

Nigeria Inflation Soars To Almost Four-year High Of 12.8% / Nigeria's Inflation Surges To Three Year High Of 11.4% - Bloomberg / Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by philantoxx(m): 9:21am On Oct 15, 2014
only d sick will say GEJ .ain't working.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by paramedic: 9:24am On Oct 15, 2014
adrainuche:

Is this a Joke, It can never be possible in this life time even if God gives us eternity to live on earth it wont be possible,even with a miracle it wont be possible...

In shut its IMPOSICANT grin
Product of dead brains

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by muktarmtt(m): 9:26am On Oct 15, 2014
chesterlee:
GEJ the silent worker...Carry on joor! #EbolaConqueror

GEJ till 2019!!!
silent worker my As*s did u go to market nd buy anything dropping only in d newspaper jere who r dey foolyn because 2015 is in d corner dat why dey start all nonsensical lies good 4nish dem all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by adedayourt(m): 9:26am On Oct 15, 2014
chesterlee:
GEJ the silent worker...Carry on joor! #EbolaConqueror

GEJ till 2019!!!

What are you talking aboutundecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by muktarmtt(m): 9:27am On Oct 15, 2014
ayusco85:
Goodluck jona until 2019. we can see ur handwork
fuchk u

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by adedayourt(m): 9:28am On Oct 15, 2014
paramedic:

Product of dead brains

That's too harsh
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 15, 2014
karlmax2:
This would not make news here on naira land.the title is not favourable for apc paid e propanda machine .atiku met and paid them huge sum to spread lies like their spokeman. Lier Mohammed .if the inflation rate was said to be above 2digit then u would vet comments.
philantoxx:
only d sick will say GEJ .ain't working.

It is too early to curse, but you are both certified dunces.

I don't even go to the market, but I know the cost of goods are on the increase despite what those liars say.

People like you who will clutch at any kind of straw to save this inept and mundane government including telling obvious lies.

Then you will parade your so-called certificates as graduates and expect to be employed on the basis of this garbage you just spewed.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by Demdem(m): 9:30am On Oct 15, 2014
This bureau should be called.....
National bereau for Propaganda.
Paper achievement.
Shiorrr.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by muktarmtt(m): 9:30am On Oct 15, 2014
john4reala:
Oya APC wat do u have to say about this
u r fool did u buy smting in market wit cheaper price or is only d newspaper price drop wise up mr.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 15, 2014
indeed.. so that means N200 bread should now be N183.4 and Petrol Pump price of N97 should be N88.94 abi grin grin grin grin shiiiooooor! tongue lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by Sylvarresta(m): 9:31am On Oct 15, 2014
karlmax2:
This would not make news here on naira land.the title is not favourable for apc paid e propanda machine .atiku met and paid them huge sum to spread lies like their spokeman. Lier Mohammed .if the inflation rate was said to be above 2digit then u would vet comments.
It's too early to be in beer parlour.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by Sylvarresta(m): 9:32am On Oct 15, 2014
karlmax2:
It's too early to be in a beer parlour.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by SlimSkipper(m): 9:33am On Oct 15, 2014
WTF are dis guys sayin? price of comodity keeps jumpin up and dey say inflatin is dropin abi i dont know d meanin of inflation again ni? angry hmmm PDPPPPPP- People Deceivin People grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by adrainuche(m): 9:34am On Oct 15, 2014
paramedic:

Product of dead brains

Wat ave i done
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by deeobserver209(m): 9:38am On Oct 15, 2014
With the reduction in food importation to the tune of about $2 billion and increase agriculture productivity, news like this will encourage government to do more. Certainly Nigeria is making progress. However one area of concern is the energy sector. The government especially the National Assembly should as a matter of urgency pass the PIB bill to strengthen both the upstream and downstream sectors of our petroleum industry including the gas sector. This will help a great deal in bringing down cost of petroleum products in Nigeria and lower down cost of transportation of goods and services. In effect, the purchasing power of Nigerians will increase.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by destante(f): 9:40am On Oct 15, 2014
Davide470 your prediction I guess.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by roxell120(m): 9:40am On Oct 15, 2014
iceberylin:
Seriously undecided

Until sugar is 5cubes for N5.. if not they never start angry
ijebu garri drinker don talk em own.gudluk. ur prayer may be answered.who knows?dont forget to add groundnut oooo
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by dioman: 9:42am On Oct 15, 2014
We(Nigerians) are the problem, our attitude toward life wont allow us feel the positive effect of inflation drop because most of us are greedy. Irrespective of the drop in cost price of a particular commodity, the seller still maintain the selling price so as to make extra gain from the consumer.
Nevertheless, I believe in Nigeria (show me a man to believe, 'll show u a God to perform).

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by 360command: 9:46am On Oct 15, 2014
We might not be seeing the price of certain goods go down but I can testify that things are cheap and worth buying of such value in Nigeria. Until some of you go to other Africa countries like Ghana, you would then know what inflation means.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by parrotibaba(m): 9:47am On Oct 15, 2014
roxell120:
ijebu garri drinker don talk em own.gudluk. ur prayer may be answered.who knows?dont forget to add groundnut oooo
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by Obinoscopy(m): 9:47am On Oct 15, 2014
SlimSkipper:
WTF are dis guys sayin? price of comodity keeps jumpin up and dey say inflatin is dropin abi i dont know d meanin of inflation again ni? angry hmmm PDPPPPPP- People Deceivin People grin
Bros this is simple mathematics. The statistics doesn't mean that the price of commodities won't keep "jumping up". What it means is that the rate at which the price keeps "jumping up" will reduce.

Ok, let me more practical. If the price of garri used to increase by 10 naira per year, then a reduction in inflation means that the price of garri will increase by less than 10 naira (say N5). Thus if it increased from N20 to N30 last year, this year it will increase from N30 to N35 instead of N40. Comprende?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by kraftykc(m): 9:56am On Oct 15, 2014
voltron:
indeed.. so that means N200 bread should now be N183.4 and Petrol Pump price of N97 should be N88.94 abi grin grin grin grin shiiiooooor! tongue lipsrsealed

Lol not quite, but I get your point. This government is desperate for positive news to seller to voters come Feb, but the stupidity of this is that if GEJ had put every single into conquering the BH and bringing in better (not perfect) electricity, the election would have been his to throw away. Sacking Barth Nnaji, not prosecuting Ihejirika, Ndume, Modu Sheriff, and giving Dasuki all the leeway in the world to be a person is going to bite Mr President in the butt so hard he'll need diapers.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by iyisco2001(m): 9:58am On Oct 15, 2014
and is that supposed to make us feel better? undecided
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by philantoxx(m): 9:59am On Oct 15, 2014
StarBoard:

I don't even go to the market, but I know the cost of goods are on the increase despite what those liars say.

People like you who will clutch at any kind of straw to save this inept and mundane government including telling obvious lies.

Then you will parade your so-called certificates as graduates and expect to be employed on the basis of this garbage you just spewed.

sore loser..serial nincompooo
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by Ignatio(m): 10:01am On Oct 15, 2014
The price of garri was never affected.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by ceejayluv(m): 10:02am On Oct 15, 2014
StarBoard:

Of course they're on the increase. The report only stated that the rate of "increment" has slowed down by a fraction of a percent. They didn't say the prices have decreased.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by SlimSkipper(m): 10:05am On Oct 15, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Bros this is simple mathematics. The statistics doesn't mean that the price of commodities won't keep "jumping up". What it means is that the rate at which the price keeps "jumping up" will reduce.

Ok, let me more practical. If the price of garri used to increase by 10 naira per year, then a reduction in inflation means that the price of garri will increase by less than 10 naira (say N5). Thus if it increased from N20 to N30 last year, this year it will increase from N30 to N35 instead of N40. Comprende?
yea tanx i got all dat, i posted my comment b4 reading d article
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by mindworx: 10:11am On Oct 15, 2014
phantonce:
I can't take it anymore.
Prices of good and services only seem to be decreasing on pages of newspaper.
This administration is so clueless that they have decided to bask there glory only on cover of newspaper.
They should stop confusing us with grammar and tell us in simple term who and what have benefitted from there "achievement".
I really don't understand how this people sleep at night knowing that millions of nigerians are sleeping on empty stomach.
Yet they have the gut and effrontery to make this scalpious statement.

Bunch of schenanigans

hmn! ... Bros ... another Patrick Obahiagbon in the making

phantonce:
... confusing us with grammar ...
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 15, 2014
mindworx:

hmn! ... Bros ... another Patrick Obahiagbon in the making

No b my fault.
Na vex I dey vex.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by ayukdaboss(m): 10:16am On Oct 15, 2014
karlmax2:
Shut up! We all know the Oga at the top of this entity is a PDP fanatic...that explains why old news dating back to 2001BC will be dug out and put up on the Front Page in order to discredit opposition.

Look at this fake news claiming a reduction in inflation when on the contrary there is no substantial evidence of inflation reduction in this country and it's already on frontpage all to give credit to this clueless government.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by anthony86(m): 10:17am On Oct 15, 2014
But seriously I enter market on Saturday a bag of garri that was selling for #, 5000 last month now cost #3600.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 15, 2014
ceejayluv:

Of course they're on the increase. The report only stated that the rate of "increment" has slowed down by a fraction of a percent. They didn't say the prices have decreased.
And I'm expected to believe the 8.3% figure?
Please spare me.

I wasn't born yesterday and the last time I checked I still had access to my 5 sensory organs.

I'm presently undergoing a building project. And I can tell you that the average price increase of building materials is not 8% over the last month.

Tell this duplicitous government to come up with something new to intrigue us. These lies stopped adding up eons ago.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Making 30 Thousand From Football Betting Everyday / FIRS Generates N66bn From Stamp Duties In 5 Months / OPEC Agrees To Cut Production; Oil Prices Surge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.