Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,575 members, 7,958,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:56 PM

Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS (15130 Views)

Nigeria Inflation Soars To Almost Four-year High Of 12.8% / Nigeria's Inflation Surges To Three Year High Of 11.4% - Bloomberg / Nigeria Inflation Drops To 7.9% In November – NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by lacasa: 10:19am On Oct 15, 2014
Story for Zeus!
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 15, 2014
philantoxx:

sore loser..serial nincompooo

You can't even spell nincompoop properly and you expect me to take you seriously.

Go and sleep, unemployed toad.

may amadioha strike your left testicle.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by vicadex07(m): 10:20am On Oct 15, 2014
Current exchange rate for 1usd is 164naira. FG can lie
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by Anas4sure(m): 10:21am On Oct 15, 2014
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by greaterlove(m): 10:33am On Oct 15, 2014
I think most of us don't really understand what inflation means. I really like the way obinoscopy made it simple.

Obinoscopy:
Bros this is simple mathematics. The statistics doesn't mean that the price of commodities won't keep "jumping up". What it means is that the rate at which the price keeps "jumping up" will reduce.

Ok, let me more practical. If the price of garri used to increase by 10 naira per year, then a reduction in inflation means that the price of garri will increase by less than 10 naira (say N5). Thus if it increased from N20 to N30 last year, this year it will increase from N30 to N35 instead of N40. Comprende?

In economics, inflation is a sustained increase in the general price level of goods and services in an economy over a period of time..Wikipedia

It does not mean price of commodity won't go up, it only means the rate at which its going up is is now 8.3% which is lower than it use to be.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by philantoxx(m): 10:39am On Oct 15, 2014
StarBoard:

You can't even spell nincompoop properly and you expect me to take you seriously.

Go and sleep, unemployed toad.

may amadioha strike your left testicle.
gosh!!tanx 4 spelling your name correctly.I appreciate it.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by Guyman02: 10:41am On Oct 15, 2014
Pavore9:
hmmm..abeg was there a drop in the price of Garri or beans in September?

Red garri is sold for 200 a mudu in Abuja and beans 300 - 350, there is really no change in price in September

A man who decides that it is the scrotum of a ram that he wants to eat should know that he is indebted to elephantiasis of the scrotum (Igbo proverb)
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by 1stola: 10:46am On Oct 15, 2014
chesterlee:
GEJ the silent worker...Carry on joor! #EbolaConqueror

GEJ till 2019!!!
I laugh at your stupidîty. smh
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by 1stola: 10:48am On Oct 15, 2014
adrainuche:

Is this a Joke, It can never be possible in this life time even if God gives us eternity to live on earth it wont be possible,even with a miracle it wont be possible...

In shut its IMPOSICANT grin
That's silly to say.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by Sanguine77(m): 10:54am On Oct 15, 2014
The truth remains that the prices of some staple food have been constant for a while: garri, rice, beans, millet but the price of manufactured goods have been fluctuating to the high side because of epileptic power supply and other factors. The gulf between the bourgeoisie and the proletariat has widened uncontrollably like a wh*re's cu*nt and more people are sleeping without food but I can tell you that the standard of living has slightly improved from what it used to be.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by johnson4nosa(m): 11:01am On Oct 15, 2014
would you turn from Christian to Muslim or Muslim to Christian for 100m
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by johnson4nosa(m): 11:07am On Oct 15, 2014
how is the statistics taken? coolhow is the statistics taken?
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 15, 2014
Failed propaganda!
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by olajide8(m): 11:12am On Oct 15, 2014
What alter rubbish - economics built on faulty foundations - business are finding hard to survive and a lot are shutting down - the purchasing power has drastically reduced people can't pay their children's school fees we can't even buy since we don't have income talkless of disposable income - why wouldn't inflation drop - prices would go down now as those still selling are just trying to so as to live - what alter rubbish - world bank economics* which america don't even follow- she's winning awards - the masses are getting more impoverished - the rich are getting richer the middle class is declining once again - because you are either rich or poor*

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by johnson4nosa(m): 11:14am On Oct 15, 2014
how did they arrived at this figure.... GEJ 2015 tactics we no.....
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by morefire: 11:14am On Oct 15, 2014
phantonce:
I can't take it anymore.
Prices of good and services only seem to be decreasing on pages of newspaper.
This administration is so clueless that they have decided to bask there glory only on cover of newspaper.
They should stop confusing us with grammar and tell us in simple term who and what have benefitted from there "achievement".
I really don't understand how this people sleep at night knowing that millions of nigerians are sleeping on empty stomach.
Yet they have the gut and effrontery to make this scalpious statement.

Bunch of schenanigans

stop being a pessimist and give facts (pls note that i have not insulted you)... the inflation rate is done monthly

kindly give us 5 products in this format

name of product price in July price in aug price in sept

that way you will see if its a lie or not..

i am not a fan of Okonjo and her people but i still feel in area of pricing we have not done so badly
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by davide470(m): 11:14am On Oct 15, 2014
destante:
Davide470 your prediction I guess.
Nah. it was you that predicted something of this sort. thumbs up.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by r33d(m): 11:15am On Oct 15, 2014
danbdavid:
Were has d price gone down our stastician are also politician idiot and fool

Not only statisticians oo, na the fault of Dr Okonjo Iweala and that CBN governor Emefiele. They fix inflation rate at a very unrealistic percentage every time. Go to market and see the current food prices; it is not encouraging at all oo

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by gnykelly(m): 11:19am On Oct 15, 2014
this thread isn't for Nair a landers. they are more interested in rumours.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by destante(f): 11:28am On Oct 15, 2014
davide470:
Nah. it was you that predicted something of this sort. thumbs up.
well, not sure of that. I haven't even been keeping with the stocks report lately, is there something u are not doing? grin
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by destante(f): 11:29am On Oct 15, 2014
numbers don't lie now, how things quickly get politicized here amazes me a little.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by davide470(m): 11:31am On Oct 15, 2014
destante:
well, not sure of that. I haven't even been keeping with the stocks report lately, is there something u are not doing? grin
Stocks right now are at an all time low this year...meaning good entry point...also meaning some investors have lost money.

What am i not doing? grin
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by destante(f): 11:38am On Oct 15, 2014
davide470:
Stocks right now are at an all time low this year...meaning good entry point...also meaning some investors have lost money.

What am i not doing? grin
wow. thanks already. nse this year might be among the worst performing stocks globally. And what you were not doing is that which you've jes done. smiley
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by erico2k2(m): 11:43am On Oct 15, 2014
muktarmtt:
silent worker my As*s did u go to market nd buy anything dropping only in d newspaper jere who r dey foolyn because 2015 is in d corner dat why dey start all nonsensical lies good 4nish dem all
When they asked you guys to broaden you thinking and knowledge you cried fawl.Now see how you reason.Check the inflaltion rate in the UK.US and china plis Gbermany U will see reduction.prices of food stuff never ever comes down.go and read up and be wiser.did you ever hear the prices of new Cars came down?jst so u know.these figures would only effect ur pocket if you are into international trade.import export.Not Garri.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by Hamazz1: 11:45am On Oct 15, 2014
Truth234:
These are mere statistics drawn from imaginary society, the price of food item is on the rise. I still don't understand where our analysts get their data from because their data never reflects the situation of the people. CPI is to measure consumer price index which can as well be use to evaluate consumer confidence (CCI) in the economy.

We don't trust their leadership, how can we have confidence in them. In other economies once economic data is release their entire economy will respond in relation to the released data, foreign investments will increase. If you try am for Nigeria, you are dead because the data is fake. Nigeria case tire me.
4 bringing ds technical knowledge to this forum jonathanians will brand u boko haram or boko haram sympatizer.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by erico2k2(m): 11:57am On Oct 15, 2014
Hamazz1:
4 bringing ds technical knowledge to this forum jonathanians will brand u boko haram or boko haram sympatizer.
I employ you to read and check the inflation os societies like the UK.the US and china.U will see it.coming down amd prices dont come down.things like bread.rent.transport Grocerries.my friend get acquinted in proper economics and know the meanings of subject matter and comment meaningfully.
PS. If the rate goes up next month would your house rent increase?is it compulsery fuel price goes up?try and understand the effect of inflation on the common man b4 U comment

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by CrudeGH: 11:58am On Oct 15, 2014
360command:
We might not be seeing the price of certain goods go down but I can testify that things are cheap and worth buying of such value in Nigeria. Until some of you go to other Africa countries like Ghana, you would then know what inflation means.
please leave Ghana out of this
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by redcliff: 11:59am On Oct 15, 2014
Ovialekhe:
Not so sure ur statistics are right.Wateva goes up in this country either goes higher or remains as it is.

Lol. It doesnt obey the law of gravity..smh
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by londoner: 12:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
It's good news. If the drop in prices are not being passed on to the consumer/ customer, it may b the ordinary Nigerians/shop/stall owners that you are buying from that are not passing on the saving.

As far as I can tell, Nigerians do not buy food, such as garri directly from the federal government.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by ducii: 12:07pm On Oct 15, 2014
olajide8:
What alter rubbish - economics built on faulty foundations - business are finding hard to survive and a lot are shutting down - the purchasing power has drastically reduced people can't pay their children's school fees we can't even buy since we don't have income talkless of disposable income - why wouldn't inflation drop - prices would go down now as those still selling are just trying to so as to live - what alter rubbish - world bank economics* which america don't even follow- she's winning awards - the masses are getting more impoverished - the rich are getting richer the middle class is declining once again - because you are either rich or poor*

Your Assertions are wrong, Nigeria's Inflation went up consistently for 6months straight this year, did you see the prices of garri or your rent go up?

It doesn't work like that my friend.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by donodion(m): 12:12pm On Oct 15, 2014
grin grin Okonjo paper statistics.....chei chei chei.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS by younglino: 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
Why is the drop in inflation not felt by the common man?

http://www.qservers.net/process/?aff=027

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CBN Seeks Sweeping Powers To Seize Foreign Currency / Today's Naira Rates Against Dollar, Pounds And Euro / How Can I Set Up Poly Bag Factory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.