Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Speaking In Tongues - Your Take. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues - Your Take. (690 Views)

Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? / Speaking In Tongues Medical Study Proves Holy Spirit Praying / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Speaking In Tongues - Your Take. by shotster50(m): 11:40pm On Nov 12, 2008
I have had countless debates over this issue . It would be good if fellow Nlanders contribute their views on this subject.
Re: Speaking In Tongues - Your Take. by MrCrackles(m): 11:41pm On Nov 12, 2008
Its all a fucking scam!!

Iro nla

God punish oksshshshsrabababababababa
Re: Speaking In Tongues - Your Take. by shotster50(m): 12:46am On Nov 13, 2008
lol
Re: Speaking In Tongues - Your Take. by SeanT21(f): 2:52am On Nov 13, 2008
Speaking in Tounges is a special Gift from The Holy Spirit to Some of His Followers!!

Its not fake!!

Mark 16:17
"These signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new languages"

Acts 2:4
" All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit, and they began to speak in other languages as the Spirit enabled them."

Corinthians 14:2,4,13,14,19
"For the one speaking in a tongue does not speak to people but to God, for no one understands; he is speaking mysteries by the Spirit. 4 The one who speaks in a tongue builds himself up, but the one who prophesies builds up the church. 13 So then, one who speaks in a tongue should pray that he may interpret. 14 If I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unproductive. 19 but in the church I want to speak five words with my mind to instruct others, rather than ten thousand words in a tongue."
Re: Speaking In Tongues - Your Take. by shotster50(m): 7:31am On Nov 13, 2008
@ SeanT21 ,

Girl, never knew you could quote the bible like this. Well anyway,my point is this, 'Speaking in tongues' was depicted in the bible, but I think people are actually abusing that today. I have seen people go off just like that completely blabbering utter gibberish. The whole idea of it was that as one spoke it, someone from another tongue could possibly understand what one is saying, etc (correct me if i am wrong). I dont really see that happening in our churches today.
Re: Speaking In Tongues - Your Take. by SeanT21(f): 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2008
shotster50:

@ SeanT21 ,

Girl, never knew you could quote the bible like this. Well anyway,my point is this, 'Speaking in tongues' was depicted in the bible, but I think people are actually abusing that today. I have seen people go off just like that completely blabbering utter gibberish. The whole idea of it was that as one spoke it, someone from another tongue could possibly understand what one is saying, etc (correct me if i am wrong). I don't really see that happening in our churches today.

I am not sure about this one!!

I think There are People out there that abuse the art of Speaking in Tounges Though!!
Re: Speaking In Tongues - Your Take. by geniuspro: 8:33pm On Nov 13, 2008
I believe speaking in tongues is for christians that have been saved,washed and baptised in the holy spirit.

It is a medium of communication with God and your inner spirit,

Although certain people are misusing this great gift of God.

Too Sad!
Re: Speaking In Tongues - Your Take. by Bastage: 8:36pm On Nov 13, 2008
Speaking in tongues is for those who are too stupid to speak in their own language.
Re: Speaking In Tongues - Your Take. by AKO1(m): 8:45pm On Nov 13, 2008

(1)

Christian Missionary Shown Sense Amongst The Piraha Of Amazon / How To Get To Heaven? / Reflection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.