Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,142 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? (10636 Views)

Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them / Speaking In Tongues Medical Study Proves Holy Spirit Praying / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by aglomar: 11:23am On Dec 23, 2012
I was at d carol service of a Christ Embassy church yesterday and d pastor told us to speak in tongues to our neighour. I kept quiet as I haven't received that gift. However, d lady beside me felt bad as I wasn't reciprocating the good things she was declaring into my life. When the pastor came up again and made the same request, I was sure to sow some statements in Ijebu into my Ibo neighbour. Can u intentionally start\stop speaking in tongues? I thought that happens as d holyghost leads?

7 Likes

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by ooman(m): 11:24am On Dec 23, 2012
Yea, you can consciously speak in tongues, just like you can consciously be insane without knowing

12 Likes

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by Afam4eva(m): 11:53am On Dec 23, 2012
lol grin
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by vislabraye(m): 11:56am On Dec 23, 2012
You're conscious when speaking in tongues. But you don't have any idea of what you're saying or going to say next.

4 Likes

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by ooman(m): 11:56am On Dec 23, 2012
vislabraye: You're conscious when speaking in tongues. But you don't have any idea of what you're saying or going to say next.

Yea because you just ran mad

2 Likes

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by alfredo4u(m): 11:57am On Dec 23, 2012
Is called madness in d spiritual realm. I was caught once, but now it flow as if im eatin eba.

1 Like

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 23, 2012
Speaking in tongues? The last time I spoke in tongues was when my teacher flogged stars out of my head back then in secondary school! As I was speaking it,my wicked teacher was saying Amen. grin

1 Like

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by Francuiz: 11:58am On Dec 23, 2012
You are conscious. Bt its a gift of d holy spirit. I dnt knw y pple r so in need of d gifts of d holy spirit bt neglet d fruits of d Holy spirit.

8 Likes

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by admajorem: 12:00pm On Dec 23, 2012
It comes as a burdn in d heart, weling up frm within 2 uter some words. But these uterance goes beyond natural understanding. Even within u, u'l kno dat ur known languages cant express it. All u can do at dis instance is 2 open ur mouth and some words keeps coming out. Howeva, d Holy Spirit will explain it beter within ur heart. But know dat Speaking in toungue and praying in toungue are 2 diff things. Hapy sunday.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by vichofu(m): 12:02pm On Dec 23, 2012
it flows 4rm within.....

Sent 4rm my iPad.....
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by Gabrielsylar(m): 12:03pm On Dec 23, 2012
Please let's STOP putting this kind of threads on frontpage cos it will only keep fuelling the insanity of the likes of oonan and his fraternity and I doubt if his folks can afford the psychiatrics expences
ooman: Yea, you can consciously speak in tongues, just like you can consciously be insane without knowing

4 Likes

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by Ricdave(m): 12:03pm On Dec 23, 2012
grin una no go kill us o.

[b][/b]
ooman: Yea, you can consciously speak in tongues, just like you can consciously be insane without knowing
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by Danex1988(m): 12:06pm On Dec 23, 2012
Speaking in tounges is utter rubbish far as I'm concerned. How does a grown man/woman open his/her mouth nd start uttering baby noises and gibberish and call it "speaking in touunges".

5 Likes

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by djeezy(m): 12:09pm On Dec 23, 2012
What a funny thread. Well i don't know how speaking in tongues work because i have never done it before. But i have seen extreme speaking in tongues and i doubt they do it consciously. I wanted to raise an alarm that people should tie her up. She was going mad and rolling on the floor and when she stood up, i thought she was gonna munch my ear off but then to her, she was only speaking in tongues.

1 Like

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 23, 2012
Oh look, it's another speaking-in-tongues thread... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 23, 2012
Gabriel_sylar: Please let's STOP putting this kind of threads on frontpage cos it will only keep fuelling the insanity of the likes of oonan and his fraternity and I doubt if his folks can afford the psychiatrics expences

Now you are complaining but if it was a Muslim thread that was put in front page you Christians will rush to attack Muslims in it.

1 Like

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by chichiman: 12:15pm On Dec 23, 2012
[size=38pt]RUBBISH [/size]

1 Like

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by obicentlis: 12:17pm On Dec 23, 2012
Back then in school, a fellow hall mate and follower of Pst Chris will be cooking and will be speaking in tongues at the same time. He will be on his bed and his hand inside his boxer pant caressing his manliness at the same time speaking tongues. This speaking tongues of a thing has been abused. From my own understanding from the bible, is, by the power of the holy spirit, we can preach and teach other people of another tongue the word of God and His might. But, am very much surprise to learn that people to go a school so that the can learn how to speak in tongue.
May God save us all.

7 Likes

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by cap28: 12:19pm On Dec 23, 2012
as conscious as i can get after taking coke!
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by ooman(m): 12:20pm On Dec 23, 2012
obicentlis: Back then in school, a fellow hall mate and follower of Pst Chris will be cooking and will be speaking in tongues at the same time. He will be on his bed and his hand inside his boxer pant caressing his manliness at the same time speaking tongues. This speaking tongues of a thing has been abused. From my own understanding from the bible, is, by the power of the holy spirit, we can preach and teach other people of another tongue the word of God and His might. But, am very much surprise to learn that people to go a school so that the can learn how to speak in tongue.
May God save us all.

Your guy in school speaks in tongue while he masturbates? Now that is real madness
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 23, 2012
aglomar: I was at d carol service of a Christ Embassy church yesterday and d pastor told us to speak in tongues to our neighour. I kept quiet as I haven't received that gift. However, d lady beside me felt bad as I wasn't reciprocating the good things she was declaring into my life. When the pastor came up again and made the same request, I was sure to sow some statements in Ijebu into my Ibo neighbour. Can u intentionally start\stop speaking in tongues? I thought that happens as d holyghost leads?
Imagine! What kind of a pastor will say that when its not something you learn or buy from the market... Their types are the ones who have sent bad signal to others about Christianity.

4 Likes

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 23, 2012
I don't think its possible for the person to be conscious when speaking in tongue,cos the person is taken over by another spirit entirely.
#justmy opinion#
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by ooman(m): 12:21pm On Dec 23, 2012
Yomieluv: I don't think its possible for the person to be conscious when speaking in tongue,cos the person is taken over by another spirit entirely.
#justmy opinion#

Yes, possessed by the Flying Spagetti
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 23, 2012
Yes, you are fully conscious. 85% of people who speak in tongues are pretending. It is a very rare thing. I have never spoken in tongues but I remember when I was very young and I was in the children section of a pentecostal church, the teacher(I don't know what to call her) started trying to force us to speak in tongues and made it look like you're a demon if you're not speaking in tongues. Because of this, a lot of children began pretending that they were speaking in tongues therefore spilling all sorts of nonsense from their mouths while I looked on in shock. That incident for sometime gave me a biased opinion of penticostal churches until I grew older and learnt not to generalize, I'm a catholic by the way. You can be holy all your life and never speak in tongues, that doesn't make you less righteous. Speaking in tongues is a gift and can be giving to anybody but not everybody. We should concentrate more on the fruits which we all have, we just need to help it germinate that's all. MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR in advance!

5 Likes

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 23, 2012
obicentlis: Back then in school, a fellow hall mate and follower of Pst Chris will be cooking and will be speaking in tongues at the same time. He will be on his bed and his hand inside his boxer pant caressing his manliness at the same time speaking tongues. This speaking tongues of a thing has been abused.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by Ekpekus(m): 12:28pm On Dec 23, 2012
I weep for my generation! Every one is entitled to his or her opinion but the truth can't be changed. Yeah, u speak in tongues conciously just as you conciously speak ur native language, the difference is that the Holy spirit gives you utterances.
Secondly, no man can teach you how to speak it. Its divine when you are baptized in the Holy Spirit.
Lastly, when it comes to the issue of the Holy Spirit, we all should be mindful of how we tread, cos many are suffering by words they spoke years ago that seems harmless and funny to them.
Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by ooman(m): 12:30pm On Dec 23, 2012
Ekpekus: I weep for my generation! Every one is entitled to his or her opinion but the truth can't be changed. Yeah, u speak in tongues conciously just as you conciously speak ur native language, the difference is that the Holy spirit gives you utterances.
Secondly, no man can teach you how to speak it. Its divine when you are baptized in the Holy Spirit.
Lastly, when it comes to the issue of the Holy Spirit, we all should be mindful of how we tread, cos many are suffering by words they spoke years ago that seems harmless and funny to them.
Thank you.

You are just afraid of the evil your God will do to you.
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by IdiAmin2(m): 12:38pm On Dec 23, 2012
I remember in 1993, armed robbers broke into our house in Lagos. My aunt was unaware and praying upstairs in her room. My gang of armed robbers asked us who is left in the house, so we said my aunt, her room is upstairs. We led them to her room, when we opened the door and the leader of the robbers saw that she was praying. He laughed and said" 'Madam you dey pray? make I join you, robobbokaraba!!!, then the rest of the robbers joined him in speaking in tongues !!! grin grin grin
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by SpicyMimi(f): 12:40pm On Dec 23, 2012
obicentlis: Back then in school, a fellow hall mate and follower of Pst Chris will be cooking and will be speaking in tongues at the same time. He will be on his bed and his hand inside his boxer pant caressing his manliness at the same time speaking tongues. This speaking tongues of a thing has been abused. From my own understanding from the bible, is, by the power of the holy spirit, we can preach and teach other people of another tongue the word of God and His might. But, am very much surprise to learn that people to go a school so that the can learn how to speak in tongue.
May God save us all.
Sharrapp! How do u know this? U saw him shey? People are fond of exagerrations! Cooking up or adding more to the story! I aint buying it!

2 Likes

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by bunmila(f): 12:41pm On Dec 23, 2012
Danex1988: Speaking in tounges is utter rubbish far as I'm concerned. How does a grown man/woman open his/her mouth nd start uttering baby noises and gibberish and call it "speaking in touunges".
Its usually safer not to comment about the things you do not understand

6 Likes

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 23, 2012
aglomar: I was at d carol service of a Christ Embassy church yesterday and d pastor told us to speak in tongues to our neighour. I kept quiet as I haven't received that gift. However, d lady beside me felt bad as I wasn't reciprocating the good things she was declaring into my life. When the pastor came up again and made the same request, I was sure to sow some statements in Ijebu into my Ibo neighbour. Can u intentionally start\stop speaking in tongues? I thought that happens as d holyghost leads?
firstly u need d baptism of the Holy Spirit and the evidence that u ave receive the Holy Spirit is the speaking in an unknown tongue as the spirit gives u utterance..secondly there is a difference btw speaking diversities of tongues(inspiration/prophetic gifts) and praying in tongues(devotional gifts)..the latter is wat the pastor encouraged u to do with ur neighbor..if u re not baptised forget it, no need to fake it..and bro..u should be careful who u listen to in threads like this on the internet..it is better u ask a believer in church or your pastor for more light on this, because d devil continually speaks spiritual defilement over God's children. satan is a speaking spirit who comprehends and understand d power of speech..u might not know it but words are powerful..dats why we won't relent in speaking The TRUTH. let us not fool ourselves that our upbringing, our background, our heritage, our relatives, our good intentions, our good nature are of any defense against the power of d spiritual domain of darkness to defile. SPIRITUAL ATTACKS MUST BE MET BY SPIRITUAL RESISTANCE! darkness can only be conquered by LIGHT. the power of satan can only be counterd, opposed, broken down and destroyed by d power of d kingdom of Jesus Christ. There is no other option. I would advise u to get a copy of "the Holy Spirit and His Gifts" by kenneth hagin..God bless bro...

1 Like

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by SpicyMimi(f): 12:50pm On Dec 23, 2012
ooman:

Yes, possessed by the Flying Spagetti
You think u r funny shey? The truth is you are the Mad man here! Your thinking faculty is drained, u shud refil it asap! Just so u know...we all gat our dffrt views and opinions here nd we ve d right to xpress them. The fact dat u dont agree wid others doesnt mean u shud go arnd fightn them, just leave everyone to his or her opinion or betterstil u cud go take a backward dive into lagos lagoon!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nasarawa Mysterious Cross Near Mosque-photos / "Re-Electing Buhari Will Perpetuate Suffering" - Bishop Chukwuma / Ifa Divination ~ How To Consult Ifa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.