Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

What Can We Do To Avoid So Much Traffic In Nigeria Most In Lagos? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Can We Do To Avoid So Much Traffic In Nigeria Most In Lagos? (1025 Views)

See How Much Traffic You Need To Earn $100,000 With Google Adsense / Three ATM PIN Codes To Avoid / Where Can I Get Internet Traffic In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can We Do To Avoid So Much Traffic In Nigeria Most In Lagos? by sosolution: 11:42pm On Nov 12, 2008
What can we do to avoid so much traffic in nigeria most expecialy lagos, plz give ur idea and opinion about this.
Re: What Can We Do To Avoid So Much Traffic In Nigeria Most In Lagos? by MrCrackles(m): 11:44pm On Nov 12, 2008
get everyone to ditch the cars and start cycling as well as walking!!
Re: What Can We Do To Avoid So Much Traffic In Nigeria Most In Lagos? by tboy1(m): 11:47pm On Nov 12, 2008
Thats what happens when one person owns 15 - 20 cars. First thing a newly rich man does in naija is buy 2-3 cars.
When they build house, they'll buy another car to do house warming ceremony cheesy grin cheesy

solution: more ppl should use public transport
Re: What Can We Do To Avoid So Much Traffic In Nigeria Most In Lagos? by MrCrackles(m): 11:49pm On Nov 12, 2008
tboy1:

Thats what happens when one person owns 15 - 20 cars. First thing a newly rich man does in naija is buy 2-3 cars.
When they build house, they'll buy another car to do house warming ceremony cheesy grin cheesy

solution: more people should use public transport

ego no go gree naw! grin

OBJ no fit enter molue neither would IBORI jump on Okada

Instead na entourage and pool of cars all over the place

stupid country
Re: What Can We Do To Avoid So Much Traffic In Nigeria Most In Lagos? by kokorunna(m): 3:03pm On Nov 17, 2008
Build better roads and make them wider grin
Re: What Can We Do To Avoid So Much Traffic In Nigeria Most In Lagos? by serifshorg: 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2008
In my own candid opinion, we should be self disciplined on the road. Let us learn how to wait for our turn when there is traffic jam.
Re: What Can We Do To Avoid So Much Traffic In Nigeria Most In Lagos? by Moyo1(m): 11:56am On Dec 04, 2008
Movement of all vehicles can be regulated by using their registration numbers like it once happened before. Cars with registration numbers that end with an even number can be allowed to move on the roads on some specific days. The same goes for those that end with odd numbers.

By this, half of the total number of cars walking on our roads will actually be seen on the roads everyday, and this will reduce the heavy traffic on our roads.

However the only condition for this idea to work efficiently is dat gov. provides surplus and high standard commutter busses and ferries. Our cities will become great to live in then.
Re: What Can We Do To Avoid So Much Traffic In Nigeria Most In Lagos? by Thadude(m): 2:41pm On Dec 04, 2008
Okokorunna thank you.

Simply expand our roads to 5-lanes on either sides, the roads we have today were projected for our population of the 1960s/1970s, Now that we have grown in size isnt it sensibly right that our roads also to grow in expansion to handle the kind of population we now have in the 21st century??, The number of people without cars in lagos tripple those who have cars in Lagos. In any case even if it was one man one car, the traffic jam on our roads will be worst than what we have today.
Fashola understands this, may his name be written in GOLD when he lives office for the numerous initiative taken, which the past governors of the state couldnt initiate.
Re: What Can We Do To Avoid So Much Traffic In Nigeria Most In Lagos? by damola1: 3:03pm On Dec 04, 2008
Una don forget say; BRT get their own special lane.

Anyway, me I get okada wey I dey ride, so traffic no be my problem.
Re: What Can We Do To Avoid So Much Traffic In Nigeria Most In Lagos? by larez(m): 8:31pm On Dec 06, 2008
What if i told you that I could get you to Ijebu Ife from Lekki in less than 30 minutes no matter how traffic is. What if i told you that I could get you to Ikire in Oshun State in less than 45 minutes from Lekki. What if I told you that I can get you right below Abeokuta in Less than 1 hour from Unilag in less than an 1-1/2 hour, no matter what the traffic situation is. Will you believe me? Lagos is very endowed, but we fail to plan and use it's resources. If Lagos State government will work with me, I have a plan complete with Satellite presentations.

Femi

Re: What Can We Do To Avoid So Much Traffic In Nigeria Most In Lagos? by scottN(m): 8:52pm On Dec 06, 2008
Since Lagos is surrounded by water to a large extent, I think it's time d transport sector explore the inland water ways transportation system. Btw which is cheaper to implement, the rail system or the water transport system?

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Tv Advertisement/commercials On Nigerian Television / Need High Glossy Magazine Printer / Where Can I Produce Corporate Customized Badge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.