Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:35 AM

A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War (3051 Views)

Liberian President Appoints Son Central Bank Governor / Graphic Photos: Liberian Soldiers Open Fire On Residents Of Ebola Slum / American Hypocrisy-is Patrick Sawyer A Liberian Or A Liberian American (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by frrank(m): 6:12pm On Jan 26, 2015
Nedu2000, thanks.....following
Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by leofab(f): 4:31am On Feb 02, 2015
nedu2000:
lol @rambo,I wasn't facing a group of commandos,I was facing merely a group of untrained people with weapons and of cause,they under-estimated me since I was just a nerd who wears glasses.....the scar of a gunshot wound to my left shoulder that I got during training still existss & I still wear glasses,I could show u that
so within two weeks you have learnt from jet li to how to block bullets with a cutlass? Let us know when you wake up from your dream!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by nedu2000(m): 5:01am On Feb 02, 2015
leofab:
so within two weeks you have learnt from jet li to how to block bullets with a cutlass? Let us know when you wake up from your dream!
I'm not invincible o but black men when they come as a mob are mostly made up of brawn & no brains,no skills,plus fortunately 4 me all a few had guns and we're not even so skilled in it,so it wasn't difficult to run up to them,remember even with their guns they can't easily shoot me through a crowd.....to be sincere sha,if it happens how I'll probably go hide somewhere than face a mob now,I was 12yrs then
Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by panafrican(m): 5:06am On Feb 02, 2015
Have you heard of General Charles Julu and Colonel Harris Penue when you were in Liberia?
Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by nedu2000(m): 5:17am On Feb 02, 2015
On this day,the fear came,from my friends vantage point(window) we could see most probably 50 armed men,they shot in the air,automatic rxn was the routine stampede,those that actually left the classrooms and ran we're the lucky ones,those remaining thinking it was a usual hoax faced it music!!! The armed men entered the classes told them to lie down & robbed them,there was a deeper life fellowship going on in one of the classes a female member was shot on her leg,I heard she eventually died. Its strange when you imagine that all this was happening within the 'relatively safe' confines of the school,but it wasn't over!as I was about to turn from observer to meeting them face to face......a few of them were heading towards the hostel "omo Tony off the light!!"
Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by leofab(f): 10:45pm On Feb 02, 2015
nedu2000:
I'm not invincible o but black men when they come as a mob are mostly made up of brawn & no brains,no skills,plus fortunately 4 me all a few had guns and we're not even so skilled in it,so it wasn't difficult to run up to them,remember even with their guns they can't easily shoot me through a crowd.....to be sincere sha,if it happens how I'll probably go hide somewhere than face a mob now,I was 12yrs then
are you married? Cos a lady like me needs someone like you as a husband. Remember bullying is part of our life.
Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by nedu2000(m): 12:47am On Feb 03, 2015
leofab:
are you married? Cos a lady like me needs someone like you as a husband. Remember bullying is part of our life.
bullying isn't a good thing,preying on the weak is actually a sign of weakness.....besides that was when I was 12yrs,apart 4rm when I manhandled an agbero that was harrassing my dad and I ,I will most likely take a punch and look the other way!!.....just A punch I said,nothing more grin. I'm single though
Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by nedu2000(m): 12:57am On Feb 03, 2015
Some of these armed men stormed into block B hostel,1st room was my friends,a former man-o-war it was.
Seeing it was getting precarious we switched off the lights and bolted the door,then there was a hard bang on the door,b4 one could say wayne rooney,the door was kicked open!!!
There stood a guy with an arnold swaznegger pose of terminator II,long overall coat with a pump action,with two others,he shot at the ceiling and exclaimed "lie down"!!point the gun at we three occupants. Two other goons accompanied him
Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by nedu2000(m): 7:08am On Feb 03, 2015
....We all scampered for the best piece of ground we could lay on,unfortunate I was wearing my glasses so couldn't lay head flat I tried removing my glasses while on the floor when one of the armed men hit me in the head with the back of his gun,it wasn't painful but blood did pour out from my head like a tap,then he told me to stand up!! At this point I was furious within me, as if there's anything I hate,its oppression.
I stood up ,bloodied,faced the guy with gun in his hand but I did so without fear and he saw it. (Their mates and younger fight wars in conflict regions around the world encountering enemies with equal or greater armoury than they meanwhile Nigerian thugs & cults are looking for the harmless to prey upon-cowards)
Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 03, 2015
@Nedu2000. I was in BGS in 1994, whats the name of the Principal,? headboy?, what hostel did you stay? And your hostel master's name?

Lets start from there in authenticating your story. Cheers and l'm enjoying it. (#BGS 1993-1999 set)
Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by nedu2000(m): 5:58pm On Feb 03, 2015
densel:
@Nedu2000. I was in BGS in 1994, whats the name of the Principal,? headboy?, what hostel did you stay? And your hostel master's name?

Lets start from there in authenticating your story. Cheers and l'm enjoying it. (#BGS 1993-1999 set)
to be sincere I can't remember names just faces & characters ,but the vice-p was one yoruba man with tribal marks,I remember one of the housemasters then(there were 3)he owned a poultry,chubby guy and a tranditional worshipper (so I heard),another was one very slim man who use to allow us watch match in his house,then the last one I think was normal & use to act as a bank for most students.......I also remember when d military administrator of Lagos state was to visit the school,labour for a full week only for him to spend nothing more dan 5mins.......seniors boys banged girls in the jakande block close to the cafeteria.......I remember one senior,just one,he was expelled but I liked him Bode Awokuleyin(korrupt)-black guy like that,for walking to the girls hostel stack naked,talk about crazy.....massacre!!!na for that school I first chop beans and corn......Mr Olu,agric teacher I hear was brutal with the cane,lanky black dude like dat.....I also remember when all SS2 students were flogged 'cos one girl got pregnant and she refused telling who was responsible grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 03, 2015
nedu2000:
to be sincere I can't remember names just faces & characters ,but the vice-p was one yoruba man with tribal marks,I remember one of the housemasters then(there were 3)he owned a poultry,chubby guy and a tranditional worshipper (so I heard),another was one very slim man who use to allow us watch match in his house,then the last one I think was normal & use to act as a bank for most students.......I also remember when d military administrator of Lagos state was to visit the school,labour for a full week only for him to spend nothing more dan 5mins.......seniors boys banged girls in the jakande block close to the cafeteria.......I remember one senior,just one,he was expelled but I liked him Bode Awokuleyin(korrupt)-black guy like that,for walking to the girls hostel stack naked,talk about crazy.....massacre!!!na for that school I first chop beans and corn......Mr Olu,agric teacher I hear was brutal with the cane,lanky black dude like dat.....I also remember when all SS2 students were flogged 'cos one girl got pregnant and she refused telling who was resemble grin grin
yes nedu I can relate with all u wrote. Principal is mr C. A Duru. The normal housemaster who serves as a bank is mr Pativoh an Egun man. The one at d back of anex hostel, we watched match in his house. His wife would have a baby every other year. Massaca: the selfish act of packing food from a pot meant for a table of 10 students. "Wicked" mr Olu: u dare not remain on d walk way when he is walking by. Now let me juggle ur memory. do u remember school far: "land of no mercy" when its time to flex muscles. What about those enemity football matches against Ajara gramar school and Kankon model college. Ah menn! Boarding School was fun. Today its private school every where,will kids still have our kind of fun?

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by nedu2000(m): 3:34am On Feb 04, 2015
densel:
yes nedu I can relate with all u wrote. Principal is mr C. A Duru. The normal housemaster who serves as a bank is mr Pativoh an Egun man. The one at d back of anex hostel, we watched match in his house. His wife would have a baby every other year. Massaca: the selfish act of packing food from a pot meant for a table of 10 students. "Wicked" mr Olu: u dare not remain on d walk way when he is walking by. Now let me juggle ur memory. do u remember school far: "land of no mercy" when its time to flex muscles. What about those enemity football matches against Ajara gramar school and Kankon model college. Ah menn! Boarding School was fun. Today its private school every where,will kids still have our kind of fun?
I don't know if you know any Festus Idisi Sunday,our star footballer,had a scar beneath his chin......but the taps where relatively too far away,as u go der ur most likely to be cut off by a senior who'll 'ask u' to fetch water for him,or wash his shirt
Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 04, 2015
[b][/b]
nedu2000:
I don't know if you know any Festus Idisi Sunday,our star footballer,had a scar beneath his chin......but the taps where relatively too far away,as u go der ur most likely to be cut off by a senior who'll 'ask u' to fetch water for him,or wash his shirt
typo error pls, l meant school farm: "land of no mercy" for fighting without hopes of anyone separating u. Festus Idisi Sunday? that is like asking if l remember my father's name. He is dark,hansom,huge, not tall and 'bounce' when walking, with that 'forget me not scar' underneath his jaw. What about him? Did you have any personal encounter with him?
For the junior team,do you remember Wisdom Orajiekwe: star footballer and most intelligent/brilliant chap in 1994 set.He wins on the field and in class . The team is built around him(scores in every match...well almost every match) but when its time for the academic awards, you keep hearing his name as best student: physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics etc
Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by nedu2000(m): 5:52pm On Feb 04, 2015
Then what could've turned to something else was quenched by 1 of the 3 guys (who tapped the guy on d shoulder)and told him to mellow. Would I have engaged him(them)if it wasn't for that guy,whom by the way I suspect was Andy- the cultist of the other day?Nope!!remember they were 50 of them scathered round the campus if I do, most importantly I would be putting my friends in the room in grave danger and maybe more,a few battered egos with our lives won't hurt,they took my friend's phone though....by 2002 I didn't own one.
As all d cultists regrouped and left after about 45mins of rampage,the police arrived with d first aid people,3 innocent students were killed many injured including me.Strangely enough,with a bandage over my head,partly bleeding I still made the engrng thermodynamics exam 8am the next day!!! Uniport er...
Feb 2008,I go student affairs dept ,beside my name was the initial of the state in Nigeria I was to serve "BO",chei!!I started thing of other possible states with such initials maybe akwa iBOm,Borno was also going to become a very eventful experience-"omo na God dey save person o"
Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by nedu2000(m): 6:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
@densel,did you ever play ball on the tennis court close to the fence?monkey post,I liked it only that a slight mistake and you've peeled ur toe skin. Seniors kept on seizing our balls,esp the ones tennyson(abducted with me) brought from town.....I liked the school er,though I stand by my word say god go punish all the seniors way don make me 'TOILET NINJA' to the wash that hell,that is called a toilet & I still wonder till this day why human beings will see a gaping hole and still shit on the floor or even at the entrance of the toilet,students er
Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by Nobody: 12:45am On Feb 05, 2015
nedu2000:
@densel,did you ever play ball on the tennis court close to the fence?monkey post,I liked it only that a slight mistake and you've peeled ur toe skin. Seniors kept on seizing our balls,esp the ones tennyson(abducted with me) brought from town.....I liked the school er,though I stand by my word say god go punish all the seniors way don make me 'TOILET NINJA' to the wash that hell,that is called a toilet & I still wonder till this day why human beings will see a gaping hole and still shit on the floor or even at the entrance of the toilet,students er
亅yeh, l played on the tennis court.
I still see Festus Sunday around Gbagada in Lagos. He's into GNLD.
Passed along BGS not quite long. Now its just a day school, no more boarding, students looking dirty. In our time,students tried to out-do themselves on clean clothes with razor-sharp "gators" on trousers....... calling bell....school father....lol
Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by nedu2000(m): 3:47am On Feb 05, 2015
densel:
亅yeh, l played on the tennis court.
I still see Festus Sunday around Gbagada in Lagos. He's into GNLD.
Passed along BGS not quite long. Now its just a day school, no more boarding, students looking dirty. In our time,students tried to out-do themselves on clean clothes with razor-sharp "gators" on trousers....... calling bell....school father....lol
pls pardon my ignorance what's GNLD?is it sports related?
Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 09, 2015
nedu2000:
pls pardon my ignorance what's GNLD?is it sports related?
its a multi level marketing Company that distributes health suplements. They talk you into joining them and you are expected to talk others into joining. And the chain goes on and on......
Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by nedu2000(m): 5:25am On Feb 15, 2015
So its borno for me,3 weeks in camp and was post to mirnga,Biu "the climate is okay,its not a hot there quite unlike Baga,monguno,mallam fatori or even the capital" and true to 'their' word Biu is(was) a 'biu'tiful place with waterfalls,mountain peaks and rocks as big as a 3 storey building,Biu should be a tourist attraction
Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by nedu2000(m): 5:34am On Feb 15, 2015
My posting was to a state-owned girls school GGSS c̶h̶i̶b̶o̶k̶ Mirnga grin a slightly remote suburb of Biu,Mirnga 'ave 99.9% muslim population the only 0.1% are from the few teachers posted there,corpers and er the prostitutes( ‎​yes,they were allowed in this town to own a brothel & alcohol sold),here I met an old friend from my short time in Liberia.....this was April 2008
Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by ToksOya: 4:59pm On Oct 21, 2015
@densel and @nedu2000 must have been my seniors or something. I googled Festus Idisi and I found this thread. I couldn't find him on social media. That dude was charismatic. BGS is not only a day school, they still have boarding facilities but is now a shadow of itself. I was sad.
Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by nedu2000(m): 6:39pm On Oct 21, 2015
ToksOya:
@densel and @nedu2000 must have been my seniors or something. I googled Festus Idisi and I found this thread. I couldn't find him on social media. That dude was charismatic. BGS is not only a day school, they still have boarding facilities but is now a shadow of itself. I was sad.
the state of BGS is simply tragic,saw him on a sports program on TV over a decade ago but dats just abt it "Festus idisi sunday"
Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by Obrigardo: 12:21am On Oct 24, 2015
nedu2000:
the state of BGS is simply tragic,saw him on a sports program on TV over a decade ago but dats just abt it "Festus idisi sunday"

I could relate to all you wrote about Uniport - the killing of that guy in front of block c amino kano hostel, the raid of the cult guys at night on choba campus, and the killing of the man o war guys inside block c...i witnessed it all as i was in block b at that time from 2000, but i think you are trying to fix yourself into these stories. Just a thought though
Re: A Nairalander's Experience-liberian Civil War by nedu2000(m): 12:20pm On Oct 29, 2015
Obrigardo:

I could relate to all you wrote about Uniport - the killing of that guy in front of block c amino kano hostel, the raid of the cult guys at night on choba campus, and the killing of the man o war guys inside block c...i witnessed it all as i was in block b at that time from 2000, but i think you are trying to fix yourself into these stories. Just a thought though
na wa oh,i don suffer. I don't think i've narrated anything beyond belief

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alert: Isis Posts Photos Thanking Obama For What They Just Got From Him [photos] / Germany: Afghan Refugee Vandalizes Church Cause He Can’t Accept Christianity / Emperor Of Japan, Naruhito Arrives In UK For Queen Elizabeth II Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.