Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Actor And Boss - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Actor And Boss (1855 Views)

The Most Handsome Korea Actor And The Most Beautiful Actress / Who Is The Better Actor?odunlade Adekola Or Femi Adebayo? / Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Actor And Boss by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 15, 2014
there are mostly two main characters in an action movie. the hero and the villain.

but in Nigeria most of us grew up to the 'actor' and 'boss' names for them grin

the 'actor' being the hero while the villain is called 'boss'

this is a typical scenario
*guy walks into his friend's house during the last part of an action movie*
guy: o boy wetin be the name of this film?
friend: ghetto guns
guy: o boy this film tough o. which of them be actor?
friend: na the one wey them dey beat o
guy: chai this boss sabi fight o. see as he dey use actor shine
friend: na wash. na power he dey give actor so. if he vex, boss own don done
grin grin grin

the only explanation i can come up with is that since the villain(boss) is always surrounded by his goons or thugs and they mostly refer to him as 'boss' so it stuck grin

and since the hero(actor) is the one with the wow moves, he was given the title of 'actor' grin (as if he is the only one acting)

what is your explanation as to why Nigerians refer to the as ''actor'' and ''boss''??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Actor And Boss by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 15, 2014
They're probably references to old movies in which the roles of certain characters just stuck.

1 Like

Re: Actor And Boss by pweetyz(f): 2:51pm On Oct 15, 2014
i've got no idea..was born into the world that way buh i'd say that naija is just a unique place to be

1 Like

Re: Actor And Boss by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 16, 2014
pweetyz:
i've got no idea..was born into the world that way buh i'd say that naija is just a unique place to be
ofcourse
Re: Actor And Boss by Fxwarrior: 4:20am On Oct 17, 2014
Op you have already said it all.

Lol @ if actor vex boss own done be...
Re: Actor And Boss by Jayboy124: 7:32am On Oct 17, 2014
A friend of mine did a research and found out that there was a popular film in the 70s or 80s that had a villain called 'The Boss'. I haven't done a thorough research to know how true it is.

But I sorta believe that version.

Then of course, a kid could have asked his dad who that guy was and the dad could have said actor.

So, basically the kid thinks 'hero' is same as 'actor'.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Watch The Boss Baby (2017) Full Movie [hd-720p] / Pay-as-you-watch Tv Provider, TSTV, Sets To Unveil Products By October 1. / Tacha Suffers Serious Wardrobe Malfunction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.