Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,699 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) (90670 Views)

Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review / Which Nigerian Actor Or Actress Can Win An Oscar / Which Actor or Actress Would You Rather Dine With? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by Seun(m): 4:43am On May 09, 2005
Ok, so maybe I don't watch Nigerian movies (Nollywood home videos) that much. This does not stop me from having a favorite movie star, and [I]her[/I] name is Rita Dominic.

I 'fell in love' with her when I saw the following animation on her fabulous website:
[flash=160,130]http://www.ritadominic.com.nyud.net:8090/videos/message.swf[/flash]

Rita Dominic - ritadominic.com

Isn't she cute? grin So who is [I]your[/I] favorite Nigerian movie star?

2 Likes

Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by whizkid(f): 11:04am On May 09, 2005
Seun,

If you want to go by looks, then there are lots of cute Nigerian actresses and actors wink. But by what they do I think thumbs up for Genevieve Nnaji, Omotola Jolade Ekeinde, Stella Aboderin. For actors, Ramsey Noah, Pete Edochie, Alex Osifo, Richard Mofe-Damijo are my favorites. I always look out for these people when shopping for Home videos.
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by dominobaby(f): 12:30pm On May 09, 2005
Though I don't fancy home videos, before I watch anyone of them, I look out for certain actors/actress I reckon with.
Trish you could not be more correct. Seun if you are to go by looks you would definetly not put Rita first on the list when you've got stunning actresses like Nnaji, Omotola, Aboderin, (my siblings and I still argue on who is more stunning), Liz Benson(though not regular these days).

My favourites definitely are those who have the acting talents/abilities and not just out there to make money or fame and they include those mentioned earlier, Bimbo Akintola and Eucharia. For the actors, RMD, Jide Kosoko, Pat Attah, and partially Ramsey. I used to like Pete Edochie until I watched one very annoying film of his.

By the way could we include favourite home videos? For me, 'Keeping Faith' still remains one of the best home videos ever I watched. I could go on and on watching it and would not hesitate to recommend it to a friend.

1 Like

Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by Seun(m): 12:48pm On May 09, 2005
As male Web administrator, the tendency is for me to be in love with the Nigerian actress with the best website. Rita Dominic's website is the Nigerian movie star website out there!

Trish, I think, as a man, I am more qualified to tell you who is beautiful and who is not grin. Genevieve Nnaji, Omotola Jolade Ekeinde, Stella Aboderin, and the rest are ok, but you know Rita Dominic is yellow ...

1 Like

Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by tayotina(f): 1:50pm On May 09, 2005
Sola Sobowale [/b]and [b]Patience Ozokwo have always been and will always be my favourites. I just hope and pray that I would be able to act like them someday. That is, if I should ever go into acting. They keep me glued to my seat for hours.

We have other talented acts in this country although we do not see much of them these days. I also love watching home video with acts like Emeka Ike, Bimbo Oshin, Motola Ekheinde, Stephanie Okereke, Steph-Nora Okeke and Charles Okafor.

Seun, yeah Rita is equally good but if you are to pick the best actress and you base it on the fact that Rita Dominic has the best website, you might end up picking the wrong person.
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by whizkid(f): 2:01pm On May 09, 2005
I forgot to mention Stephanie Okereke. She is very good. She even features in a South African soap, can't remember the name.

By the way, do you guys know that she was involved in an accident on her way to Port-Harcourt for the AMA awards?
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by dominobaby(f): 2:38pm On May 09, 2005
yeah trish, a colleague @ work was telling me same thing bout Stephanie this morning. too bad. I got to watch the summary of events on STV though not all:

Best Female Actress; Genevieve Nnaji
Best Male Actor: RMD (ed: Richard mofe Damijo)
Best Supporting Actress: Omotola.

Rita's site is definitely cool and I especially like the concept of the video talk to her fans. [I]Seun are you sure it is only that animation that made you "fall in love" with her? Because if you ask me, her site is more like something else ...[/I] wink
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by Seun(m): 2:45pm On May 09, 2005
Do you mean the pictures in the gallery? The personality that shines through in the animation is an important part of why someone would 'be in love' with Rita, and I don't think those pics show that personality.
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by amber: 3:50pm On May 09, 2005
Well, my favorite actress is Stella Aboderin smiley smiley smiley And my favorite actor is Jim Iyke lipsrsealed smiley. Anyway, speaking of Rita, she's not the best. Genevieve, not the best. Anyway that's my opinion!
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by gina34(f): 6:39pm On May 09, 2005
Well, my best Nigerian actress is Genevieve Nnaji and Caroline Ekenema, and they are the most beautiful, not forgeting Ini Edo. As for Rita Dominic, she is ok.

As for actors, Jim Iyke, Ramsey Noah, Emeka Ike and Pat Attah.
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by hope(f): 2:04am On May 10, 2005
my favourite nigerian movie star is Liz Benson and pete Edochie but i will fail not to acknowledege Ini Edo,Eucharia,Patience Ozokwo, Omotola Ekehinde and Joke Silva.[/color][color=Black][
Posted by:Hope
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by mamba(m): 7:45am On May 10, 2005
As for me, I only watch home videos when my sisters are back from school on holidays.
I actually feel that the majority of home video fans are female, do you guys notice this??

BTW, my preferences are as follows:
Best female actress; Stella Aboderin
Best male actor; Jim Iyke
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by Nobody: 7:24am On May 16, 2005
When i was little i loved segun Arinze, i just thought the name was classic. Now that I've seen a bit more movies i really like Genevieve Nnaji, Omotola Jolade Ekeinde, and Ramsey Noah.
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by Ra(f): 8:35am On May 16, 2005
Well, call me old school but my best actresses remain Joke Silva and Sola Shobowale (she caught my heart with her performance in Diamond Ring ages ago). Best actors: Olu Jacobs, Baba Wande and RMD
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by mary(f): 2:30pm On May 20, 2005
Men........,my favorite Nigerian movie star are;Jim Iyke,Emeka Ike,Genevieve Nnaji,Stephanie Okereke,and a host of others.
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by Donpet(m): 9:17pm On May 20, 2005
Hello Dear I am Donpet from Okigwe. U said U really like Genevieve Nnaji, Omotola Jolade Ekeinde, and Ramsey Noah, what about Stella damascos. She is my Beloved actress before the ones U call starting from Omotola, Ramsey then genevieve.
Bye thanks
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by oluwizard(m): 2:47pm On May 25, 2005
If I was asked to choose the best actor or actress, I would mention a lot of names. I love Nigerian films; I watch 2 or more films before going to bed in the night every day.

Let me just tell you the stars I love most:
English (male) RMD and Ameka Ike.
English (female) Omotola and Stella.
Yoruba (male) Yemi Sodimu, Saheed Balogun, Dele Odule.
Yoruba (female) Moji Afolayan, Mama Rainbow, Sola Shobowale.
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by Namio1(f): 10:37am On May 27, 2005
Genevive and RMD
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by lipstica(f): 3:03pm On May 30, 2005
My favorite Nigerian Actress is Omotola. I wish to know her website
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by ashley(f): 12:52pm On May 31, 2005
i actually like pat attan cos he is cool and i formally liked emeka ike until he acted in am movie that made him looked like an alsatian dog. and i also like stephanie okereke.
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by cutie(f): 1:48pm On May 31, 2005
oluwizard:

If I was asked to choose the best actor or actress, I would mention a lot of names.  I love Nigerian films; I watch 2 or more films before going to bed in the night every day.
isnt dat a little bit too much , or is it a sort of Hyperbol to let us know how MUCH u actually LOVE nigerian films....?
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by Asante: 1:11pm On Jun 01, 2005
My favourite actor is Ramsey Noah and Emeka IKE and my favourite actress is Omotala and Stephene Okereke. I love you guys, and stay in touch.
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by ashley(f): 3:25pm On Jun 01, 2005
Seun, I actually believe you because the pics you just showed me. She has just bcome my favourite star. smiley
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by Seun(m): 3:30pm On Jun 01, 2005
Rita Dominic,

Please pay up, I have just made you a convert! (ashley, welcome to the family).

Seun.
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by babygirl11(f): 12:30pm On Jun 02, 2005
hey i read that thing you guys wrote and i think my favorite actors and actress are gene, peter, emake, and ramsey and the rest of them that i can not mention
wink cry
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by bootysue(f): 2:02pm On Jun 02, 2005
Stella Damasus is simply the best nigerian movie star, she is a natural actress, i mean, the qualities are inborn and she appears to be very modest as well. i will do anything to meet stella. my husband would hardly sit down to watch a naija movie but when he watched stella act in (games women play), he wouldnt watch anyone else. she is absolutely brilliant.

omotola, rita dominic, steph okere,genevieve, rmd(simply the best male actor with a strong charisma) desmond elliot, sola sobowale and my darling nkem owoh are bundles of talent as well.

thumbs up for u all.

however, i think we are long overdue for blunt movie critics in naija cos some films shouldnt have been released at all, complete bollocks. e.g paradise in america, dont dare watch it if u havent wasted ur time watching it yet!
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by monica(f): 12:38pm On Jun 06, 2005
There is no doubt that Genevieve Nnaji is my best actress. She is just the best of them all, and am so proud of her.

I wish I can see or hear her voice her one day. That will be my happiest and greatest gift I have ever had.

Girl you are so cool; keep on and don't give up girl because you've not finished what you came to do. You are so beautiful.
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by legs(f): 5:43pm On Jun 08, 2005
Genevieve, Stella, Stephanie, RMD (editor: Richard Mofe Damijo), Ramsey Noah, Jim Iyke (im dey try small small!)
P.S. Is it true Stephanie was in some accident?
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by jay(f): 10:33am On Jun 10, 2005
Well its Liz Benson any day any time, she can act as a school girl, infact she fits all roles. She is too much. For the guys its Jim Ikye he is very sexy.
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by justdman(m): 12:20am On Jun 14, 2005
Are we talking about "Best home movie stars in Nigeria" or "best Nigerian movie stars". When we say home movie star: can be anybody acting film in Nigeria with whatever he/she can borrow (phonetics and antics) but a Nigerian movie star has everything Nigerian in him/her.

Based on the above, RMD stands out, Olu Jacobs, Joke Silva, Ego Boyo, Liz Benson and few others who you'll admit are Nigerians in their films. Though some are not regulars but watch every film they were in, are sought for till date eg VIOLATED 1 & 2, ONOME and others. Though I've been away for sometime now, but I bet the setting hasn't changed much. Lets be Africans in our way and proud.

Wow!, please add Nkem Owo, Aluwe and other clowns. They are the real Nigerians of all time, these people's film can make one miss an appointment. Infact, a current poll in Miami (Nigerians living there), favour these clowns.
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by dominobaby(f): 5:20pm On Jun 18, 2005
legs:

P.S. Is it true Stephanie was in some accident?

Yep, she has recuperated sef.
Re: Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) by Pinky(f): 5:59pm On Jun 18, 2005
menn rita dominic's site is da bum.......................................am not her fan but i just had a look at the site & mennn am bowing to the designer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Judith Audu Hails Efe Irele & Timini Egbuson For Their Sex Scene In 'Hey You' / Channels TV Anchor's Phone Rang On Live TV (Photos) / Laycon Rocks Nengi's Backside After Winning BBNaija (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.