Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Christianity; Threading The Path Of "Cult Of The Comfortable" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity; Threading The Path Of "Cult Of The Comfortable" (589 Views)

Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside / BEWARE OF THE RISING CULT OF END TIMES CHURCHIANITY / The Cult of Black Hebrew Israelites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christianity; Threading The Path Of "Cult Of The Comfortable" by Samneer: 11:44am On Oct 15, 2014
For too long the church has been only conversant in the things of God. We talk techniques, but we don't talk with Him. That's the difference between knowing someone and knowing about him.

Presidents, royalties and celebrities; I may know many facts about them, but I don't really know them. If I ever met them in person, they would have to be introduced to me because mere knowledge about a person is not the same as an intimate friendship.

It's simply not enough to know about God. We have churches filled with people who can win Bible trivia contests but who don't know Him. I'm afraid that some Christians have been side tracked, carried away or even entangled by tides of prosperity to poverty and we've become such an ingrown society of self righteous that our desires and our wants and those of the Holy Spirit are two different matters.

If we are not careful, we can become so interested in developing the "cult of the comfortable" with our comfortable pastors, our comfortable church building, and our comfortable circles of friend, that we forget about the discontented, wounded and dying people who pass by our comfortable churches everyday!

I can't help but think that if we fail to even try to reach them with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, then He sure wasted a lot of blood on Calvary. Now that makes me UNCOMFORTABLE!

[b]Finally, my brethren be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having gird your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saint[/b]

- Ephesians 6:10-18

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity; Threading The Path Of "Cult Of The Comfortable" by Dube07: 12:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
Hallelujah somebody!!....

2 Likes

Re: Christianity; Threading The Path Of "Cult Of The Comfortable" by PastorOluT(m): 3:23pm On Oct 15, 2014
Well written @op, bt its already a cult. Its called the religious cult, go against them n u mysteriously involve in an accident, I am a witness, bt greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Read This.. / And Who Is A Harlot? / I Dedicate This Letter To Christians And Muslims In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.