Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Make Waec At A Sitting Part 2 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Make Waec At A Sitting Part 2 (1668 Views)

Waec At It Again. / Pass Waec At A Sitting / Make Waec At A Sitting Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Make Waec At A Sitting Part 2 by success4(m): 12:12am On Nov 13, 2008
LAYING THE RIGHT FOUNDATION.
Laying the right foundation is about putting the right stone and blocks in the right place before you start building your “skyscrapers”, its about starting to prepare for your SSCE long before you even know the date of the exam, right from the time you start your Junior secondary School or senior secondary school as the case maybe. For me, I started preparing for my SSCE right from my SS1,and so I ensured no stone was left unturned in my studies, I made sure whatever needs to be studied now was studied as if all of my SSCE question was going to be based on that and as such each of my study on whatever topic was always thorough, I did all my assignment as if they were ‘expo’ question from WAEC,I also got the syllabus so I could monitor my progress in my study and to know what is expected of me by WAEC.By the time I was on my way to my final class in my Senior secondary School, I had already finished about 90% of the syllabus requirement for my SSCE,all I needed to do mostly in my final year was to Revise, treat past questions and brush up a few part of the syllabus I was yet to cover. In the end,SSCE was more or less like a walk over for me as I didn’t need to stress myself like most of my classmates were doing then, applying the fire brigade approach at the last minute, it does not work, it leaves you more confused and disorganized, the very reason your preparation must be Long-term. Whatever is worth doing at all is worth preparing for.

Talking about Syllabus, I would like to lay a little emphasis on this, I came to find out that many students do not know the importance of having the syllabus, some don’t even bother to open the booklet when they eventually lay their hands on one, for such students, they may have to make yearly contribution to WAEC to beautify her compound every year and for God knows how long. Having to write exams without checking up what is expected of you in the syllabus is like trying to use drugs without following the necessary prescriptions, that could be suicidal and that is why you would see a lot of students who truly studied hard for their exams but eventually failed in the end, why? Because they were reading/studying a whole lot of irrelevant stuffs. Getting to know what is required of you in the syllabus makes your study easier and well protracted. Passing your exam is not about reading a whole text book on a particular subject but focusing on the particular aspect of the text book that is required in the syllabus. I am not insinuating that it is wrong to study a whole text book to deepen your knowledge on a particular subject, but if you know what the exam council require of you in the syllabus, you can study and then focus more on those required area, it makes passing the exam easier

Another thing I’m going to be pointing your attention to on laying the right foundation is about your attitude and conduct in the exam hall. some students believe that if they must pass their exam, they must at least get some help from their fellow students in the exam hall. As much as you and I know its an offence to consult other students or ask for answers to questions in the exam hall, you must learn to train yourself to be independent in the exam hall, too many students do not train themselves in this way. For me it was a different case, from the time I gain admission into The Junior secondary School then, I have been training myself to write whatever exam by myself, like I told you before now, I am not a genius but I have got to pass myself exams in flying colours,it was a mandate I gave myself, by the time I did this over the years, I mean writing my exam by myself without joint effort, my confidence became developed, such that writing my SSCE was no big deal. Too many students fail because their fellow students who have always been their “exam hall teacher” was taken away from their side, so many others fail because they are not allowed to consult the usual micro chips the have become used to over the years in the exam hall. This is too bad. Cultivate the habit of writing your exam/test by yourself long before the major exam day arrives, this is a sure foundation that would help you in writing a whole lot of other exams that is tougher than SSCE .

HAVING THE RIGHT MINDSET

This is a vital issue when it comes to passing your SSCE Without cheating,what you are thinking in your heart is very pivotal to your success……to be continued.
Re: Make Waec At A Sitting Part 2 by snazzy82(m): 5:55am On Nov 13, 2008
ok

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Cmtv & Ctl Websites & Phone Nos (port Harcourt) / Students Now Free To Register 5 Subject For Ssce / The Unspoken Truth That Happened To Those Young Men In Aluu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.