Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,038 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

I'm Scared Of Being A Born Again,please Help - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Scared Of Being A Born Again,please Help (2484 Views)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Can A Born Again Give A Head During Sex? / Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: I'm Scared Of Being A Born Again,please Help by lastchild: 9:28am On Oct 18, 2014
Nice responds,thanks to y'all
Re: I'm Scared Of Being A Born Again,please Help by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 27, 2014
lastchild:
If you check my threads you will understand my plight,I've been going through some spiritual battle lately,though its been long but became a war lately because I've seek for my freedom

I've been to deliverances and pastors and church members keep urging me to give my life to christ which is the only way out

But within inside me I'm scared of being a born again,it may sound so stupid but its true and I know someone maybe feeling the same way,I'm not scared of being a born again because I hate God,not at all,I actually love God but the list of things "mountain of fire ministries" is giving me to give up makes my heart beats louder

1) MUSIC .... For crying out loud,rap music is the only type of music I relate to,I'm what you call "hiphop head" I'm not just a fan,I'm a partaker,I've done a lot of singles,ready to drop mixtape,though I don't do this as a profession but as a hubby,I'v been following rap music since I was born,I even have a portable studio in my house where I produce,now they said I must give up listening to any earthly music

2 DRESS CODE... For christ sake,this music thing influenced me a lot, they requested I should get rid of my hair,I'm keeping this hair because I've been an active partaker in every year calabar carnival,I normally do one or two crazy things on my hair during the festival ,many people here knows exactly what this cali carnival is all about,its all fun,now must a born again go on a low cut?

3 socializing... This one is the worst,how do I quit all my friends just because they are not "born again" what about my nights out,going to club to dance,have some drink and meet new people,I'll now spend all time reading bible?

If I quit all these,am I still a human being?
Damn.. Am scared of being a born again
yeah, you've to quite all worldly things that can lead you to temptations and sin.
"For when one is in christ, he's a new creation, old things have passed, behold new things have come"

so u've to be conscious of the places go and freinds you keep, to "avoid the trap of the devil" bcus the devil can easly manipulates the unbelievers and use's them as a "workshop against your live".
So watch and pray that yee not fall into temptation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Not My Jesus: A List Of Christological Heresis / How Do You Recognize Design? / Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.