Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,072 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

GREATEST LIE EVER TOLD. - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / GREATEST LIE EVER TOLD. (2809 Views)

Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street / Greatest Lie Ever Told By Our So Called Elders ; Real Version Please? / Biggest Lie Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GREATEST LIE EVER TOLD. by barackodam: 2:15pm On Oct 16, 2014
THE GREATEST LIE EVER TOLD

Growing up as a kid I heard enough lies, myths and Zobosas some people will like to put it.Once a classmate even had the guts to tell the whole class in Primary 6 that he had an elephant at their backyard. That almost caused a fight as the argument that broke out was almost as devastating as those seen when the National Assembly come together to discuss National Issues.

When it comes to the sports myths, it gets worse. After what I heard years back, i am still searching for the video of Jay Jay Okocha that sees him dribble all eleven members of the opposing team one after the other (twice) before scoring what would surely be the greatest goal in German football as the goalie in that game was Oliver kahn#Wunderbar.

But the greatest of lie has to be that of the game that never held: between Nigeria and India at the National Stadium, Lagos in a year that the originator didn’t care to share. I rate this as the greatest Football lie due to the fact that it has spread to all corners of the Nation and the lasting effect it has on the mind of any young child that payed serious attention to this incredible tale. Wide-eyed and with innocent mouths gasping, we listened to the narrator deliver this legendary tale

As the Story goes:
The Super Eagles played the Indian football team in a match at The National Stadium in Lagos. The game started off well but after a short while the Indians scored and moments later scored again and again and again. The fans in the stands couldn’t comprehend what was going on as the players seemed to leave the ball for their opponents each time they came in contact. The Nigerian players were playing like they were scared of getting close to the Indians and the goalie kept on leaving the goal in fear each time the opponents got into the box.

When the players were asked they all explained with a sense of bewilderment that the Indians turned into lions in front of their very eyes and out of fear they gave away the ball as would anyone in their right minds.

But as the game went on, the strong willed Nigerians played on with what ever courage they could muster and worked very hard to salvage something. By the time stoppage time was indicated the visitors had just scored their 99th goal and were going for a century (WAIT A MINUTE? I GET IT! IT MUST HAVE BEEN A CRICKET GAME).

Anyways as the excellent narrator carried on, he revealed that the Nigerians finally broke into the opposition half with courage and from the flanks a cross was delivered and met with a delicious header from an attacker. GOAAAAAAL! we had pulled something back but the goal scorer remained on the floor motionless and lifeless. He was stretched off and all efforts to resuscitate this hero of some sorts were in vain. Sad end to a game of Football.

The aftermath of the game saw India after thorough investigation banned for about 50 years by FIFA for using black magic during a game and with that the Story came to an end and we talked about it for days.

In Truth:
*.The Indians were banned by FIFA for refusing the directive by the governing body to wear football boots for all official games
*.Sam Okwaraji was the player rumored to have lost his life in that game when in truth he died during a FIFA World Cup qualifying game against Angola at the same venue with just munites left. May his soul rest in Perfect Peace. AMEN

But all in all these tales are part and parcel of our journey from childhood to adulthood and we learn to appreciate them with a pinch of salt, looking back at them with fond memories and enough laughter to fill our tummies

4 Likes

Re: GREATEST LIE EVER TOLD. by youngice(m): 6:13pm On Oct 16, 2014
that okocha own ehhh
And that 99 -1
And how apple killed abacha
And how madam koi koi comes to roost

1 Like

Re: GREATEST LIE EVER TOLD. by HenCq15: 7:45pm On Oct 16, 2014
Re: GREATEST LIE EVER TOLD. by zantama05(m): 9:32pm On Oct 17, 2014
small lie ever had :Psmall lie ever had
Re: GREATEST LIE EVER TOLD. by mooremedia: 2:16am On Oct 20, 2014
It wasn't my intention to book space.....but errrm you never can tell what the future holds.
Re: GREATEST LIE EVER TOLD. by Adunskill(m): 7:52am On Oct 21, 2014
The lies and the story are one of kind.

(1) (Reply)

Different Between A Pikin And A Baby... / 101 Ways To Annoy People / A Thread For Kermit The Frogs - None Of My Business Jokes. (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.