Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,051 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? (1786 Views)

Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? / Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? / Why Do Most People Find It Difficult To Apologize To Those They Offended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by dein77(m): 9:16pm On Oct 16, 2014
I have had some terrible experiences with people when it comes to collecting back money lent to them. In the extreme cases, I lost both the money and the friendship.

Recently I lent an acquaintance 60K when he claimed his landlord was about to throw him out. He promised to pay back in days. It's being over 8 months, and he's yet to repay me. This guy would log off on Facebook as soon as he notices i'm online. Investigation revealed he never had a rent issue with his landlord.

Worse is, I met me around our axis. Guess what? He went to show me a Camry Tiny Light he recently bought.

That was the height of ingratitude and insensitivity. He promised to pay after we met the last time. He no longer picks my calls.

Why do people find it difficult to repay money they had borrowed?
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by Tallesty1(m): 9:19pm On Oct 16, 2014
Stop lending money to people.

Give them what you can afford and wish them luck.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by dein77(m): 9:22pm On Oct 16, 2014
Tallesty1:
Stop lending money to people.

Give them what you can afford and wish them luck.

I'm deeply considering applying this formula. The good one did shouldn't bring distress and disappointment.
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by politricks: 9:26pm On Oct 16, 2014
Seriously one thing i hate most is owing someone because anytime i come across that person,my heart skips and i dont feel comfortable even though the person doesnt mind.
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by dein77(m): 9:33pm On Oct 16, 2014
politricks:
Seriously one thing i hate most is owing someone because anytime i come across that person,my heart skips and i dont feel comfortable even though the person doesnt mind.

That's how it's supposed to be . Unfortunately, most people don't think that way. It's really sad.
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by asalimpo(m): 9:38pm On Oct 16, 2014
I created a thread days ago asking a similar question- about y christians hav no integrity wen it comes to money issues.

Sorry about the incident, i've been similarly bitten. Money is a thing close to peoples heart, closer than som imagine, tht y wen u see strange bhviour in money matters ur really seeing the persons tru nature- and it is ugly in most.
But on d positive side,you wudnt hav known ur friend's tru nature concerning money except this happened.
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by politricks: 9:42pm On Oct 16, 2014
dein77:

That's how it's supposed to be . Unfortunately, most people don't think that way. It's really sad.
Yeah really sad.I heard of a case where someone owed 1m naira and after disturbing him, he came to pay 4000 naira as part payment.
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by dein77(m): 9:46pm On Oct 16, 2014
asalimpo:
I created a thread days ago asking a similar question- about y christians hav no integrity wen it comes to money issues.

Sorry about the incident, i've been similarly bitten. Money is a thing close to peoples heart, closer than som imagine, tht y wen u see strange bhviour in money matters ur really seeing the persons tru nature- and it is ugly in most.
But on d positive side,you wudnt hav known ur friend's tru nature concerning money except this happened.

It was indeed depressing. Like you said, the money revealed his true nature. Hitherto he had been very friendly, helpful and nice. Obviously it was simply a smokescreen.
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by menix(m): 9:46pm On Oct 16, 2014
Goosh.. Neva knew I had a broda in dis situation..
I ve ova 1 million I borrowed out nd none is payin.
D 1st was 220k I had police invite him to d station afta 2yrs, d nxt fin he did was to start cryin of ow d world has been cruel 2 him dat d police pple rallied in his support, b4 I knew it I left d station.
D recent dat stunned mii is a fwend dat I kept borrowing wiv d hope dat hez a gud dude, I don't know if d guy ve 4gotten wen he told mii he sold his halt plot in PH for 7million earlier dis year nd dis guy did not feel lik payin mii bak wiv ova 200k wiv him..

Others plenty, buh my stupid mii still have not learnt thou prayin 4 a stone hart sha...
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by dein77(m): 9:47pm On Oct 16, 2014
politricks:
Yeah really sad.I heard of a case where someone owed 1m naira and after disturbing him, he came to pay 4000 naira as part payment.

That's unprecedented wickedness. I think I will have to stop lending cash to me altogether.
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by khukhi(f): 9:47pm On Oct 16, 2014
dein77:
I have had some terrible experiences with people when it comes to collecting back money lent to them. In the extreme cases, I lost both the money and the friendship.

Recently I lent an acquaintance 60K when he claimed his landlord was about to throw him out. He promised to pay back in days. It's being over 8 months, and he's yet to repay me. This guy would log off on Facebook as soon as he notices i'm online. Investigation revealed he never had a rent issue with his landlord.

Worse is, I met me around our axis. Guess what? He went to show me a Camry Tiny Light he recently bought.

That was the height of ingratitude and insensitivity. He promised to pay after we met the last time. He no longer picks my calls.

Its a lack of respect for others combined with selfishness. Its a lesson learned for you to not lend what you cannot let go cause people are just selfish.

I've also had similar experiences. Now I just tell everyone im on a ln internship and broke so no one dares ask me for money except for my baby sisters grin grin
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by dein77(m): 9:50pm On Oct 16, 2014
menix:
Goosh.. Neva knew I had a broda in dis situation..
I ve ova 1 million I borrowed out nd none is payin.
D 1st was 220k I had police invite him to d station afta 2yrs, d nxt fin he did was to start cryin of ow d world has been cruel 2 him dat d police pple rallied in his support, b4 I knew it I left d station.
D recent dat stunned mii is a fwend dat I kept borrowing wiv d hope dat hez a gud dude, I don't know if d guy ve 4gotten wen he told mii he sold his halt plot in PH for 7million earlier dis year nd dis guy did not feel lik payin mii bak wiv ova 200k wiv him..

Others plenty, buh my stupid mii still have not learnt thou prayin 4 a stone hart sha...

Really wicked. This is just one of bad debts I've incurred. I have had terrible tales.
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by politricks: 10:01pm On Oct 16, 2014
dein77:

That's unprecedented wickedness. I think I will have to stop lending cash to me altogether.
I tried it but it didnt work for me.Before i know it i've given my money out again like someone hypnotized.Could work for you though.
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by mesoade(m): 10:04pm On Oct 16, 2014
Op

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by asalimpo(m): 10:29pm On Oct 16, 2014
politricks:
I tried it but it didnt work for me.Before i know it i've given my money out again like someone hypnotized.Could work for you though.

guy,there's a form of giving that's ungodly.
Stop lettg people use u.
Esp people who've failed and failed again. You're sponsoring their weakness and not helping them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by asalimpo(m): 10:30pm On Oct 16, 2014
politricks:
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by asalimpo(m): 10:35pm On Oct 16, 2014
It's harsh experiences like this tht make people seek underground justice systems-mafia,hoodlums,thugs,hired assasins etc - cuz govt legal ones are as slow as pregnant snails.
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by esere826: 10:36pm On Oct 16, 2014
A couple of years back, I lent someone 200K intended for a short period of 1 month
Secretly, I estimated he should pay back in no more than 3 months
He wasn't going to invest the money as such. So there was going to be no excuse

It's been years after and I didnt bother myself after the 3rd month

Interestingly, since I had a soft spot for him
my initial plan was to borrow him some 1.5 mil at the end of the year to sort some visa issues.

So when he asked for 200k I was happy to give him so that I could at least test the waters.
Thank God he failed in that, if I had gone ahead to give him the big one, I would be bitter about him now
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by Odunharry(m): 10:41pm On Oct 16, 2014
esere826:
A couple of years back, I lent someone 200K intended for a short period of 1 month
Secretly, I estimated he should pay back in no more than 3 months
He wasn't going to invest the money as such. So there was going to be no excuse

It's been years after and I didnt bother myself after the 3rd month

Interestingly, since I had a soft spot for him
my initial plan was to borrow him some 1.5 mil at the end of the year to sort some visa issues.

So when he asked for 200k I was happy to give him so that I could at least test the waters.
Thank God he failed in that, if I had gone ahead to give him the big one, I would be bitter about him now

we have people like that..

Wait o,are u a male or female?
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by Odunharry(m): 10:42pm On Oct 16, 2014
dein77:

there are people like that..it has happened to me b4 so if i wanna lend,i shine my eye wella
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by dein77(m): 10:46pm On Oct 16, 2014
Odunharry:

there are people like that..it has happened to me b4 so if i wanna lend,i shine my eye wella

Sometimes they put up a front that's very difficult to see through. Once every iota of lack of trust is removed, they strike.
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by Odunharry(m): 10:49pm On Oct 16, 2014
dein77:

Sometimes they put up a front that's very difficult to see through. Once every iota of lack of trust is removed, they strike.
sure....once i lend someone money,i wont bother asking him/her i expect the person to pay back without me asking or disturbing them..
To me that how it should be

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by Odunharry(m): 10:50pm On Oct 16, 2014
People will call you 100 times a day when they want to borrow money from u and won't call you the whole year when they owe you
money

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by esere826: 10:51pm On Oct 16, 2014
Odunharry:

we have people like that..

Wait o, are u a male or female?

and what may I ask is that to you?
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by dein77(m): 10:52pm On Oct 16, 2014
This isn't an isolated case. A few years ago, I lent my in law # 100K when he and his wife (my sister) had nothing. He promised to pay back in a few days time. He's yet to pay me.

My sister took sides with him. Today, both of them don't talk to me.

The most annoying aspect is losing my money alongside their relationship.
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by Odunharry(m): 10:52pm On Oct 16, 2014
esere826:

and what may I ask is that to you?
i guess male nt sure though.
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by dein77(m): 10:53pm On Oct 16, 2014
asalimpo:
It's harsh experiences like this tht make people seek underground justice systems-mafia,hoodlums,thugs,hired assasins etc - cuz govt legal ones are as slow as pregnant snails.

It can be very painful!
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by Odunharry(m): 10:53pm On Oct 16, 2014
dein77:
This isn't an isolated case. A few years ago, I lent my in law # 100K when he and his wife (my sister) had nothing. He promised to pay back in a few days time. He's yet to pay me.

My sister took sides with him. Today, both of them don't talk to me.

The most annoying aspect is losing my money alongside their relationship.
people change

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt? by youngice(m): 11:42pm On Oct 16, 2014
dein77:

Mr op I feel your plight , but u see I devised a means to overcome that tendency of people to owe , just tell them u will see what u will do,then go to ur banker and connive with them , tell the person u can connect him with a "loaning scheme" but meanwhile its ur money that will borrowed .
This way when its time to pay up , he owns up or faces the consequences.
You need to know that with money only 2 things are involved
- business
-charity

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland! Help!am Tired Of My Religion(jehovah Withness) / Seed Of Destiny (daily Devotional Guide) By Dr Pastor Paul Enenche / Why I'm Returning To Nigeria-pastor Sunday Adelaja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.