Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,917 members, 7,817,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria (8242 Views)

She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts / Most Uncommon (or Weird) Singular Words In English By Bracha Rubin / You Want To Study Abroad: Free Education In Europe And South America ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by LORDI(m): 9:08am On Oct 17, 2014
It's a typo error,I have just checked her TL on facebook,maybe she have deleted it...but I saw her other post,there z no error in them...the Op is just wicked.
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 9:08am On Oct 17, 2014
am yoruba by tribe. what i noticed during service was dat majority of d yoruba corpers not based in lagos. cud not speak or write well. big disgrace. as expected this foolish corper is a Yoruba. must have attended olorieja community secondary school. crap
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by MizMyColi(f): 9:20am On Oct 17, 2014
Obinoscopy:
ISIL? Al-Qaeda? Nne hope you don't want CIA to come knocking at your door? grin

Not if you don't rat me out.

wait, shocked shocked shocked

Did you just mention me? shocked

Hmmm......... lipsrsealed
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by Davo93(m): 9:22am On Oct 17, 2014
I believe the OP has not done the best thing. Exposing this lady's identity (Full name + Picture) on a public forum is just bad. The moderators/admin here should act.
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by hardbody: 9:22am On Oct 17, 2014
[quote author=decatalyst post=27204801][/quote]

Which part of the country is she from?

On Topic, i will not use her to judge the level of decadence or otherwise in our educational system. My cousins and nieces ask me to help them on assignments that i did not come across at their level while in school. Besides, they speak and write good english grammar. I guess this person is a product, first of a terrible local and rustic primary/secondary school and subsequent university existing in one suburb.

Reminds me of one 'private' school behind my former residence. I once heard a teacher announcing instructions after the usual morning devotion and she kept repeating to the pupils, 'Are you hear'?

I was like, what will those kids come out with.

For the avoidance of doubt, the formative years remain the most crucial and this is where most of the training efforts should be channeled to ensure a strong bedrock for the kids as they grow up.

1 Like

Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 9:23am On Oct 17, 2014
just checked her profile she is based in ekiti. when its time for CDS meetings na dem dey talk pass. disgracing yoruba tribe wit gunshots. i served in a village skul. most of the igbo village students cud speak better English. shame shame shame
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by Obinoscopy(m): 9:26am On Oct 17, 2014
MizMyColi:

Not if you don't rat me out.

wait, shocked shocked shocked

Did you just mention me? shocked

Hmmm......... lipsrsealed
lol, ok I won't rat you out.
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by yyb14: 9:26am On Oct 17, 2014
decatalyst:
If we are to go by the vocab spoken by a Nigerian graduate (corps member) as captured in the picture attached, will it be OK to say Education in Nigeria is dead!

Please let's assume this corps member did her duty to the Nation in a Primary/Secondary school, what will become of those students going by the standard of their "teacher"?

Maybe I should allow you judge! On a scale of 1-10 what would you rate Nigerian educational system?
I just checked her time line. That post is no longer there.
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by yyb14: 9:28am On Oct 17, 2014
LORDI:
It's a typo error,I have just checked her TL on facebook,maybe she have deleted it...but I saw her other post,there z no error in them...the Op is just wicked.
go back and check again
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by ebukaOtika(m): 9:33am On Oct 17, 2014
technophile:
I actually came here to tell you that nobody is above mistake it's probably a typo error, but after seeing that picture, HABA! a corper should not make this kind of mistake, I'll will search for her on fb and confirm it myself cos there is nothing you can't edit with Photoshop this days.

Modified
It is true ooo, I've checked all her Facebook timeline, this lady murdered English.
The government should shutdown University of Ado-Ekiti for producing this kind graduate.

Ado-Ekiti get University ? If Igbo man go there eh ,.,,, 2weeks dey too much to learn Yoruba Language Asap. ,,.,,,, Awon Olodo osi.
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by MizMyColi(f): 9:45am On Oct 17, 2014
Obinoscopy:
lol, ok I won't rat you out.

NewsAlert.....You've got a new twitter follower, kindly reply the tweet, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by naturally: 9:55am On Oct 17, 2014
Where is the pix
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by ebukaOtika(m): 9:59am On Oct 17, 2014
Lol ,.,,, See the way Girls are Ranting , Panting and Braing,,.,,. Unto say na girl Nyansh Op open,,.,,,, if na guy talk dos things eh ,,,, na them go laf pass..,.,,, Awon Pretenders Osi
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by ebukaOtika(m): 10:02am On Oct 17, 2014
ednut1:
am yoruba by tribe. what i noticed during service was dat majority of d yoruba corpers not based in lagos. cud not speak or write well. big disgrace. as expected this foolish corper is a Yoruba. must have attended olorieja community secondary school. crap

Auuûuûsh,,.,,. Too Harsh of you.
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by sahm4u2nv(m): 10:15am On Oct 17, 2014
Mtwwwe,immature
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by Bishiie(m): 10:35am On Oct 17, 2014
Farm Manager/ Supervisor Needed?
Do you own a fish farm, or you know someone?
Indeed fish business is a good business if well managed.
Do you have problem with your water, pond and or fish?
All you need is a trained and experience manager.
7Five Consultations will settle that for you.
08072146698 or 07066440658
BB: 33161CD3
Twitter: @Consult7Five
Thanks
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 17, 2014
timawoku:
my brother na that one you see? You no read the topic well (a 'corps' member), see pot calling kettle black, mumu OP

What is wrong with 'Corps member'? There is nothing wrong with it. It is correct.

1 Like

Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by nwaobitex: 2:14pm On Oct 17, 2014
op, report the pic. i no see am
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by linsa01(m): 2:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
kilokeys:
hmmm.. went thru her posts... all had a blunder.
the most painful thing is, she has sycophants as friends... u see comments like , awesome, u r beautiful... nobody is correcting.

bad english shouldnt be like mouth odor na... embarassed

i dont wanna have friends that wouldnt tell me the truth abt both .

You're on point. I just inboxed her now and she appreciated it despite my harsh manner of correcting her. Though she claimed shenot the one who posted it but I know she was trying to cover her shame. Obviously she has done the needful
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 17, 2014
Oh cmon guys, dnt crucify d poor gurl na... Lets not forget Rita of koko mansion video lol, "The effc is most stronger than the yahoo yahoo guys.. This yahoo yahoo guys dey do demons...." Lol

1 Like

Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 17, 2014
linsa01:

You're on point. I just inboxed her now and she appreciated it despite my harsh manner of correcting her. Though she claimed shenot the one who posted it but I know she was trying to cover her shame. Obviously she has done the needful
but do u knw dat dr are some girls who wil act so rude and filled with pride wen ur correcting dem onto an obvious blunder...

2 Likes

Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by eightsin(m): 3:47pm On Oct 17, 2014
I can't find the pics... I need the link to it
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by vikyno(m): 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2014
technophile:
I actually came here to tell you that nobody is above mistake it's probably a typo error, but after seeing that picture, HABA! a corper should not make this kind of mistake, I'll will search for her on fb and confirm it myself cos there is nothing you can't edit with Photoshop this days.

Modified
It is true ooo, I've checked all her Facebook timeline, this lady murdered English.
The government should shutdown University of Ado-Ekiti for producing this kind graduate.

And you think you are better off with this your low level of reasoning?

What has UNAD got to do with this?

We all pretend as if the corps members were not once the students we knew. While some are busy reading and undergoing sleepless night just to pass exam, majority are jumping from one club to the other, frolicking up and down all because they are in the university. Yet we blame the Universities for producing Unemployable graduates.

Nobody will open your brain to stuff book or knowledge, you have to do that yourself by making the right decisions.

2 Likes

Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by AdekunleIG(m): 4:10pm On Oct 17, 2014
I'm not celebrating the OP but whoever says that "a corps member" is not correct, is equally wrong.

"A corps member"- referring to an individual. When they are more, it becomes Corps members. The word "corps" sounds "cur".

Just listen attentively during the 3weeks orientation.
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by Braggante(m): 4:11pm On Oct 17, 2014
ednut1:

Wow! You just became the silliest poster on this thread. That is completely uncalled for. Assuming she actually made the error, will it be her fault to have not been based it Lagos, or being incapable of speaking well? Because you were privileged, born and bred in Lagos, does that make you better than those who are not and cant speak well? And what right have you to judge yorubas as such?

You are such a fool for making such a disdainful comment. Shame on you

2 Likes

Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 4:13pm On Oct 17, 2014
Braggante:

Wow! You just became the silliest poster on this thread. That is completely uncalled for. Assuming she actually made the error, will it be her fault to have not been based it Lagos, or being incapable of speaking well? Because you were privileged, born and bred in Lagos, does that make you better than those who are not and cant speak well? And what right have you to judge yorubas as such?

You are such a fool for making such a disdainful comment. Shame on you
whatever must u quote me grin
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by Braggante(m): 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2014
ednut1:

whatever must u quote me grin

Lol... olodo cheesy
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by Obinoscopy(m): 4:33pm On Oct 17, 2014
MizMyColi:

NewsAlert.....You've got a new twitter follower, kindly reply the tweet, thanks.
Just did. My Internet is messing up with me sad

1 Like

Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by HRD1: 4:50pm On Oct 17, 2014
if you have fashion items for sale in bulk contact me on joy@dealdey.com
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by technophile(m): 5:47pm On Oct 17, 2014
vikyno:

And you think you are better off with this your low level of reasoning?

What has UNAD got to do with this?

We all pretend as if the corps members were not once the students we knew. While some are busy reading and undergoing sleepless night just to pass exam, majority are jumping from one club to the other, frolicking up and down all because they are in the university. Yet we blame the Universities for producing Unemployable graduates.

Nobody will open your brain to stuff book or knowledge, you have to do that yourself by making the right decisions.
Unad has everything to do with it, how has she been passing all her exams from 100level. I mean she cannot even construct a simple sentence.
So you should be ashamed of your advanced primary school you called unad, student that are far more brilliant than her are getting expelled in polytechnic, polytechnic gan ke? in secondary self

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Foundation Awards Scholarship To 6,000 Students – Official / Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO / ASUU To Commence A One-month Additional Strike From Wednesday, November 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.