Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,579 members, 7,955,134 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:43 PM

Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 (2269 Views)

The 2015 Nigeria's Superbike Road Race / Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by oseo1(m): 10:27pm On Oct 16, 2014
One of the best road race videos I have seen in a while, with sustained speeds over 220kmph and a top speed of 280kmph. Great aggressive driving and riding. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWO2mj4Cozg
Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by Lexusgs430: 12:42am On Oct 17, 2014
Where were the Traffic Cops ? Aggressive Driving ?(overtaking, undertaking + careless lane changes ) etc etc etc
Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by sultaan(m): 6:18am On Oct 17, 2014
That gave me some chill, those guys have balls
Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by awoononi(m): 11:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
Damn...
Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by 735i(m): 9:17pm On Oct 18, 2014
The R8 ate 'em bikes….

Those bikes had nothing on the Audi...
Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by JUO(m): 8:32am On Oct 19, 2014
o bio, their road is good
Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by sultaan(m): 7:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
JUO:
o bio, their road is good

That is how all highway are in the west, if you are paying a toll you deserve nothing less.

No road should have a pothole, it is a defect that must be fixed.

1 Like

Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by DjAndroid: 7:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
280km/h ! That's breathtaking!
Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by Homguy(m): 9:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
280 km/hr. ?! I don't believe that,I thinks those speeds are exaggerated. In nigeria,if you go beyond 180k/hr, you best have written your will.
Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by Lexusgs430: 11:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
Homguy:
280 km/hr. ?! I don't believe that,I thinks those speeds are exaggerated. In nigeria,if you go beyond 180k/hr, you best have written your will.

That's only 173 miles per hour, it's perfectly achievable on pothole free roads!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by Homguy(m): 11:42pm On Oct 19, 2014
Lexusgs430:

That's only 173 miles per hour, it's perfectly achievable on pothole free roads!!!!!
sure! But almost all roads in Nigeria are pot-hole riddled and narrow. Few roads are as wide as that in nigeria,if any.
Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by Lexusgs430: 12:01am On Oct 20, 2014
Homguy:
sure! But almost all roads in Nigeria are pot-hole riddled and narrow. Few roads are as wide as that in nigeria,if any.

My response was about the doubt you expressed. The posted video was not shot in Nigeria, or was it?
Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by Homguy(m): 9:15am On Oct 20, 2014
I understand you @ lexus.
Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by oseo1(m): 5:20pm On Oct 21, 2014
Homguy:

I have been in a car that did 250kmph on lekki Expressway so it's very very doable.

sultaan:

That is how all highway are in the west, if you are paying a toll you deserve nothing less.
No road should have a pothole, it is a defect that must be fixed.

Please oh not all roads in the west are like that. If you have driven down I-95 except for in delaware the road is mostly smooth but not perfect. In NY, NJ, DC, and NC the roads are not great. Don't get me wrong they are not like naija roads but they are not like we think they are here.
Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by azpekuliar: 5:24pm On Oct 21, 2014
@ OP.. 280km/h is nothing! Rider factor though. Watch this highway battle from Turkey between a Honda CBR1000RR and a BMW S1000RR. Pretty sure the loser rider here (the S1000RR) would still have handed the R8 it's bottom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51uaFU0m_ZM
Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by Shagati(m): 6:06pm On Oct 21, 2014
azpekuliar:
@ OP.. 280km/h is nothing! Rider factor though. Watch this highway battle from Turkey between a Honda CBR1000RR and a BMW S1000RR. Pretty sure the loser rider here (the S1000RR) would still have handed the R8 it's bottom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51uaFU0m_ZM

280km/h is NOT nothing on a busy public road such as in the OP's video.
Things could have gone very bad very quickly and chances of survival at those speeds for both driver and riders could have been zero if one of those 18-wheelers was involved.

The Audi took them both out fair and square as he didn't have any road condition advantage over the bikers...Same road/Same traffic/Same obstacles etc.

Are there cars that are faster than bikes? YES
Can a driver travel faster than a rider? YES
Would different riders handling the bikes have prevailed over the Audi? Probably, but if you put a pro on the bikes, also put a pro in the Audi.

Tried this once with an SLS AMG and me riding a Yamaha R1. Straight, flat smooth road. I edged ahead of him at take-off but he kept DIRECTLY on my tail till 270km/h. I grew a brain and let him pass as it wouldn't have been a pretty pic if we needed to slow and he..............

3 Likes

Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by sultaan(m): 4:19am On Oct 22, 2014
oseo1:

I have been in a car that did 250kmph on lekki Expressway so it's very very doable.

Please oh not all roads in the west are like that. If you have driven down I-95 except for in delaware the road is mostly smooth but not perfect. In NY, NJ, DC, and NC the roads are not great. Don't get me wrong they are not like naija roads but they are not like we think they are here.

I am on I-85 in Atl and those bikes go crazy in the summer months.If you drive down on I-20 around Tuner Hills there are Helmet all over the side of the roads where bikers have fallen and new ones pop up every year.

The areas of I-95 you are talking about are in the frigid regions where the ice cause a lot of cracks in the road, on the same I-95 when you are within the city south of Norfolk you have a lot of lane to play on but outside main city it is 2 lanes limited to 60mph. Now down I-75 to Orlando it is 70mph.There is a reason for the VIR in Virginia and Daytona speedway in Florida because the weather does not mess up the tracks
Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by JUO(m): 4:53am On Oct 22, 2014
@ Shagati please what are the gears like, i mean how many gears and the rpm?
Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by oseo1(m): 6:00am On Oct 22, 2014
sultaan:

I am on I-85 in Atl and those bikes go crazy in the summer months.If you drive down on I-20 around Tuner Hills there are Helmet all over the side of the roads where bikers have fallen and new ones pop up every year.

The areas of I-95 you are talking about are in the frigid regions where the ice cause a lot of cracks in the road, on the same I-95 when you are within the city south of Norfolk you have a lot of lane to play on but outside main city it is 2 lanes limited to 60mph. Now down I-75 to Orlando it is 70mph.There is a reason for the VIR in Virginia and Daytona speedway in Florida because the weather does not mess up the tracks

I agree with u to a large extent that it's weather related, but certain states just don't care as much in my opinion, DC roads are horrible, and parts of VA too, funny thing is that they seem to always be doing these endless repairs.
Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by Shagati(m): 8:37am On Oct 22, 2014
JUO:
@ Shagati please what are the gears like, i mean how many gears and the rpm?

6 gears and 12,500rpm
You will hit 160km/h in gear 1!
Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by JUO(m): 11:20am On Oct 22, 2014

You will hit 160km/h in gear 1!
please explain this. the gear no dey finish, i mean the engine will not rev high?
Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by Shagati(m): 9:19pm On Oct 22, 2014
JUO:
please explain this. the gear no dey finish, i mean the engine will not rev high?

Rev it in 1 till you hit the limiter and shift up. 2nd is good for 200 and 3rd will take you well past 240
You better be holding on tight when you're doin this otherwise dental records may be insufficient for identification.

2 Likes

Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by Lexusgs430: 1:50am On Oct 23, 2014
Those yeye okada riders(bikers), den dey make me dodge and bend, like say na me wan add to the tally of road - biker fatalities!!!!!
Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by azpekuliar: 6:22am On Oct 25, 2014
Thanks Shagati for your post. Folks it really does take balls of steel to go anywere beyond 200km/h on a Superbike. Talking about topspeeds, I saw this and thought I should share. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by Homguy(m): 7:51pm On Oct 25, 2014
Shagati:

...otherwise dental records may be insufficient for identification.
Whoa! This is scary. I know those bikes give ear-deafening roars when they ride past, but never imagined they moved at such speeds. Cool.
Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by itoldu: 8:05pm On Oct 25, 2014
Lol, the bikers were not properly kitted hence, they couldn't be moving as expected. The breeze was blowing the rider's shirt pretty up. I once had to play with a ML63AMG too on my R6. It was so much fun before we parted ways on the highway A122.
Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by azpekuliar: 3:08pm On Nov 10, 2014
itoldu:
Lol, the bikers were not properly kitted hence, they couldn't be moving as expected. The breeze was blowing the rider's shirt pretty up. I once had to play with a ML63AMG too on my R6. It was so much fun before we parted ways on the highway A122.

Let's not make any excuses for them, they were well thrashed! tongue You could see that the ZX10R rider was really up for it the whole time. The driver at a point took a swipe at him that he was too slow. cheesy It's all rider factor anyway, a better skilled rider would have put up a better showing. Where's the highway A122?
Re: Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 by itoldu: 6:14pm On Nov 10, 2014
azpekuliar:

Let's not make any excuses for them, they were well thrashed! tongue You could see that the ZX10R rider was really up for it the whole time. The driver at a point took a swipe at him that he was too slow. cheesy It's all rider factor anyway, a better skilled rider would have put up a better showing. Where's the highway A122?

Not making excuses though but you should know that, at least, with a well fitted jacket, he would have done better. The A122 highway is ibadan-ife-Akure-Owo-ifon-Benincity

(1) (Reply)

Rise In Temperature / Reliability Of The Cherokee Jeep Transmission / Have You Noticed People Are No More Buying Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.