Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,384 members, 7,958,081 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:28 AM

What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? - Gaming (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? (188366 Views)

What Pc Game Are You Playing? / Want To Swap You Game For Another. Enter Here / Hi Guys, What Pc Or Laptop Model Do I Need To Play Pc Version Of Ps3 And Xbox360 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by opestein: 12:12pm On Oct 07, 2015
kenomobola:

Unfortunately your system's GPU and CPU combo might not allow you to play GTA V or Metal Gear.
The CPU is less powerful than a third generation core i3 CPU, while the GPU is equivalent to an intel HD4000 GPU. It might be good for multimedia, but it will struggle massively with PC games.

edit:
total available graphic memory-2gb, dedicated video memory-512mb, system video memory-0mb, shared system memory-1.5gb.
pls who can explain the meaning of these terms. thanks
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 12:56pm On Oct 07, 2015
opestein:

edit:
total available graphic memory-2gb, dedicated video memory-512mb, system video memory-0mb, shared system memory-1.5gb.
pls who can explain the meaning of these terms. thanks

Your GPU requires some memory (RAM) to work, and it can either have its own inbuilt memory (dedicated video memory, which resides on the GPU card) or it uses part of the RAM installed on the system (shared memory). Hope that helps.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by purplekayc(m): 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2015
dazekid:

The first number is not irrelevant na, it is how you separate Keplar from Fermi and maxwell, but yeah, it is mostly irrelevant as far as people are concerned. But you're right on the rest though.
E go even shock you say GTX 280 from 2008 is mostly better than GTX 850M from 2014. Nvidia be confusing consumers like crazy.
before you buy any GPU for your system you should do some extensive research.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by purplekayc(m): 1:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
dazekid:

Somebody give this man 6 bottles. cheesy cheesy cheesy
daze how far? I see u repair phone s?
Can u root a nokia XL?(make u a no vex say I derail)
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by opestein: 6:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
kenomobola:

Your GPU requires some memory (RAM) to work, and it can either have its own inbuilt memory (dedicated video memory, which resides on the GPU card) or it uses part of the RAM installed on the system (shared memory). Hope that helps.
yh, thanks
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 12:05am On Oct 08, 2015
purplekayc:
daze how far? I see u repair phone s?
Can u root a nokia XL?(make u a no vex say I derail)

I believe it can can be rooted using framaroot on the phone itself or use Nokia X manager on your windows PC. Just make sure to have USB debugging enabled.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 12:20am On Oct 08, 2015
purplekayc:

Definitely, but most people don't know this, I have personally seen a lot of people bamboozled into buying laptops with weaker Nvidia cards than AMD cards based on the general logic that AMD is "bad". Although I can't say everybody should know how to discern if a card is good or not because that would mean that I wouldn't be getting deals as good as I do now.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by purplekayc(m): 7:34am On Oct 08, 2015
dazekid:

I believe it can can be rooted using framaroot on the phone itself or use Nokia X manager on your windows PC. Just make sure to have USB debugging enabled.
tried these didn't work
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 9:18am On Oct 08, 2015
dazekid:

Definitely, but most people don't know this, I have personally seen a lot of people bamboozled into buying laptops with weaker Nvidia cards than AMD cards based on the general logic that AMD is "bad". Although I can't say everybody should know how to discern if a card is good or not because that would mean that I wouldn't be getting deals as good as I do now.

Funny enough there is a similar misconception about AMD CPUs. Many "experts" dissuade people from purchasing laptops with AMD CPUs; because they usually don't last, they have inferior motherboards, and they run hotter than Intel CPUs. Investigate these claims and you'll discover the offending processors are desktop grade CPUs, or some outdated Sempron nonsense.
AMD's recent mobile processors (APUs) are very good (something some people find so hard to believe), although Intel CPUs are still the undisputed kings of CPUDom.

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by opestein: 11:08am On Oct 08, 2015
kenomobola:

Funny enough there is a similar misconception about AMD CPUs. Many "experts" dissuade people from purchasing laptops with AMD CPUs; because they usually don't last, they have inferior motherboards, and they run hotter than Intel CPUs. Investigate these claims and you'll discover the offending processors are desktop grade CPUs, or some outdated Sempron nonsense.
AMD's recent mobile processors (APUs) are very good (something some people find so hard to believe), although Intel CPUs are still the undisputed kings of CPUDom
seconded
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2015
kenomobola:

AMD's recent mobile processors (APUs) are very good (something some people find so hard to believe), although Intel CPUs are still the undisputed kings of CPUDom.

Yea, I was telling a client that AMD CPUs having those issues stopped mostly being the case in 2009 or so and he was just like ok lipsrsealed Sigh. I personally don't recommend AMD APUs because they're mostly not as powerful, for example th higher end A10 is no match for the i7 family from Intel. If it were that their bundled graphics processors were much better than the Intel IGPs, this would be a very different case.
Just imagine a "laptop" expert telling me that if I had an AMD processor, putting my laptop to sleep would destroy the board.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 4:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
dazekid:

Yea, I was telling a client that AMD CPUs having those issues stopped mostly being the case in 2009 or so and he was just like ok lipsrsealed Sigh. I personally don't recommend AMD APUs because they're mostly not as powerful, for example th higher end A10 is no match for the i7 family from Intel. If it were that their bundled graphics processors were much better than the Intel IGPs, this would be a very different case.
Just imagine a "laptop" expert telling me that if I had an AMD processor, putting my laptop to sleep would destroy the board.

Too bad, misinformation is some people's stock-in-trade. They talk authoritatively about what they know little to nothing about. The main draw with AMD CPUs is their more favourable performance-to-price ratio when compared to their Intel siblings, although AMD CPUs have nothing on Intel's CPUs in a straight comparison AMD's CPUs provide a good outlet for the cash strapped.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 3:43pm On Oct 12, 2015
opestein:
pls I'm also in Accra, wanna ask if airtel bis is still unlimited and which plan is it and can it be shared with PC? thanks

1. Yes it is

2. I'd suggest u subscribe to social. Lately they increased the prices(eg 1gh for daily. Used to be 49.99psc)

3. I have tried, not sucessful yet.

Sorry for the delay in reply. Been tooo busy lately
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 3:48pm On Oct 12, 2015
purplekayc:

Sad part however is that the 280ghtx cannot start most of today's games while the useless 850m, even though choppy, can...all because of directx 11. Such a waste of good power.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by opestein: 8:38am On Oct 13, 2015
kimco:

1. Yes it is

2. I'd suggest u subscribe to social. Lately they increased the prise (eg 1gh for daily. Used to be 49.99psc)

3. I have tried, not sucessful yet.

Sorry for the delay in reply. Been tooo busy lately
tanks
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 10:47am On Oct 13, 2015
kimco:

Sad part however is that the 280ghtx cannot start most of today's games while the useless 850m, even though choppy, can...all because of directx 11. Such a waste of good power.

Very annoying. I just wish Nvidia could update their past powerhouses, although it wouldn't favour them from a business standpoint.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by D3l: 8:00am On Oct 16, 2015
I want to build a gaming PC, do you guys know where I can buy a gaming PC case. I am willing to ship other parts from Amazon but case will be too expensive to ship.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 12:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
D3l:
I want to build a gaming PC, do you guys know where I can buy a gaming PC case. I am willing to ship other parts from Amazon but case will be too expensive to ship.

Is the case really that much wahala to you? My case is an old acer coreduo case and it does the job well. I know u worry about entilation but seriously my cpu and gpu temperature hover around 39 degrees and 59 degree respectively. Or u want beauty? Is it worth the hasle?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 16, 2015
is the lenovo y50 a good multimedia laptop
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 16, 2015
tensazangetsu:
is the lenovo y50 a good multimedia laptop
Yes!! Not bad for gaming too
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by D3l: 3:57pm On Oct 16, 2015
kimco:

Is the case really that much wahala to you? My case is an old acer coreduo case and it does the job well. I know u worry about entilation but seriously my cpu and gpu temperature hover around 39 degrees and 59 degree respectively. Or u want beauty? Is it worth the hasle?

Well i plan on buying a GPU in the range or AMD R9 280 or 290 and core i5, which should bring the expected watts to 600w when gaming next gen games and high temperatures.Will an old acer coreduo case have a psu that can handle that and is there room to fit a psu that can plus is there enough room for the gpu and board, if so won't it be too hot and cramped. Bear in mind oyinbo people complain of high temps using similar specs in their cold climate when gaming with expensive cases designed to reduce heat.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 16, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Yes!! Not bad for gaming too
And how long do you think it will last before becoming obsolete and what's best between a lenovo y50 and an Asus rog gl551jw ds74.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
tensazangetsu:
And how long do you think it will last before becoming obsolete and what's best between a lenovo y50 and an Asus rog gl551jw ds74.
forget the Lenovo. If u ve the financial power, go for the asus. the Y50 has a gtx 860m and the asus has a gtx 960m with a better CPU.

Anyways both PCs should last for at least 4 years b4 u start looking to change it, IF u manage it well...
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by D3l: 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2015
tensazangetsu:

It's all about the gpu, the Asus rog gl551jw ds74 has a 960m gpu which is better than the lenovo 860m. Check notebookcheck.net and use that to compare laptop gpus and how well they perform on recent games. it's an excellent site
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 16, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
forget the Lenovo. If u ve the financial power, go for the asus. the Y50 has a gtx 860m and the asus has a gtx 960m with a better CPU.

Anyways both PCs should last for at least 4 years b4 u start looking to change it, IF u manage it well...
Actually the asus is quite cheaper than the lenovo the asus cost around 190k if you convert it to naira and the lenovo around 250k
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 16, 2015
tensazangetsu:
Actually the asus is quite cheaper than the lenovo the asus cost around 190k if you convert it to naira and the lenovo around 250k
Whaaaaat?? shocked shocked Where did u find the ASUS at dat price?? If dats d case, please forget abt the Lenovo and get the Asus ASAP

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 16, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Whaaaaat?? shocked shocked Where did u find the ASUS at dat price?? If dats d case, please forget abt the Lenovo and get the Asus ASAP
Yeah I live in ghana laptops are much cheaper here than in Nigeria.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
tensazangetsu:
Yeah I live in ghana laptops are much cheaper here than in Nigeria.
Oh! Good for u guys....
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Craigbrown4076: 6:15pm On Oct 16, 2015
Hey guys,what about the hp pavillion m6?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Craigbrown4076: 6:25pm On Oct 16, 2015
Hey guys is the hp pavillion m6 a good gaming laptop?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Craigbrown4076: 6:59pm On Oct 16, 2015
Hey guys,is the hp pavillion m6 a good gaming laptop?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Singapore1(m): 10:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
yes sir, that is fake price for dollar , everybody knows that , 230 = i dollar, still did it yesterday

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (71) (Reply)

Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out! / HELP: Gaming Enquires / Updates And News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.