Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

ATM Users....beware!!!! I Have Stolen Millions With ATM Cards — Suspect - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / ATM Users....beware!!!! I Have Stolen Millions With ATM Cards — Suspect (621 Views)

Man In Court For Allegedly Securing A Job With Stolen Certificate / I Withdrew With Atm And Didnt Receive Any Cash Yet They Deducted From My Account / How We Will Take Coins From ATM - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ATM Users....beware!!!! I Have Stolen Millions With ATM Cards — Suspect by brainzdh(m): 9:52am On Oct 17, 2014

A 23-year-old graduate, (Mr. Ondavey Weize) of the Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State, Ondavey Weize, has revealed how he swapped the Automatic Teller Machine, ATM, cards of several persons with invalid cards and withdrawing large sums of money from their accounts before he was arrested by Police in Calabar.

Weize, who has over 60 ATM cards in his possession, said he came to Calabar, Cross River State capital, two weeks ago from Abuja and had succeeded in swapping the ATM cards of many people and had withdrawn money from their accounts to spend lavishly in hotels and night clubs.

He said of the cards in his possession: “Some of those cards are not valid but many of them are. What I do is to monitor people making withdrawals from ATMs.

“I go close to them and pretend to help. I memorise their pin numbers and while the person is counting his money, I swap his ATM card with an invalid one and later use it to make withdrawals from his account.”

Weize was paraded by Cross Rivers State Commissioner of Police, Titilayo Busari.

He said he had used the method to withdraw several millions of naira from people’s accounts and did not think of returning to the school he graduated from since 2013 to collect his certificate.

“I am not keen in collecting my certificate from my school or going for national service because I make enough cash from my business to take care of my needs,” the suspect said.

Weize, who is from Vandeikyia in Benue State, said he was introduced to the business by a friend from Ondo State, who he met in Abuja and that they had been working together until they parted ways.

He said: “We were doing the business together and after some time, we parted ways and have not seen each other for the past three months.”

The suspect, who was arrested in Calabar last weekend while trying to swap his card with that of another person in the premises of a new generation bank in Calabar Road, had in his possession N258,000 cash.

Mr. Titilayo Busari, Cross River State Police Commissioner, who paraded the young man, called on the public to be careful who they ask for assistance while making withdrawals from ATM.

“They should ask the bank staff to help them or come with trusted people from their homes to avoid falling into the wrong hands,” the police commissioner counselled.

He said his command was ready to ensure that criminal activities were reduced to the barest minimum during the Yuletide and called on the public to give the Police information about suspicious characters in their neighbourhood.

Credits http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/stolen-millions-atm-cards-suspect/
Re: ATM Users....beware!!!! I Have Stolen Millions With ATM Cards — Suspect by luvlyoracle(m): 10:27am On Oct 17, 2014
N
Re: ATM Users....beware!!!! I Have Stolen Millions With ATM Cards — Suspect by Simpsonrocket(m): 10:33am On Oct 17, 2014
Incase something happens ^^^ i dey your back.
Re: ATM Users....beware!!!! I Have Stolen Millions With ATM Cards — Suspect by baba11(m): 11:15am On Oct 17, 2014
Things are really happening in Naijaaa...graduate thief is becomiing norms and order of the day.....
Re: ATM Users....beware!!!! I Have Stolen Millions With ATM Cards — Suspect by Dexema(m): 3:13pm On Oct 17, 2014
Old and illiterate people are @ serious risk of falling victims.

1 Like

Re: ATM Users....beware!!!! I Have Stolen Millions With ATM Cards — Suspect by CBNIM: 4:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
Brb

(1) (Reply)

The 4 Worst Things To Say To A Friend Who's Suffering / Have You Noticed? Life Changing Facts / Accident On Njaba/owerri Road, See Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.