Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined (15488 Views)

Mtn Blackberry Data Cap / Best Blackberry Data Plan In Nigeria: Which Network? / Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by phiszo(m): 5:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
Julie9093:
how long does it last? Can I use it in BB10? I beg bros no vex.
A month or when you've used up your data. Yes it works on BB10 devices (that's what I heard).
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by phiszo(m): 5:31pm On Oct 18, 2014
Samchelsea:
glo coverage is not that good in some areas but with Mtn you are covered anywhere you go
Any of the networks (including mtn) can have issues depending on the area. Glo data service is awesome here while mtn is very bad here...
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 18, 2014
phiszo:

A month or when you've used up your data. Yes it works on BB10 devices (that's what I heard).
I tried requesting for dat but it's saying " Sorry you are not allowed to make this change. Kindly choose another Plan" so what do I do?? Pls
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by phiszo(m): 6:23pm On Oct 18, 2014
Julie9093:
I tried requesting for dat but it's saying " Sorry you are not allowed to make this change. Kindly choose another Plan" so what do I do?? Pls
You'll have to wait till your current data subscription is over before you can subscribe for a new bis plan or if you wanna cancel your current bis subscription. Text "cancel" to 777.
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 18, 2014
phiszo:

You'll have to wait till your current data subscription is over before you can subscribe for a new bis plan or if you wanna cancel your current bis subscription. Text "cancel" to 777.
Aiit. Thanks dear.
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by anytaij: 7:55pm On Oct 18, 2014
jayauthentic:

Works well on BB10, lasts for 30 days... Enjoy!
It doesnt jor have tried it like 3 months ago and u cant even share it with Hotspot . Na bad. Market abeg . They are all scams i mean all dis networks buh i trust Airtel a bit grin grin grin
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by phiszo(m): 8:11pm On Oct 18, 2014
Julie9093:
Aiit. Thanks dear.
You welcome
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 28, 2014
phiszo:

You welcome
hello gud am. Pls help me oooo!! d thing is not working on my BB10, pls what do i do? The 3gb is in my account but i cant browse with it. Help me plsss!! Thanks. Waiting for ya response.......
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by Warlord3000(m): 8:50am On Oct 28, 2014
Julie9093:
hello gud am. Pls help me oooo!! d thing is not working on my BB10, pls what do i do? The 3gb is in my account but i cant browse with it. Help me plsss!! Thanks. Waiting for ya response.......

Mtn normal bb sub doesn't work on BB10 na.. Only glo and etis does..

I think.
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 28, 2014
Warlord3000:

Mtn normal bb sub doesn't work on BB10 na.. Only glo and etis does..

I think.
not mtn but etisalat.
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by Warlord3000(m): 9:03am On Oct 28, 2014
Julie9093:
not mtn but etisalat.

Hmm.. Well.. If it persist on your bb10 why not try this apn blackberryx.net

Set it as your main apn and see..

PEACE
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 28, 2014
Warlord3000:

Hmm.. Well.. If it persist on your bb10 why not try this apn blackberryx.net

Set it as your main apn and see..

PEACE
its still the same thing.
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by phiszo(m): 11:10am On Oct 28, 2014
Julie9093:
let me refer you to my oga, femi4. Or check the bb thread in phone section.
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 28, 2014
phiszo:

let me refer you to my oga, femi4. Or check the bb thread in phone section.
aiit thanks dear
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by Warlord3000(m): 11:39am On Oct 28, 2014
Julie9093:
its still the same thing.

Oops my bad... I remember now..

Only glo and airtel normal bis plan works on bb10... [confirmed]

Call CC and tell them you made a wrong subscription code for your bb 10.. Your 1k will be returned back to you..

Add 500 to it and sub for the Etisalat bb10 mid plan of 500mb or so If am right..

But Carl care will tell you more.. But first.. Have your 3072mb changed back to money wink
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by femi4: 12:08pm On Oct 28, 2014
Julie9093:
aiit thanks dear
Bb with OS 10 is not supported
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 28, 2014
Warlord3000:

Oops my bad... I remember now..

Only glo and airtel normal bis plan works on bb10... [confirmed]

Call CC and tell them you made a wrong subscription code for your bb 10.. Your 1k will be returned back to you..

Add 500 to it and sub for the Etisalat bb10 mid plan of 500mb or so If am right..

But Carl care will tell you more.. But first.. Have your 3072mb changed back to money wink
aiit thanks dear.
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by phiszo(m): 4:58pm On Oct 28, 2014
Julie9093:
aiit thanks dear
https://www.nairaland.com/605352/all-blackberry-bb-problems-post/411

You did etisalat bis subscription?? I told you glo.
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by FrankyP(f): 5:37pm On Oct 28, 2014
Samchelsea:
glo coverage is not that good in some areas but with Mtn you are covered anywhere you go

dude don't say that again. you're so wrong!
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by Badosqi(m): 7:00pm On Oct 28, 2014
AREACYRIL:
That daily bis is more than 30gigabyte cause me don tire to download oh
Please are u using dat one of #100 bbcdaily or #120 bis daily. And when last did you use it.
#100 bbcday is no more working, though I downloaded like craze with d bbcday when it was still available.
And op bbc #1000 is around 2.5GB-3GB
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by odimbannamdi(m): 10:33am On Mar 30, 2015
Samchelsea:
when I want to download large amount of files I make use of UC browser and again I make sure I hav the normal data bundle( not bis) on my fone e.g 10mb or I simply subscribe for any of d sme data bundle then any time I want to download I subscribe for the daily Bis meaning I have two subscriptions on the sim then I open my UC browser and goto sites like wapdam.com which has anything you want to download but the thing about it is that in your ucbrowser settings you have space for bis network and Tcp network so if u want to visit wapdam.com and your setting is on bis network some files and some categories of the site will be hidden so what I do is that when I want to visit the site I change my settings to TCP and see what I want to download then when I have gotten to the final stage of the downloading process of ucbrowser I will then goto settings again and change it to BIS so that what I want to download will be reducted from the bis plan and after downloading I switch the settings to TCP and I interchange the two repeatedly and with that I can download movies music and apps of more than 2gb with #120 Mtn daily bis.....there are other methods but u can try this one

Bro, seriously, I would love to know more about this tweak. How can I contact u?
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by Youngpo413: 4:56pm On Apr 06, 2015
blackprowler:
I've been reliably informed by MTN customer service that both the BBC and BIS monthly packages have a data cap of 2GB. I'm in shock. I learnt the hard way having exhausted it unwittingly and noticed I couldn't browse anymore. I don't think that's competitive for a Blackberry at all. I got wrong info from nairaland that the BBC was a 3GB package. Oh well.
BBC DAY N100 is now unlimited
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by odimbannamdi(m): 1:50am On Apr 07, 2015
Youngpo413:
BBC DAY N100 is now unlimited

thanks for the info, but how do i activate it on my bb?
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by odimbannamdi(m): 1:51am On Apr 07, 2015
Guys, what is the data allocation/capacity of BIS 1k subscription of etisalat, glo and MTN?

Also, can a pc be wirelessly tethered (using hotspot) to a blackberry with any of the above BIS subscription??

if no, what are the exceptions?

am asking all these questions because am seriously thinking of getting a blackberry to save me the exorbitant cost of android subscription. besides, i want to download some files worth 9gig, so am also looking for a cost-effective way to download them.

some months back, with the help of a blogger from here, i was able to change my android imei to that of a bb to enable me browse using glo 1k for 3gig bis. but the 3G network on it fluctuates badly, making browsing extremely frustrating, so i had to dump it.

i would be extremely glad if u guys drop your contributions and advise.
Re: MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined by GuCci1(m): 10:34am On Jun 02, 2015
odimbannamdi:
Guys, what is the data allocation/capacity of BIS 1k subscription of etisalat, glo and MTN?

Also, can a pc be wirelessly tethered (using hotspot) to a blackberry with any of the above BIS subscription??

if no, what are the exceptions?

am asking all these questions because am seriously thinking of getting a blackberry to save me the exorbitant cost of android subscription. besides, i want to download some files worth 9gig, so am also looking for a cost-effective way to download them.

some months back, with the help of a blogger from here, i was able to change my android imei to that of a bb to enable me browse using glo 1k for 3gig bis. but the 3G network on it fluctuates badly, making browsing extremely frustrating, so i had to dump it.

i would be extremely glad if u guys drop your contributions and advise.

I'll advice you to go for the normal Blackberry, do the Etisalat subscription
3GB; N1000; 30 Days (*499*3#)
500MB; N500; 7 Days (*499*3*1#)
50MB; N100; 1 Day (*499*3*2#

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone / TECNO Unveils Fireboy As Brand Ambassador For Spark Series / How Can I Used BBM On Wifi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.