Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,784 members, 7,820,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband (1725 Views)

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / Could My Wife Be Cheating? / Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by Glowstone(m): 6:22pm On Oct 17, 2014
" A married man got home from work feeling Hot, and decided to
have sex with his wife, but she says she is not in the mood... The man
decided to force himself on her to his pleasure, early the next morning
the wife reported her husband to the police for Rape"

so now the question is, did the woman do the right thing by reporting
her husband to the Police?
And is the husband guilty as charged?..

State you reason
Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 17, 2014
Married or not, rape is Rape.
There shouldn't be any form of negotiation.

5 Likes

Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by Mynd44: 6:41pm On Oct 17, 2014
^^^^
Couldn't have said it any better

4 Likes

Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by Fxwarrior: 6:44pm On Oct 17, 2014
Haven' we treated this matter enough?

1 Like

Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 17, 2014
Glowstone:

so now the question is, did the woman do the right thing by reporting

her husband to the Police?

And is the husband guilty as charged?..

State you reason
what the man should have told his wife to her face is, 'i am going to see a sex worker, and spend the entire night there! You are my main battery, but whenever you run down. I must have a spare around.'

1 Like

Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by Fxwarrior: 6:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
Aprime:
Married or not, rape is Rape.
There shouldn't be any form of negotiation.

Few lawyers will take up this case and fewer women will agree to take it up in court. Its shameful for both the man and wife. Infact the shame seems to have left them to grip me.

The woman is not supposed to defraud her husband and the man isn't supposed to force himself on her. It makes her hate you.Both of dem no try.

She can sue for physical injury/asault but not necessarily molestation. Haba!

Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 17, 2014
basbone:
what the man should have told his wife to her face is, 'i am going to see a sex worker, and spend the entire night there! You are my main battery, but whenever you run down. I must have a spare around.'

So you would threaten and emotionally blackmail your wife to climb on top of her even if she does not want it? undecided

What will I not read on NL?

4 Likes

Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by Kookny(m): 7:14pm On Oct 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

So you would threaten and emotionally blackmail your wife to climb on top of her even if she does not want it? undecided

Which is more humane?

to forcefully pe.netrate her against her will and face possible jail term?
Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 17, 2014
Fxwarrior:
She can sue for physical injury/asault but not necessarily molestation. Haba!

I don't know much about the law, but one thing for sure is, a good lawyer and a convincing collection of evidence will surely pull the trigger.

She can Sue and win.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 17, 2014
Kookny:

Which is more humane?

to forcefully pe.netrate her against her will and face possible jail term?

The question, if at all, should be, which one is more INHUMAN?

It is wrong to justify one evil with another so let us not even go there.
Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 17, 2014
She did the right thing imo. Rape is inexcusable even in marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 17, 2014
Marital r*ape is legal by omission in Nigeria. I'm not sure if by omission because it was addressed in early 2000s and nothing changed.

Even if she reports to the authorities, they are handicapped and justice will not be served.

After, you'll see some Naija women claiming 'I'm not a feminist' because they want to be cool or liked by selfish fvcktards.
Keep on encouraging a culture/society that see women as inferior. You'll pay for it. Not just you, your daughters will also pay for the women-slaving, misogynist society you have encouraged.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by cococandy(f): 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
I tire. Recycled mundane questions everyday
Fxwarrior:
Haven' we treated this matter enough?
Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by cococandy(f): 7:37pm On Oct 17, 2014
You want them to stop being 'virtuous' and 'wife materially'? grin

Abeg talk another thing.
BananaBender:
Marital r*ape is legal by omission in Nigeria. I'm not sure by omission because it was addressed in early 2000s and nothing changed.

Even if she reports to the authorities, they are handicapped and justice will not be served.

After, you'll see some Naija women claiming 'I'm not a feminist' because they want to be cool or liked by selfish fvcktards.
Keep on encouraging a culture/society that see women as inferior. You'll pay for it. Not just you, your daughters will also pay for the women-slaving, misogynist society you have encouraged.

5 Likes

Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 17, 2014
cococandy:
You want them to stop being 'virtuous' and 'wife materially'? grin

Abeg talk another thing.

She doesn't understand their plight. She has no sympathy. shocked tongue

3 Likes

Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 17, 2014
BananaBender:
Marital r*ape is legal by omission in Nigeria. I'm not sure by omission because it was addressed in early 2000s and nothing changed.

Exactly. Being a woman doesn't make me inferior. I'm not an object or a se..x toy. Don't expect me to cower at ur words or bow to you cos I don't av a p..enis.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by cococandy(f): 7:51pm On Oct 17, 2014
grin
carefreewannabe:

She doesn't understand their plight. She has no sympathy. shocked tongue

1 Like

Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by bennyrazz: 7:55pm On Oct 17, 2014
mtcbhhwreeeewww
Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by lmmaculatecon: 8:04pm On Oct 17, 2014
undecided
Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by Nobody: 12:10am On Oct 18, 2014
carefreewannabe:

i dont know whether ure a christian. If u are, then u need to read the bible where it says that the spouses should not deprive eachother their bodies......actually, there are things the wife, as well as the husband have to sacrifice for the union. What if the man is the over sexed type? And u dont even know what sexual temptation the man must have seen, but decided to rather to do it with his wife than a strange woman. Then the wife cant even spare a little time for her better half, whom she promised to be with for BETTER or WORSE. If their marriage today is filled with infidelities and distrust, dont blame the man.

1 Like

Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 18, 2014
basbone:
i dont know whether ure a christian. If u are, then u need to read the bible where it says that the spouses should not deprive eachother their bodies......actually, there are things the wife, as well as the husband have to sacrifice for the union. What if the man is the over sexed type? And u dont even know what sexual temptation the man must have seen, but decided to rather to do it with his wife than a strange woman. Then the wife cant even spare a little time for her better half, whom she promised to be with for BETTER or WORSE. If their marriage today is filled with infidelities and distrust, dont blame the man.

I don't care what your Bible says.

If I am not in the mood for SOME REASON, my partner has to respect it. End of discussion.

5 Likes

Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by Nobody: 12:28am On Oct 18, 2014
carefreewannabe:

If I am not in the mood for SOME REASON, my partner has to respect it. End of discussion.
i wonder how you even see sex self? When i say sex, i dont just mean jumping on top a woman and start thrusting in and out with your penis. NO! There should be fore play and other things that stimulates the mood, and the woman also free herself completely in the game as a form of respect too. If she is still not in the mood after the whole saga, i think its understandable. And for you, make u try go school for se.xu.al education!

1 Like

Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by Nobody: 12:32am On Oct 18, 2014
basbone:
i wonder how you even see sex self? When i say sex, i dont just mean jumping on top a woman and start thrusting in and out with your penis. NO! There should be fore play and other things that stimulates the mood, and the woman also free herself completely in the game as a form of respect too. If she is still not in the mood after the whole saga, i think its understandable. And for you, make u try go school for se.xu.al education!

Thanks for the lesson.

In the example on this thread the man crossed the line.
It was not as "romantic" as you describe it.

Any human who is not in the mood should not be tried to be "convinced".

If I feel that I might get aroused by a f*oreplay, I will try without saying no first but on some days people have other problems.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 18, 2014
carefreewannabe:

feminists never care what the bible says.

1 Like

Re: Can A Wife Be Raped By Her Husband by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 18, 2014
BananaBender:
Marital r*ape is legal by omission in Nigeria. I'm not sure if by omission because it was addressed in early 2000s and nothing changed.

chai! The thing pain am grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

I Am Been Tortured Emotionally / Disowning A Child: What's The Concept Behind This? / A Father's Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.